• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Results after a reboot.
sztkhu.png

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108381

Associate
It destroys my 1800x physics by 5000 :(

I have tried turning HPET off through the bios (with a restart) but i am guessing it must still be running because when i run firestrike i don't get the Invalid score/time measuring message ?

Associate
right so im guessing a sure fire way for us to know we have HPET disabled is to get the same invalid firestrike message gav got ?

well i was going to do a bit of gaming tonight but this is my new mission... that physics score gav got is crazy lol

Gav what command did you use in cmd to turn HPET off ?

I used bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

Just did a bit or research (googled something) and there seems to be fair few hits regarding massive fps boosts when turning it off.

Soldato
right so im guessing a sure fire way for us to know we have HPET disabled is to get the same invalid firestrike message gav got ?

well i was going to do a bit of gaming tonight but this is my new mission... that physics score gav got is crazy lol

Its weird as hell because both the geforce overlay and 3dmark was reporting 80fps in the physics test.

Soldato
Excellent any idea what sort of Ram to use please seen there's been a few issue with Ram ?

Really tempted to chop my 2600K in now as well

Thank you.
Ryzen benefits from faster RAM in certain circumstances. I'd aim for at least 2666 MHz but ideally 3000 MHz. BIOSs and microcode are still being updated to help RAM compatibility so I'd find some sticks and motherboards you like the look of and then do a search for any issues or custom timings you should use.

Caporegime
Apart from running the DOS command, how do you know boys?

Edit: Found out. Run this at elevated CMD, if it returns an error that a element can't be found, it's off.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

If it's off you get an invalid score on Firestrike. I have it off according to the command prompt, but i don't get an invalid score.

Soldato
A mini audio production review for any body that is interested
*SNIP*

The AMD Ryzen 1700 still running & with only 46% / 48% usage
So i am able to increase the track count to all most double with the 1700 until audio glitches buffer under-runs appear this was with cpu usage @85% so its a bit strange that it craps out with only being at 85%... i am hoping micro code bios updates will solve this issue ...

*SNIP*

I will more likely start a whole thread to add all this data and what's to come with Ryzen maturing

harney, have you tried playing around with HPET on an off for timings? As that has an impact on timings, that would definitely be a worthwhile investigation for you :)

Associate
Ryzen benefits from faster RAM in certain circumstances. I'd aim for at least 2666 MHz but ideally 3000 MHz. BIOSs and microcode are still being updated to help RAM compatibility so I'd find some sticks and motherboards you like the look of and then do a search for any issues or custom timings you should use.

I was looking at the Asrock X370 Killer SLI AMD X370 seemed pretty decent and has Wifi .

Thanks a lot for your time and help much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom