• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Yeah. We all hope so. :)

Btw how's the Taichi?

Does everything I wanted, running 2 x 16Gb is limited to 2933mhz with my Hynix RAM, but I'm hoping that will improve in the future. The VRM's stay really cool on this board, TBH I think I've got a duff 1700X as I've struggled getting stable about 3800mhz, I've had it at 3900mhz but it wasn't very stable when pushing it hard and temps got a bit hot above 1.4v. Currently running 3.7Ghz with low voltage, computer stays really silent under full load and it sips electricity rather than guzzles it which it does as you ramp up past 3.7Ghz.

Soldato
That low power consumption of the Ryzen 7 (Samsung Zeppelin architecture) is going to be superb for 8/16 laptops, let alone the 32 core servers.

We should expect the Zen+ next year to clock higher at same low voltage, as is using the Samsung Zeppelin+ architecture.

Soldato
They did but as anyone who bought into the FM1 or AM1 platforms know, dead ends can spring from nowhere.

With the current direction AMD is heading, I don't think they will want to support any new sockets for the time being, perhaps just an AM4+ in the medium/long term

Back
Top Bottom