• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Any information where prices were posted not seen a thing...

Thanks
The "leaks" were posted here a couple of days ago, pricing from a foreign retailer I believe converted to GBP. But considering the lowest R5 SKU is ~£160, it's fairly obvious where the R3 1200 and R3 1300X will fall in the pricing structure.

I thought they may do this, I wonder if they plan on releasing 16/32 Threadripper for $1000.00 as that would cause a bit of a shake up with the HEDT market.

AMD Ryzen 7 Prices Drop By Up To 23% Ahead Of Threadripper Launch

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-prices-drop-ahead-of-threadripper-launch/

This isn't real.
My 1700 was 289 pound a while ago. Nothing to do with a price drop.
The R7 1700 gets the smallest price cut though. Already just under £300 at most places, maybe it'll be £285 or something.

I don't think there's any actual price drop.
New products are always cheaper a few months later unless there's stock issues.

INTERESTING I have long wanted a laptop with more than 4 cores - finally looks like they are on there way - 8-12 core laptop please! Middling graphics is fine for content creators.

Wish list:

Ryzen/Ryzen 2/AMD - 8-16 core CPU
32GB RAM
2 - 4 NVME PCI-E storage
4k colour accurate monitor
1080TI (or newer cooler equiv)

INTERESTING I have long wanted a laptop with more than 4 cores - finally looks like they are on there way - 8-12 core laptop please! Middling graphics is fine for content creators.

Wish list:

Ryzen/Ryzen 2/AMD - 8-16 core CPU
32GB RAM
2 - 4 NVME PCI-E storage
4k colour accurate monitor
1080TI (or newer cooler equiv)

Yeah. If that Asus 1700 + RX 580 comes out before Vega & Threadripper very tempted...

DisplayPort would work with FreeSync, which surely future AMD APUs will feature. I think you need HDMI 2.1 for FreeSync support, plus there are fewer monitors that support FreeSync over HDMI.

Likely to be HDMI 2.0 though right? Why would you need DP use on an APU?

Id have thought so. As DragonQ says. I'm mainly thinking about DP for freesync. Perfect for entry-mid range APU graphics performance.

I was the first to pick up on the fact that am4 boards don't have hdmi 2.0 outputs.
I will not be happy if the Itx boards that I've been waiting for are only hdmi 1.4.

That would be disappointing. I can't help but have the sense that the board manufacturers either intentionally offer sub-par efforts, or are so lost in their RGB/Killer NIC/garish heatsink/useless value added features that they have lost focus on producing a product that adequately fulfills the core functions that the buyers in that particular market would clearly require of it.

Id have thought so. As DragonQ says. I'm mainly thinking about DP for freesync. Perfect for entry-mid range APU graphics performance.

That would be disappointing. I can't help but have the sense that the board manufacturers either intentionally offer sub-par efforts, or are so lost in their RGB/Killer NIC/garish heatsink/useless value added features that they have lost focus on producing a product that adequately fulfills the core functions that the buyers in that particular market would clearly require of it.

It should be a joint communication between Amd and the board partners to maintain a focus towards future proofing using the latest standards.
Exactly that, just like it has to have Gaming printed on it !

Would you really be concerned with using a freesync monitor with an APU? How many people would really game on an APU, X370 setup with a freesync monitor? Just doesn't really add up.
Buy a cheaper board and standard CPU and a dedicated GPU surely? Otherwise you're looking at a cheap 1920x1080 compact gaming HTPC system to use on a TV right?

Back
Top Bottom