• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
Same motherboard as you. Was it asking you to restart or was it not changing anything till you restarted? A couple of my observations.
Did you notice that the chipset drivers are much bigger from msi then they are directly from amd? Dunno why this is.
I wasn't convinced Amd master was evening doing anything. Only gave it a quick go as I though it might save time from rebooting constantly whilst trying out overclocks.

This is the message i currently get when trying to apply oc settings

36JGrHo.png

Beforehand that would never show up, it would basically apply the settings on the fly in windows and you could get straight to testing them. Last night for a while it was applying settings without the need for reboot, now today its back to the above. Only reason i'm using this program is my motherboard suffers from a weird bug that many have reported where if you go over default voltage the cpu sticks at 1550 mhz or thereabouts. I re-flashed my bios a few times and it still seems to do this so i just use the ryzen program for the time being.

The driver size i thought was to possibly do with it maybe including radeon drivers as well? Not really sure why its so ridiculously large in size.

And since last night the mobo has been displaying another "oddity" where when the system reboots to apply the ryzen master settings it constantly goes into the bios instead of loading up windows, and it take a lot of fart assing about changing random settings to get it to boot up into windows again. I'm honestly considering returning this and going for something different as it just seems to have a lot of bugs that need worked out.

Soldato
This is the message i currently get when trying to apply oc settings

36JGrHo.png

Beforehand that would never show up, it would basically apply the settings on the fly in windows and you could get straight to testing them. Last night for a while it was applying settings without the need for reboot, now today its back to the above. Only reason i'm using this program is my motherboard suffers from a weird bug that many have reported where if you go over default voltage the cpu sticks at 1550 mhz or thereabouts. I re-flashed my bios a few times and it still seems to do this so i just use the ryzen program for the time being.

The driver size i thought was to possibly do with it maybe including radeon drivers as well? Not really sure why its so ridiculously large in size.

And since last night the mobo has been displaying another "oddity" where when the system reboots to apply the ryzen master settings it constantly goes into the bios instead of loading up windows, and it take a lot of fart assing about changing random settings to get it to boot up into windows again. I'm honestly considering returning this and going for something different as it just seems to have a lot of bugs that need worked out.

Stop using ryzen master its a piece of ****.
Use the bios like a real man.

Caporegime
Stop using ryzen master its a piece of ****.
Use the bios like a real man.

Sigh, why do people not read. To reiterate:

Only reason i'm using this program is my motherboard suffers from a weird bug that many have reported where if you go over default voltage the cpu sticks at 1550 mhz or thereabouts. I re-flashed my bios a few times and it still seems to do this so i just use the ryzen program for the time being.

Caporegime
I have the same bug, use voltage offset instead of auto or manual

Funny thing is that's exactly the reason i chose this board over the gigabyte version as the gigabyte only had offsets and no manual voltage. Msi seem pretty clueless as to why this is happening as its not affecting everyone with the same board and bios revision.

Caporegime
I and others have posted over this forum that the MSI ryzen boards are ****. They don't seem to care. The mods over there want to silence anyone with a complaint.
It is THE biggest reason I ditched the tomahawk for the crosshair.

I'm definitely considering sending it back, just seems flakey in a lot of ways.

Soldato
Gskill Ripjaws V are stable at 1.4V, (1.386V reported) at 3200MHz 14-14-14-14-32 1T CH6 Bios 1403. This is currently at stock CPU still. Wanting to start adjusting that now but on stock cooling.

I set the ram up manually with as few settings as possible changed in the bios.

Back
Top Bottom