• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
Anti lag has been added back to CS2, 7 months after AMD first released anti lag which caused gamers to get banned in some online games for cheating, leading to AMD to withdraw anti lag to work with developers on integration without triggering anti cheat systems.

Its weird but Anti Lag actually does something, i can feel the difference with it on, the connection between my mind and the mouse inputs is almost telepathic. I could never tell the difference with Nvidia Reflex, its like a fake button with a marketing slogan that doesn't actually do anything.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its weird but Anti Lag actually does something, i can feel the difference with it on, the connection between my mind and the mouse inputs is almost telepathic. I could never tell the difference with Nvidia Reflex, its like a fake button with a marketing slogan that doesn't actually do anything.

Thankfully we have actual evidence and figures for this (it includes reflex figures for comparison):

Hopefully he does an updated video.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thankfully we have actual evidence and figures for this (it includes reflex figures for comparison):

Hopefully he does an updated video.
The drivers and Riva Tuner have FPS limiters but he has a point in that unless you're limiting the FPS below your lowest GPU rendering capabilities it doesn't really work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The drivers and Riva Tuner have FPS limiters but he has a point in that unless you're limiting the FPS below your lowest GPU rendering capabilities it doesn't really work.

The point was to show that reflex does do something and is one of the best methods for reducing latency in games i.e. this isn't true:

I could never tell the difference with Nvidia Reflex, its like a fake button with a marketing slogan that doesn't actually do anything.

Reflex acts as a fps limiter too btw so you don't need to use fps caps via rivatuner etc.

Last edited:
Soldato

Frame Generation is on Consoles Now!!! FSR 3 FG tested on PS5!​

Hopefully devs start using FSR3 FG in more games. A game changer for console owners who have VRR displays.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did AMD identify decoupling upscaling would get devs to prioritise FSR3 FG support over DLSS3 due to available user base?

Certainly makes it interesting to see how FG support plays out in the long run.

I don't get the hype about FG. I've tried FG on my 6950XT several times now and I find it to be a useless feature. Even though I get roughly double the FPS, there is a hit to the responsive feel that makes it crap in my honest opinion. Now I don't know if this is specific to my setup(a bug perhaps?) or maybe this is the way it is suppose to work but either way it stinks. I'd rather play something like CP2077 @ 90-100fps and ultra low latency/instant mouse response than 200fps but the mouse feels like its stuck in mud/glue. If I remember right the added latency was either 8 or 16ms but it's very noticeable on my system.

Soldato
I don't get the hype about FG. I've tried FG on my 6950XT several times now and I find it to be a useless feature. Even though I get roughly double the FPS, there is a hit to the responsive feel that makes it crap in my honest opinion. Now I don't know if this is specific to my setup(a bug perhaps?) or maybe this is the way it is suppose to work but either way it stinks. I'd rather play something like CP2077 @ 90-100fps and ultra low latency/instant mouse response than 200fps but the mouse feels like its stuck in mud/glue. If I remember right the added latency was either 8 or 16ms but it's very noticeable on my system.

I play with a controller and have used FG in quite a few games using FSR3 mods. I haven't really noticed any lag unless the base framerate is below 40fps.

Soldato
Frame generation a game changer for consoles

Consoles have such high base latency, that turning on FG actually has a tiny impact on end to end latency, but the 50-70% higher framerate benefits more than negligible latency

For example: in Immortals of Aveum, base end to end latency on Xbox Series X is 130ms. Then you turn on FG and it increases to 138ms, just a 6% increase in latency, but the average framerate goes up by 70% resulting in a better visual and smoother feeling experience

Last edited:
Soldato
Frame generation a game changer for consoles

Consoles have such high base latency, that turning on FG actually has a tiny impact on end to end latency, but the 50-70% higher framerate benefits more than negligible latency

For example: in Immortals of Aveum, base end to end latency on Xbox Series X is 130ms. Then you turn on FG and it increases to 138ms, just a 6% increase in latency, but the average framerate goes up by 70% resulting in a better visual and smoother feeling experience

Grim you was so close to giving AMD some credit with this post.

It's nice to actually see that AMDs tech is now starting to show their vision that nothing should be locked down to the end user.

It's also nice to see that exclusive titles are even becoming less important these days.

PC for me is an open platform and it should always be that way.

Back
Top Bottom