• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
According to the tech rumour YouTuber "Moores Law is Dead" and Tweaktown we could be seeing AMD's FSR3 next month, As usual take with a gigantic grain of salt.

If it is coming this year I can see it being a feature for Starfield which is sponsored by AMD.

AMD's long-awaited third incarnation of its frame rate boosting tech is almost here, and could even debut in September - if we're lucky.

That's according to Moore's Law is Dead (MLID), who shares this info in the latest YouTube clip the leaker has uploaded which is mostly about discussing RDNA 4 and RDNA 5 graphics cards, and where AMD is going with those.

At any rate, we're told that FSR 3 is now almost ready, and the NVIDIA DLSS 3 rival is set to launch in Q4 - although it might just sneak out in September.

AMD's strategy is that it wants to have FSR 3 coming out with, or at least close to, the incoming Navi 32 graphics cards. Those are theoretically the RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT, and they'll supposedly be revealed at Gamescom later this month, ahead of a September launch.

We will have to see if this pans out - not just regarding FSR 3, but also the rumored mid-range RDNA 3 launches - but gamers will certainly be relieved to hear something about the former.

After all, AMD announced FSR 3 a long time back now - nine months ago, in fact, and since then, we've heard pretty much zip about it. Which started to make the more cynical feel like its announcement was more of a kneejerk reaction to NVIDIA's launch of DLSS 3 - the tech was first revealed in September of last year - with little substance behind it.

Indeed, folks were starting to wonder if it would ever arrive, but FSR 3 has been doing the rounds a bit in the rumor mill of late, and the latest gossip from MLID sounds quite confident that it's due soon.

In this new video from MLID, the leaker spills a whole bunch of sensible sounding details on RDNA 4 - and why it most likely won't have high-end offerings, backing up another recent rumor aired on Twitter. The good news is that this will mean RDNA 4 can be released quickly, and that AMD can focus more on RDNA 5 to leverage gains there, as it's supposedly set to be a huge stride forward.

If FSR 3 is indeed announced alongside the launch of the new mid-range RDNA 3 products, that'll clearly give those GPUs a bit more of a stoking in terms of their hype. NVIDIA has certainly been waving the DLSS 3 banner around with considerable fervor to promote Lovelace graphics cards, so we'd imagine AMD will want to make some noise with its rival tech.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
FSR3 is frame generation

Frame generation doesn't boost frame rate by 15%, it boosts it by 50% to 100%

Nvidia's FG yes but AMD's may not be as powerful but even 15% is better than a kick in the unmentionables.

But fake frames, why on earth would you use that?! It's cheating!

:D

Once AMD can copy what Nvidia has, This goes for any tech, All the nay sayers come out of the wood work to praise it, Happens every single time.

Just watch the people on this forum who are screaming and crying frothing at the mouth seething with pure hatred for Nvidia's frame generation do a complete 180 once AMD's version is out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Look at all these people complaining about latency eith FG. All i can say is ‘lol’. Doesnt deserve any other answer.

There is no perceivable latency as long as your ‘real’ fps is close to 60. And that is in FPS ( first person shooters), nevermind other genres which are inherently less prone to latency differences. I tested with 60 + FG vs 120 native on an oled monitor with instant pixel response. Same ****. But keep on making false claims out your behinds, as long as it makes you feel better. I swear tech forums are the worst in some cases, people pretending to be knowledgeable intellectuals … while only pretending.

:rolleyes:

Ps: reminds me. Even better. Casual gamers who simply ‘game’ and dont bother with min maxing / enthusiast **** won’t even notice latency difference… ever. They’ll look at anyone that says otherwise like they lost their marbles.

I mean, think about it. There’s ‘gamers’ out there who used tv smoothing. Do i need to say more?

Mate of mine is one of these who is always complaining and screaming about fake frames and latency, the frothing at the mouth type like we see on these forums... I sat him down to do a blind A/B test in The Witcher 3.

Everything he chose that "felt horrendous and was the worst ever" was 60+ FPS gameplay without FG enabled, With FG enabled it was and I quote "really buttery smooth so it can't be fake frames <insert frothing at the mouth and screaming>"

For whatever really weird reason, Frame gen seems to have brought the loons out of the woodwork or just highlighted some peoples desperate need to go to a therapist.

Soldato
OP
So you are basically saying that fake frames are for console playing peasants then!

Well, fake visuals was what PCMR use to say about consoles and their tricks. Now it seems PCMR opinion has turned 180° and the masters with expensive GPUs get to experience real elite fakery!

I'd say FG is useful in scenarios like MS Flight Sim where no matter if you have the highest end CPU you are going to run into low GPU usage more often than not. FG definitely helps smooth it out.

Soldato
OP
Has AMD confirmed FSR 3 is frame gen?
There was talk of DLSS 3 and FSR 3 before frame gen was announced and it took a lot of people by surprise iirc

According to this post which goes into what AMD showed/talk about it's either frame interpolation, generated frames or they found a genie to grant them a wish of super charging FSR.

In an Unreal Engine 5 demo, Radeon RX 7000 GPU hits 60 FPS with FSR 2.0, however once a new technology called FSR 3.0 is engaged, the performance increased to 112 FPS. According to AMD, this new upscaling technology will improve performance by up to 2 times.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
* AMD is promising frame generation at the driver level in an update coming next year.

Hopefully game level implementation happens this year with Starfield, I'd love to see AMD and Nvidia become highly competitive with frame gen tech and see both really polish their game level implementations.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah i remember this, you had to run G-Sync with V-Sync on, now Nvidia just recommends you cap your frame rates to 1 or 2 below your screens max refresh rate.

Which everyone should be doing, like this in RivaTuner.

2qFoKtO.jpg

Would the built in frame limiter in the Nvidia control panel work too or is RTSS the best option ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum will be the first 2... weird choice as both of those games are terrible, Forspoken was that bad Square Enix closed the studio down and IOA's devs are slowly being laid off :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well no, shimmering in certain games is extremely distracting especially if you're sensitive to it e.g. Spiderman smaa Vs dlss (I did this video because people kept banging on about how we just need to use better aa methods rather than rely on dlss/dlaa and supposedly smaa was regarded as being the best but from a temporal stability pov, not in the slightest does it help overall iq in motion).

The more people point out the issues, the sooner said companies will be to act and improve their solutions otherwise if everyone says it's great (even if proven otherwise....) then it will never improve... And this goes for all companies and their solutions but sadly it seems amd fans are happy to settle for "just good enough" and wait months/years for competing solutions rather than pushing amd to improve.

So far fsr 3 sounds/looks great but that doesn't mean there might not be room for improvement, same with nvidias frame gen as it's not perfect either and again, the real story will be when it comes to games outside of the initial pr showcases e.g. deahtloop Vs fsr 2 out in the wild, something which a lot seem to have forgotten about....

While I agree for the most part, The amount of "enthusiasm" about all of this in general from various people is verging on obsessive. It's the same with people who went insane with Nvidia's FG claiming they were having everything from nausea, To nosebleeds, Nervous breakdowns, Marriages ending etc etc... the hyperbole on this forum just gets to be a little much sometimes.

Soldato
OP
A Plague Tale - RequiemBorderlands 3Control Dead Space
Deep Rock GalacticDying Light 2Far Cry® 6Ghostwire: Tokyo
Hitman 3Hogwarts LegacyHorizon Zero Dawn™Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
Red Dead Redemption 2Resident Evil 3Resident Evil 4Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™StarfieldThe Last of Us™ Part 1The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It will be interesting to see if any of those games that don't have Nvidia's Frame Gen may now get updated to include it as Nvidia won't like AMD having such a 1 up over them in those titles.

Back
Top Bottom