American Truck Simulator

Really enjoying this, since buying my own truck I've been taking my time with the jobs I take going on more scenic routes.
I've not tried out the multiplayer mod yet but looking at a few videos it seems to be working quite nicely so I'm looking forward to jumping in on that.

I'd quite like the traffic in some areas to be increased, particularly in rush hour times. Looking at a few traffic mods to see which ones can tweak it based on in-game times.

Sometimes the AI Police in this game make me rage. Middle of the night, in the middle of the desert on the drive into Eurerka and I'm doing 57 in a 55 down a slight gradient.

*Ching Ching* $1000 speeding fine, literally no-one on the road in all directions at 3am. Somehow a Police car has snuck up behind me. Git

The view on the side screens is terrible in that video, they don't line up with the main view at all, don't think I will bother with 3 screens in the future
edit: they just mentioned there is no triple screen support, so thats the problem

Last edited:
Looking forward to the W900. I'll also be interested to see if the frequency of police spawning is reduced in the update. For the most part, I have no issue with the fines but the police spawn far too frequently.

The most rage-y fine I got was when I pulled into a weigh station and it switches to a 20mph limit, and I was still doing about 35 and a police car was on the highway in parallel - nasty fine.

^

The demo is limited by the number of jobs taken and only contains the state of California, but technically it's identical with the game itself. If you purchase the game after playing the demo, you can continue driving where you have left off, as the save game stored in the demo mode is compatible with the full game.

Im liking the game, but i only have made about $50,000 so far, its beginning to feel like a grind now, i havnt got my own truck, whats the cheapest one?

I'll try and stick at it, just getting abit repetitive, loving this more than ES2 though!

Im liking the game, but i only have made about $50,000 so far, its beginning to feel like a grind now, i havnt got my own truck, whats the cheapest one?

I'll try and stick at it, just getting abit repetitive, loving this more than ES2 though!

Cheapest day-cab trucks are about $120,000 with base engine and 10-speed gearbox.

Don't forget about the bank loans you can take ;)

Bank loans aren't as bad as they seem. I got to level six before buying my own truck, using a $100k loan to help kit it out reasonably including a 455hp upgrade and better gearbox. Then at level 8 I'd accumulated a bit more cash. I borrowed $400k, paid off the remaining balance from the $100k with some of that, then took another $100k loan out. That enabled me to upgrade my garage, and buy another truck for myself, with a few more upgrades. Also I employed a reasonable driver to drive the old truck. By then I'd discovered all bar one of the recruitment agencies which gave a good choice of drivers.

At level 12 I did the $100K loan pay off trick again and took out another which let me buy a sleeper cab for myself and employ a second driver. They are both starting to level up nicely and have very little dead time. I'm now nearly at level 15 and have just paid off the $100k loan again leaving $50k in the bank. That reduced my daily repayments by $1850 so now the cash is starting to roll.

The plan is not to upgrade this garage any more yet, but to buy another elswhere, pretty near some of the chemical plants would be good. My existing drivers are exclusively on Hazardous training now, so they will go to the new garage. and I'll get two more drivers to carry on doing the simple stuff back at Reno..

Can you upgrade the first garage they give you?

yes, but don't (not if you want to max your profit potential)

My start guide:

Do quick jobs make at least $20,000
Carry on until bank offers you $500k max loan
Take out 100k loan buy your first truck, drive to new garage or take a job to where your new garage is located from where you are (check map or look online for garage location of choice)
Take out 400k loan use this to pay off the 100k loan to reduce daily repayment amount leaving you with 300k to spend
Buy a new garage at 180k giving you 3 employee slots (upgrading your starter garage will cost the same and only give you 2 extra slots as you fill 1 of them)
you should now have 120k left over, just enough to buy another truck and 1 employee
keep doing freight market jobs now for the rest of your gameplay, you no longer need quick jobs
OPTIONAL: after you earn another 20k+ take out a 100k loan to max your borrow limit buy 3rd truck and an employee to drive it, bear in mind that doing this will up your daily repayments so you need to max you earnings each day and manage your sleep/job ratio well
keep going and look to pay off that 100k loan quickly

many hours/days (or game weeks later) you will have 250k left to pay off on that loan, take out 2 x 100k and 1 x 50k loan then use that to play off the rest of that 400k loan to reduce repayments then pay each one off as you make more money 50k first then the 2 100k loans and your debt free and all spare cash can go on new trucks and better personnel truck for you and life will be good :D

Last edited:
000000000018A8E2.jpg

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/im...0000018A8E2&back=online_profile.php?id=107669

Very nice screenshot :cool:

Really enjoyed the demo. Drove from LA to SF and right before the drop off point clipped a concrete wall and landed on my side while turning on a tight bend, sums up my career as a trucker.

I'm very tempted to get a wheel for this, seems it would be much more immersive.

Are there any good ones people recommend for around £50? I had a G27 once but used it sparingly and ended up selling it so the outlaw of another big wheel isn't something I fancy and I'm more than happy with paddle shifting so a standalone gear box isn't a requirement.

Played 2 hours of the demo last night. Was good fun.

Used a 360 pad, manual gears.

I'm overdrawn thanks to speeding and a couple of dings (where I'd been speeding :) ).

The only slightly jarring thing was the parking - the tough option just seems a little 'gamey' sometimes (no way would they really want it in those spots). I like the challenge of parking properly in the more reasonable spaces, but tend to use the overhead view for the slightly silly ones.

Good fun, if a little tedious sticking to 55.

Back
Top Bottom