American Truck Simulator

Got my earnings upto $138k last night and bought myself a Peterbuilt Day cab with as many extras as I could. Now to take on some of the bigger paying jobs, have discovered all of the Cities and truck dealers/agencies.

Really enjoying it, I was watching Squirrel last night while driving - probably one of the most chilled Sunday evenings I've had in a long time.

The harder economy mod at around $300 per load (on the mod screen shot at least) is sort of tempting, but I'll know I'll curse at it lol.

Yeah I watched him last night too, would chat but wouldn't get a word in edge ways the way his chat goes. Did you happen to know his mod spreadsheet? he has a lot I don't have..

The harder economy mod at around $300 per load (on the mod screen shot at least) is sort of tempting, but I'll know I'll curse at it lol.

Yeah I watched him last night too, would chat but wouldn't get a word in edge ways the way his chat goes. Did you happen to know his mod spreadsheet? he has a lot I don't have..

Yeah I asked the in the chat about 21:30 as I couldn't find it on the info page. Some did the !mod command and it showed the link.

I'm at work at the moment but might be able to find it when I get home for you.

Had a good run over the weekend - have now saved up and acquired the Peterbilt. Although was tempted to mod in a Kenworth K100 or K200, but sided with using one of the included trucks for my 1st purchase.

Careful use of cruise control, and attention to speed limits has resulted in a lot less fines. As well as spatial awareness when manoeuvring = less damaged cars/trucks.

Some subtle lighting mods I use, which I don't think have been mentioned before:
True lights
HDR fix
Colour correction

Using a flight stick for a driving game must be like using a steering wheel for an FPS game.

Going to sort out some mods tonight, only been using one which is the FOV changer, having 75 or 90 for the FOV helps me rather a lot, esp with parking.

Will look into the read Gas Stations and Companys etc also.

hi can someone tell me how cruise control works is it just a question of pressing C in game.thanks

I think the way it works is you get to a certain speed and then you press the cruise control button (C on keyboard is default) to hold it at the speed, although it doesnt seem very clear, if at all on screen or the instrument panel if it enabled or not, at least that I can see

Just tap the button and it should come on. Always works for me (down to 20mph as far as I can remember). As soon as you brake or accelerate it will knock it off. Try a different dashboard readout, it should have it on there.

Back
Top Bottom