American Truck Simulator

Squirrel said in one of his streams that there were no cameras, just cop cars either mobile or parked up.

I noticed the cop car behind me wen I went into a town and the speed limit dropped by quite a bit and go a $1000 fine, must have missed the parked one, will have to keep an eye out for smokey :cool:

Guys which wheel would you recommend for this or ETS? Preferably one that supports the simple control scheme so it is kid-friendly :)
What sort of budget are you working with?

The Thrustmaster T150 is a pretty good one for around the £100 mark, or if you want something with a bit more to it then the G27 or G29 can be picked up for about £170.

I'm enjoying this but keep getting caught speeding, need to keep an eye out for police, are there speed cameras in this?

Indeed - 3 runs last night, briefly went overdrawn on each run courtesy of some infringement, that was quickly rectified on completion of job. However, my profit is only $250 for all 3 runs!

Pottering around at 70mph isn't condusive to saving though; leads to an occasional nudge though as breaking distances are a tad longer than anticipated! Are American trucks restricted like their European counterparts?

I like the parking options, always opting to park myself, to get the minor xp boost needed at early levels. My drivers currently got the 1st ranks of Fragile Cargo and High Value Cargo. ADR will be next.

Think I'll be using cruise control and speed restriction, to assist in saving up for a rig, but a small loan from the bank manager could well help too.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to crack out the ol' G27 and get in on this!

HONKK HONKK. I picked it up yesterday and gave it a quick go while setting up the wheel. Used a totally different control scheme to ETS2 which was a bit of a curve ball and ending up netting me -£1000 after the first 3 junctions...

I need to sort out the new gearing system they are using as switching to the higher gears went straight to 13+ instead of 7+.

Indeed - 3 runs last night, briefly went overdrawn on each run courtesy of some infringement, that was quickly rectified on completion of job. However, my profit is only $250 for all 3 runs!

Pottering around at 70mph isn't condusive to saving though; leads to an occasional nudge though as breaking distances are a tad longer than anticipated! Are American trucks restricted like their European counterparts?

I like the parking options, always opting to park myself, to get the minor xp boost needed at early levels. My drivers currently got the 1st ranks of Fragile Cargo and High Value Cargo. ADR will be next.

Think I'll be using cruise control and speed restriction, to assist in saving up for a rig, but a small loan from the bank manager could well help too.

The limit on the freeways for trucks seems to vary betwwen 65mph-80mph according to good 'ol wiki, so a fiar bit quicker than ours.

I need to sort out the new gearing system they are using as switching to the higher gears went straight to 13+ instead of 7+.

Most annoying part for me, I kept selecting gear 1 when driving on the motorway & there is me wondering why it rapidly slowed down :D

I swapped the buttons around under controller, right at the very bottom. I think the options are called high range & low range. Still got to get used to it though.

Played 2 hours so far, Got a few fines, took out all the loans & now have a truck of my own. There seems to be less rest areas on this compared to ETS2, I was driving around for ages going to places that had the bed icon & they wouldn't let me rest :|

hired my first driver earlier. when am i likely to see him actually work?

I presume you've bought him a truck? :p the driver will pick up a job soon enough, and you can check their log by going to the driver manager.

You won't see them driving around the game though.

Lol aye got him a truck. Does he work offline or do I have to be on for him to work?

When the game is running, he'll be doing so but virtually - you will never bump into them.

Top tip - give them the cheapest truck, as it makes no odds whether they have 300bhp or 750bhp ;)

Back
Top Bottom