American Truck Simulator

Whats the best skills to apply early?

I've gone for Hazardous 1, Fragile 1, Long Distance 1 - seems to give me a wide range of long jobs but not sure where I want to start putting my next unlocks, would rather do some short runs until I can afford to buy my truck.

I played a bit of ETS with the XO controller and it was OK if a bit fiddly to get set up right.

Is ATS better in terms of pad support, and have the graphics been updated with any new niceties?

Had a quick play last night, didn't plug my wheel and pedals in but the American Trucks seem a lot harder to stop than the Euro trucks?

Could just be me as I'm used to the pedal and not keyboard now.

Whats the best skills to apply early?

I've gone for Hazardous 1, Fragile 1, Long Distance 1 - seems to give me a wide range of long jobs but not sure where I want to start putting my next unlocks, would rather do some short runs until I can afford to buy my truck.

Use the first point of each skill (1 fragile, 1 high-value, 2 just in-time) as these "unlock" those categories of deliveries. In ATS it seems pointless to use more than two long distance as the routes won't get much longer. I've done the above, then I'm adding each ADR.

Quite like this, the scenery looks more interesting than ETS 2 but the police and penalty system does seem more brutal. Luckily if you need to you can always turn it off in the console to help the bank balance.

I like the delivery system, from instant unloading to reverse parking the trailer..

Q

Use the first point of each skill (1 fragile, 1 high-value, 2 just in-time) as these "unlock" those categories of deliveries. In ATS it seems pointless to use more than two long distance as the routes won't get much longer. I've done the above, then I'm adding each ADR.

Cool will give that a run out. I'm avoiding taking a loan at the moment so the more expensive job the better at the moment. £27k in £100k odd to go.

Just picked this up. Anyone having trouble getting the camera to stay fixed in one position. In cab view it spins and rests facing the back of the cab. In external view it just rotates constantly? I've tried calibrating my Xbox 360 Controller but no avail. Will test with X52 joystick and if all else fails the KB but not a good start for me!

Just picked this up. Anyone having trouble getting the camera to stay fixed in one position. In cab view it spins and rests facing the back of the cab. In external view it just rotates constantly? I've tried calibrating my Xbox 360 Controller but no avail. Will test with X52 joystick and if all else fails the KB but not a good start for me!

Have you tried disconnecting your mouse? As even when the 360 controller is set as the control method (like mine is) I can still move the mouse to move the camera.

Back
Top Bottom