American Truck Simulator

Top tip - give them the cheapest truck, as it makes no odds whether they have 300bhp or 750bhp ;)

Actually, this changed in a recent update of ETS2 ;) the quality of the truck now somewhat affects the efficiency of the driver. I'll presume this also made it into ATS. Let me see if I can find the details of it.

Edit: It's actually the latest update (1.22.2). See update logs:

"Hired drivers are more efficient when equipped by good truck"

Last edited:
Still slogging it out to get enough money for my first truck, trying not to take out a loan! The fuzz keep giving me these fines which isn't helping. :D

Nice touch with the tumbleweed going across the road.

Actually, this changed in a recent update of ETS2 ;) the quality of the truck now somewhat affects the efficiency of the driver. I'll presume this also made it into ATS. Let me see if I can find the details of it.

Edit: It's actually the latest update (1.22.2). See update logs:

Thanks for pointing that out as I had missed it.

0000000000181F07.jpg

Argh, these police. Just got fined because I was doing more than 20 going into a weigh station and the police happened to be going past on the highway.

I know what you mean about slow trucks - I've got upto the 450hp engine in my Peterbilt, but it's so slow, even with loads less than 20,000lb!

Enjoying this much more than I did ETS2 - I think the USA layout really makes the difference.
Vegas - Bakersfield overnight, beautiful midnight blue sky, the occasional truck stop glowing in the distance and American country radio - very relaxing! :D

I ran out of petrol yesterday but managed to roll quite a distance into a petrol station, which looked cool but probably can't manage to do it again :)

Back
Top Bottom