Amiga forever?

Associate
Plus or premium?. Has any one bought Amiga forever plus or premium?. Premium sounds better but is it worth it and do games work right what are included?. Could i put the OS on a raspberry pie too?.
Don't bother with Premium, it's not worth the extra.
Every thing works fine, you might need to tweak resolutions now and again if you are using widescreen.
No you can't put it on Raspberry PI, you need FS-UAE or Amiban for that.

It's by far the best OOTB kit for Windows.

Soldato
i still have the 500 and 1200 boxed in the attic. some of the games were classics. SWIV, Microbes, Alien Breed, Dune II. just goes to show you don't need 60fps/8xAA/4K textures to have endless hours of playtime.

Man of Honour
24567672627_6134b15273_b.jpg

Soldato
I had a C64 but always wanted an Amiga for the same games but better quaility. I was shocked when i recently started to subscribed to certain YouTube channels and found out that a vast majority of arcade conversions were complete trash on the Amiga

Streetfighter 2 comes to mind there. I still loved it at the time and played it for many hours, but only recently learned how cut down from the arcade & other console conversions it was.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Streetfighter 2 comes to mind there. I still loved it at the time and played it for many hours, but only recently learned how cut down from the arcade & other console conversions it was.

You didn't buy an Amiga for it's arcade conversions (that's what a Neo Geo was for), you bought it for original classics like Lemmings, Worms, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Alien Breed, The Secret of Monkey Island, Sensible Soccer, Speedball 2, Turrican II, Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker, IK+, Stardust, It Came from the Desert, Moonstone, Super Cars 2, Syndicate, Gods, Hunter, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Zeewolf, Eye of the Beholder, Xenon 2, Shadow of the Beast, Midwinter, Pinball Fantasies, North and South, Sim City, Wings, Frontier: Eilite II, Stunt Car Racer, Flashback, Populous, F/A-18 Interceptor, Battle Ilse, S.W.I.V, Lure Of the Temptress and of course Defender of the Crown. Nearly all of these launched on the Amiga first and most of them are genre defining.

Soldato
Have you not tried WinUAE, it's free and quite easy to use, loads of romz / disk files available online.

Turrican II and SpeedBall 2, oh yeah Populous and Mega-Lo-Mania :D

Soldato
You didn't buy an Amiga for it's arcade conversions (that's what a Neo Geo was for), you bought it for original classics like Lemmings, Worms, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Alien Breed, The Secret of Monkey Island, Sensible Soccer, Speedball 2, Turrican II, Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker, IK+, Stardust, It Came from the Desert, Moonstone, Super Cars 2, Syndicate, Gods, Hunter, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Zeewolf, Eye of the Beholder, Xenon 2, Shadow of the Beast, Midwinter, Pinball Fantasies, North and South, Sim City, Wings, Frontier: Eilite II, Stunt Car Racer, Flashback, Populous, F/A-18 Interceptor, Battle Ilse, S.W.I.V, Lure Of the Temptress and of course Defender of the Crown. Nearly all of these launched on the Amiga first and most of them are genre defining.

You forgot
  • Silkworm
  • Another World
  • Tiny Troops
  • Goblinz
  • Genetic Species
  • Civilisations
  • Wing Commander

Soldato
Also forgotten, Dungeon Master and The Great Giana Sisters.

Also to be a bit pedantic, a Neo-Geo didn't have any arcade conversions, it was an arcade unit in itself which natively ran arcade games designed for the Neo-Geo arcade platform. And you wouldn't get that many arcade games on it anyway, just the Neo-Geo ones.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Not forgotten any, but where do you stop with a great system such as the Amiga?

I still render in Lightwave occasionally on my Video Toaster ;)

Man of Honour
Ive a 500 and 1200 as well as the 600 posted above. One of my favourite machines, probably only bested for me by my Elan Enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom