ANNO 1800

Man of Honour
Suffered my most annoying bug today. All dialogue boxes wouldn’t appear meaning you can’t access quests, diplomacy, newspaper edits etc. Most annoying as I was close to a peace treaty with the pirates.

Found a save from yesterday that was unaffected, but meant I had to roll nearly an hour back. Thank goodness it keeps lots of saves.

Soldato
Suffered my most annoying bug today. All dialogue boxes wouldn’t appear meaning you can’t access quests, diplomacy, newspaper edits etc. Most annoying as I was close to a peace treaty with the pirates.

Found a save from yesterday that was unaffected, but meant I had to roll nearly an hour back. Thank goodness it keeps lots of saves.

You'll have to add that to my other bug thread.....

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...rking-Game-has-to-end?p=14175939#post14175939

.... that one doesn't get much in the way of official responses either..!

Managed to play for two hours yesterday, no crashes..!

Man of Honour
You'll have to add that to my other bug thread.....

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...rking-Game-has-to-end?p=14175939#post14175939

.... that one doesn't get much in the way of official responses either..!

Managed to play for two hours yesterday, no crashes..!

I also managed some decent playtime yesterday with only one crash. Perhaps turning AA off has helped?

Unlocked the final tier, then decided to build this tier on a new island. It is turning into more of a project than anticipated and is eating up cash in the meantime.

The biggest challenge I have at the moment is keeping a constant supply of rum running from the new world.

Soldato
You mentioned previously that you have moved production over to another island. Do you mean move or demolish and rebuild.?
I know that you can move buildings on an island but did that apply across different islands as well..?
Some have complained about the micromanagement of supplies between island to satisfy the later tiers of workers.

Man of Honour
You mentioned previously that you have moved production over to another island. Do you mean move or demolish and rebuild.?
I know that you can move buildings on an island but did that apply across different islands as well..?
Some have complained about the micromanagement of supplies between island to satisfy the later tiers of workers.

Demolished and rebuilt. Then just setup trade routes.

Man of Honour
Looks impressive. Like you have mentioned, room seems to be a premium.

There are bigger layouts on the wiki page, but I can find no island wide enough to accommodate them. The most challenging aspect is managing population needs as you transition through the tiers. Higher tiers don't require many of the resources that the earlier tiers required and a surplus of resources costs income so I am now actively trying to cut back on the early industry that I setup.

This is what I'm currently doing on my campaign. I'm moving different productions to different islands and trading

It becomes necessary - both in terms of space and the effect that industry has on the attractiveness of your island. The biggest problem is that additional islands and trading routes cost influence that is at a premium later on. I enjoy the challenge of balancing it all though.

I have also started buying basic resources - money seems to become no issue, so I set timber, stone and steel to be bought from the AI now.

Pet Northerner
Don
There are bigger layouts on the wiki page, but I can find no island wide enough to accommodate them. The most challenging aspect is managing population needs as you transition through the tiers. Higher tiers don't require many of the resources that the earlier tiers required and a surplus of resources costs income so I am now actively trying to cut back on the early industry that I setup.

It becomes necessary - both in terms of space and the effect that industry has on the attractiveness of your island. The biggest problem is that additional islands and trading routes cost influence that is at a premium later on. I enjoy the challenge of balancing it all though.

I have also started buying basic resources - money seems to become no issue, so I set timber, stone and steel to be bought from the AI now.

I've been buying things like cotton and fur, as well as the hops / wheat needed for luxury items. I rake in so much from happy artisans and engineers I'd rather have the land for housing.

Associate
I'm getting to the balancing phase that I get to in all Anno games which ultimately leads to me putting them away for a while.

The "how the hell do I keep track of all these trade routes delivering goods to all of my Islands, why do I spend all of my time checking that they are delivering enough resources and that I'm producing enough to sustain it" phase.

It's a complete head bender.

Man of Honour
I'm getting to the balancing phase that I get to in all Anno games which ultimately leads to me putting them away for a while.

The "how the hell do I keep track of all these trade routes delivering goods to all of my Islands, why do I spend all of my time checking that they are delivering enough resources and that I'm producing enough to sustain it" phase.

It's a complete head bender.

I am sure I dreamt about it last night, which of my two cities to focus on and how best to supply them. I need to put it down for a few days :p

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I can't put this game down, it would have helped if therir was a manual included with the game. So far I'm in the old and the new world I have about 4-5 islands in both. I'm at war with Beryl O'Mara and I've gone through about 40 ship of the lines and god onlyknows how many Frigates. I've concentated too much trying to wipe out pirates and dealing with Berly that my economy stalled which is not too bad as I have 600k in the bank and a lot resources from taking over Berlys inslands and destoying her ships. I'm behind on the tech tree which I'm tyring to fix.

Man of Honour
I can't put this game down, it would have helped if therir was a manual included with the game. So far I'm in the old and the new world I have about 4-5 islands in both. I'm at war with Beryl O'Mara and I've gone through about 40 ship of the lines and god onlyknows how many Frigates. I've concentated too much trying to wipe out pirates and dealing with Berly that my economy stalled which is not too bad as I have 600k in the bank and a lot resources from taking over Berlys inslands and destoying her ships. I'm behind on the tech tree which I'm tyring to fix.

Yup, ceasefires with pirates is the name of the game. They get cheaper and cheaper. Beryl is a pain. She is also harder than the other two.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
|It's just to easy to get distracted, I think right I'll just fix this shortage and next thing you it's 2 hours later. The time just disappears.

Pet Northerner
Don
I managed to get her in alliance, so now I'm spending cash wiping out the other AI's (i have only 2 islands per map, but 100% shares on multiple islands)

Back
Top Bottom