ANNO 1800

Man of Honour
Have you tried it, if so what are your thoughts.?

Not tried it yet, but the screenshots that use it look great.

Had another crash this evening, I hope they fix it soon.

Have started to fully use the newspaper. My profit has increased by about five times. I mistakingly thought you didn’t get the influence points back.

Slowly moving production to my second island. They really need a reserve feature in the warehouse though so that not all products are removed by trade ships.

Pet Northerner
Don
Played another 2 hours tonight. Purchased a second island (on campaign) to attempt to get my canning peppers sorted.

Trying not to rush expansion, so that upkeep doesn't overtake my production, which was what killed my first attempt.

Soldato
Not tried it yet, but the screenshots that use it look great.

Had another crash this evening, I hope they fix it soon.

Have started to fully use the newspaper. My profit has increased by about five times. I mistakingly thought you didn’t get the influence points back.

Slowly moving production to my second island. They really need a reserve feature in the warehouse though so that not all products are removed by trade ships.

In the campaign, more to do with how poorly I understood some aspects of the game, I often needed to be the chief editor of my newspaper...! Cautious manipulation of some headlines can really help to turn things round.

Do the trade ships have the ability to drop the stock to 0 if, for example, you have set the minimum to say 30 and the two arrows set to indicate to buy and sell up to that minimum amount..?

Those crashes aren't much fun and need to be sorted. At least the game generates a bug report to send.

Man of Honour
In the campaign, more to do with how poorly I understood some aspects of the game, I often needed to be the chief editor of my newspaper...! Cautious manipulation of some headlines can really help to turn things round.

Do the trade ships have the ability to drop the stock to 0 if, for example, you have set the minimum to say 30 and the two arrows set to indicate to buy and sell up to that minimum amount..?

Those crashes aren't much fun and need to be sorted. At least the game generates a bug report to send.

Apparently the buy/sell sliders apply only to trade ships from other characters, not your own.

Soldato
Ah I hadn't considered that, but now understand its implications. I think that I have only touched on the potential to need to ship between your own islands. Perhaps if you're starting to set up a more residential a,nd then a separate industrial island, then that can be more of a problem.

I had thought that the raisable bar, below those arrows, might reserve stock on each particular island you own.

Man of Honour
I suspect they will add a reserve feature, they had one on 2070 and it is strange that they don’t have one here.

You will need to ship a lot of stuff around, especially for the highest tier residents.

Soldato
mmm not played the futuristic ones, altho I do own 2070, so I wasn't aware of that feature being there. That does make it seem strange to not include it with this one.

With the shipping potential you describe, and generally how my campaign is shaping, I hope to have time tomorrow to start a sandbox game, with certain selections..!

Man of Honour
Had my first riot yesterday on my second island. I didn't notice that I hadn't provided the artisans with any of their luxury needs and there was no police station. Took sometime to resolve, but fortunately didn't impact my main island.

The AI has picked up pace too, especially since settling in the new world. I am now buying up shares on their islands so that I can take full control if needed.

Soldato
I had the Artisans rioting, I hadn't so much forgot to supply them with their needs but more of not aware that they could be so objectionable to being short supplied...! A police station helped, until I got the supply issues sorted. Not aware of the share options etc, probably will get to that point in my sandbox, still to start.
what is your world pop now...?

Pet Northerner
Don
In my campaign I've just unlocked the new world and am startign to produce rum.

In the old world, canning has begun and sewing machines are also on the go.

People are getting upset at the pollution now, and I assume the only way to fix that is move production off the main island once I get the workforce upgraded on the new island.

Man of Honour
I had the Artisans rioting, I hadn't so much forgot to supply them with their needs but more of not aware that they could be so objectionable to being short supplied...! A police station helped, until I got the supply issues sorted. Not aware of the share options etc, probably will get to that point in my sandbox, still to start.
what is your world pop now...?

12k population and for the first time tipped over 10k profit.

Should get some decent time to play Tonight/Saturday/Monday. Fingers crossed!

People are getting upset at the pollution now, and I assume the only way to fix that is move production off the main island once I get the workforce upgraded on the new island.

Yes, that is one of the reasons for my second island (that and I didn't have pepper fertility on my first). I suspect the highest tiers will be even more sensitive to these issues like pollution, attractiveness etc.

Soldato
Having played a lot of Cities Skylines I thought that the separation of industry and housing on the same island would be fine. But it seems that the industrial pollution affects the island as a whole and not just where it is placed.

Pet Northerner
Don
Having played a lot of Cities Skylines I thought that the separation of industry and housing on the same island would be fine. But it seems that the industrial pollution affects the island as a whole and not just where it is placed.

I had the same mentality, I moved industry back where the oil fields were and kept the artisans as far away as I could, sulky gits don;t care!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Just bought this yesterday and am slowly working through the campaign. I need some tips on managing storage, I always seem to run out fairly quickly I suppose one way of making rooms in selling the stuff to another island. I also am broke but managed to get a £25k hand out for some reason and I also sold 50 cannons which helped, do you have some money making tips that I could follow?

Pet Northerner
Don
Just bought this yesterday and am slowly working through the campaign. I need some tips on managing storage, I always seem to run out fairly quickly I suppose one way of making rooms in selling the stuff to another island. I also am broke but managed to get a £25k hand out for some reason and I also sold 50 cannons which helped, do you have some money making tips that I could follow?

I've found meeting luxury item needs boosts my income. Now I have a lot of workers, having beer on production makes me a tonne. Looking forward to the full effect of sewing machines and tinned food on the artisans.

Soldato
I had the same mentality, I moved industry back where the oil fields were and kept the artisans as far away as I could, sulky gits don;t care!

In a sense that isn't good. You could have them living next door to a large factory and they would bother just the same as if it was at the other side of the island
Still it is what it is.

Man of Honour

Meet all needs, your main income is from your taxes. Feel free to sell surplus materials, but don’t aim to trade them.

Sell ships, lots of money to be made.

Buy shares on other islands.

Level up your residents, higher tiers bring in a lot more cash.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I seem to be getting the hang of the ecomony now, not as much as people but I'm happy with 1.2k at the moment. I have presence on 4 islands and have opened into the new world but I'm realy just concentrating on the old world at the mo. You really need to keep an eye on supplies as you can soon turn that 1.2k into 2k debt and that wad of cash you thought you had dissapeers.

Man of Honour
Am interested in this game guys, but for someone that's not played this type of game before is it worth the 50? asking price.............thanks.

It is fantastic value for money if it is your type of game as you will lose countless hours to it. The game world is also hugely customisable. I would encourage you to watch a few gameplay videos.

Back
Top Bottom