ANNO 1800

Soldato
Just bought this yesterday and am slowly working through the campaign. I need some tips on managing storage, I always seem to run out fairly quickly I suppose one way of making rooms in selling the stuff to another island. I also am broke but managed to get a £25k hand out for some reason and I also sold 50 cannons which helped, do you have some money making tips that I could follow?

Unless you don't like to watch these type of videos, some think of them as sort of spoilers, then this could help you...

Am interested in this game guys, but for someone that's not played this type of game before is it worth the 50? asking price.............thanks.

It is a lot of money and at that price I would have hesitated. But I had played 1404 a long time ago and this one seemed to build on that style of Anno game. So for me it would have been a very good buy even at full price.
Like it has been mentioned already take a look at some of the lets play videos, that might help you.
A pity that it is not still on sale at Steam, at least you could have tried it out and refunded if it is not for you. Then again Epic also have a two hours play refund policy, from what I have just read.

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Anyone getting buGs where you can't accept quests? You get a the text windows but no way of accepting the quest.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So many crashes today. They are clearly struggling to fix the Dx12 crash.

Tier 4 now and bought out one of my competitor islands so that I can access his oil...and so that I could get some of the locked up influence points back. Have started building my first zoo too.

Soldato
Picked this up and absolutely hooked! I used to love Anno 1404, wasn't all that keen on the future ones - This one is fantastic.

Time just seems to disappear! Lol - I am trying my best to keep everyone at maximum happiness before committing to any upgrades, currently got a plus income of +1000 which is pretty good so far - Very addictive game!!

Man of Honour
Commuter pier :eek:

Well that makes things easier. Shared workforce now between any island it is built on.

Plus the perk that gives you 200 free workforce (useful for small islands that you only want mines on).

Soldato
Commuter pier :eek:

Well that makes things easier. Shared workforce now between any island it is built on.

Plus the perk that gives you 200 free workforce (useful for small islands that you only want mines on).

I wondered how the heck that purple are able to build a small mining colony, without seeing any houses or other things needed to support them. I assumed that the screen shot just didn't show that part of the island with those things built.

Some have suggested that that feature should be available in one tier of workers lower than it is.

Man of Honour
I wondered how the heck that purple are able to build a small mining colony, without seeing any houses or other things needed to support them. I assumed that the screen shot just didn't show that part of the island with those things built.

Some have suggested that that feature should be available in one tier of workers lower than it is.

I would agree with this. Have it available when you get the artisans as you suddenly need to invest heavily in a second island. Even when you get the engineers you can’t build it straight away as it takes a lot of the new tier resources to construct.

I had my first disease spreading yesterday. I can see why people say it is an annoying mechanic. Ships spread it, but it isn’t like you can just stop all of your trade routes. In many ways it is less impact to just leave the hospitals deal with it.

I also realised that I need to have a few ships running to the new world, not just one with a full cargo hold. It just takes too long for them to travel. This way you set up a constant supply line.

Soldato
I'm hoping to get some time to play today.

My 2x16GB DDR4 memory came yesterday and I fitted those. Not that they are needed for this game.

Hopefully they will still be investigating those DX crashes, very little official responses in either of those bug threads that I created. But let's hope.

Man of Honour
I'm hoping to get some time to play today.

My 2x16GB DDR4 memory came yesterday and I fitted those. Not that they are needed for this game.

Hopefully they will still be investigating those DX crashes, very little official responses in either of those bug threads that I created. But let's hope.

Apparently it is a Nvidia/intel combo. Doesn’t seem to have been fixed since the beta though as far as I can tell. Frustrating. Lags too much using Dx11 for me.

Soldato
Apparently it is a Nvidia/intel combo. Doesn’t seem to have been fixed since the beta though as far as I can tell. Frustrating. Lags too much using Dx11 for me.

I do wish they would update their known list of issues they are investigating. As yet for the DX12 bug they have listed....

• [Possibly fixed] DX12: Game crashes on start.
    Make sure you update your graphics drivers and it should be fixed, if you continue to do so - please contact the support team.
  • [Currently in Investigation] Playing a session, and starting a new one over and over can lead to a crash.
  • [Fixed for Nvidia, still investigating for AMD]On game launch the integrated GPU is addressed by the game not the dedicated GPU
  • Graphical corruption is present when AMD Crossfire is activated
    Currently investigating, however please bear in mind Crossfire is not supported
  • [Currently investigating] Uplay overlay shade is not correctly displayed on AMD GPUs if title loaded with DirectX 12

I imagine that as your game progresses and the numbers increase, the DX11 lag would only become worse.

I have turned down the AA for 4 to 2, some have that turned off. Not sure if it helps but I have had that type of crash less frequently. Then again I still need to get back into playing the game and I'll test that more.
I have a 1080Ti and Intel based chipset.

Soldato
Same here.

It is really random too. I can play for hours and it’s fine. Other times it crashes after a few minutes.

It's that randomness which confuses me whether it is fixed or not, reducing the AA. This needs to be addressed by UBI.

Did you use that zoom mod yet...?

EDIT: See that you added your bit over at the UBI forums regarding that crash, you quoted me :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's that randomness which confuses me whether it is fixed or not, reducing the AA. This needs to be addressed by UBI.

Did you use that zoom mod yet...?

EDIT: See that you added your bit over at the UBI forums regarding that crash, you quoted me :)

Oh, that was you :p

Yeah, figured I would add my voice. Hopefully we can all pressure them.

Haven’t used the zoom mod yet.

Man of Honour
They need some pressure....

A70WEk1.jpg

So so annoying. I turned AA off - feels a lot smoother now which was to be expected, but also necessary as my game gets more and more built up. Hasn’t crashed yet, but haven’t tested it for long.

I was starting to move industry away from my main island, but then realised that you need oil on the same island as your engineers to start the initial production of steam engines that are needed for other buildings.

I bought my second AI island, then they all declared war on me :p

I was looking at city building layouts on the wiki, but I don’t see how people fit them on any island.

Soldato
Yesterday was particularly problematic with those crashes, to the point of giving up. As you have noted some days you can play for a long time without any at all.

From what I recall land warfare was never implemented that well but some observe that being ship only in this game makes it a little lacking.

Even tho you can choose the predominant island sizes in sandbox it doesn't make them that big. I haven't reached the point where that really matters yet but I can see how it could be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom