**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
Yep, I know I was 1.5 secs slower on Oulton Park when I went and did the VR laps compared to the times I was doing consistently at home on my triple screens. The change in perspective and the reduced resolution threw me off quite a bit. Hope you get through Rich, had a good laugh at Bedford :)

Associate
Yep, I know I was 1.5 secs slower on Oulton Park when I went and did the VR laps compared to the times I was doing consistently at home on my triple screens. The change in perspective and the reduced resolution threw me off quite a bit. Hope you get through Rich, had a good laugh at Bedford :)

Cheers Si, I went up to OCHQ on Tuesday and set a decent-ish lap so I'm hoping to go through again, just a month to wait and see haha :D

I'm flabberghasted that there's always loads of slots available and the take up hasn't been better, although once the top 6 went under 1min30s I suppose it starts to put people off but that just made me more determined to crack it.

It's too good a day not to give it your all.

Plus, you definitely won't embarass yourself in the final m8, you drove like a demon in the F3000 - especially in the fading light and that bloody sun in our eyes for half the lap lol. :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Did you manage a top 6 time aerorich? I had a feeling that you would sail past my time on this round. I am literally counting down the days until the end of March ha

Associate
Did you manage a top 6 time aerorich? I had a feeling that you would sail past my time on this round. I am literally counting down the days until the end of March ha

Yes m8, went up Tuesday and snuck a 1.29.283 in, still a little bit left in it but not much.
Fingers crossed for both of us. ;):eek:

Associate
That's me ‍♂️ Got some practise in before I went this time, had another 2 tenths on lap 10 but messed up the chicane.

Quite pleased as not too far off my best at home of a 28.4. Fingers crossed!

Haha, stunning lap man, you'll get another chance when the roadshow goes to London, though I doubt you'll need to defend that time for a top 6.

I guess that the rest of the GTA clan are gonna have a go?

Associate
28.793... good work chap :) Have fun at Bedford, that's a top 6 time no doubt. Getting tough now Rich.

Yep, even as we sat down for lunch at the last track day, we knew it was gonna be a toughie to qualify for the next one.

At least he's (Mathieu) a known quick driver (GT Academy), at first I thought it was some 'average Joe' off the street making it look easy, which would have been worse in a way but for me to get within 0.5secs, I'm pretty happy with that.

Does anyone think that the roadshow rigs are quicker than the OCHQ one? @molloy22 , @mathieugt ?
Probably no different but I found I had to use a lot more lock compared to my home set-up.

Associate
I was astonished when I saw that 1.28.7 time! Admiration all round as that time is ridiculous lol

I thought I would explore the track limits tonight with my xbox 360 pad and could not even break into the 1.29s ha

My g27 is getting set up tomorrow to get some more practise, I fear my 6th place will get beat soon!

Rich, call me a sceptic but I feel the roadshow rigs are a little bit quicker but surely it can not differ as everything is the same!

I would love to see one lap Mathieu of you doing a 1.28, I calculated a 1.29.0 would be possible but that has completely blown me away you can get mid 1.28s

Back in the day when I hot lapped on Forza motorsport 2,3 and 4 leaderboards, I always used to analyze the top 10 times to see where I was losing time. I can not figure out where im losing 0.5 to 1 second per lap?

I might have one more go or I will have to leave it until the next round to try again.

Associate
I was astonished when I saw that 1.28.7 time! Admiration all round as that time is ridiculous lol

I would love to see one lap Mathieu of you doing a 1.28, I calculated a 1.29.0 would be possible but that has completely blown me away you can get mid 1.28s

The guy's just a pure alien.. it's not always possible to even see where the time is :confused:

He was doing 1:28's at home the first time he even played the combo.

Associate
Does anyone think that the roadshow rigs are quicker than the OCHQ one

All equipment used is the same (PC specs are identical, though different PC cases used), and all game settings are the same.

Either Amy or I will have an update on here with the latest times shortly.

Associate
Thanks guys! With regards to the setup.. to me it felt identical on tour to what I remembered from the showroom.
The main reason why I only managed a 1:30 on my first go in the showroom was I had no real practice at all; due to not knowing the track till 1 day before and being unable to jump on that car/track combo before the following morning.

As far as the video goes of a low 28... i'll save that until after the competition finishes ;)

Associate
Hey everyone, great to see some new faces on the thread!

I have the updated Leader-board for you!

1st Place: M. Gauthier-Thornton - 1:28.793
2nd Place: C. Theseira - 1:28.875
3rd Place: R. Jackson - 1:29.283
4th Place: S. Crane - 1:29.325
5th Place: N. Rowland - 1:29.337
6th Place: R. Baker - 1:29.476

Associate
Thanks guys! With regards to the setup.. to me it felt identical on tour to what I remembered from the showroom.
The main reason why I only managed a 1:30 on my first go in the showroom was I had no real practice at all; due to not knowing the track till 1 day before and being unable to jump on that car/track combo before the following morning.

As far as the video goes of a low 28... i'll save that until after the competition finishes ;)

Do you run VR at home Mathieu? I found switching from screens to VR really threw me off my game.

Associate

After you own the track day on April the 1st, I think you should upload a video of your lap on Donny haha

One tip for the F3000 car, do not push until the 3rd lap as the tyres take some time to get to optimum temps. I pushed on the second lap and lost the back end at around 60-70 mph under braking.

I simply do not have the time to practice for this round, I smashed a 19 hour shift at my work yesterday with only a 20 minute break all day!

I am going to have to leave it until the next round to try and qualify for the next track day in June/July.

Good luck Rich, I have a feeling these set of lads are going to be quick on the track day!

Anyway, I need to get back to my work and earn some pennies towards an Ariel Atom! :eek:

Associate
Was it you sat on the apex facing me when I was driving into the sun? I nearly **** myself as I didn't see you until I turned in at full chat. I was so glad there was plenty of run off then...scary moment!

Back
Top Bottom