**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
Good luck Rich, I have a feeling these set of lads are going to be quick on the track day!
:eek:

Thanks m8 but I got a feeling my time will be lucky to survive.
It'll probably be p*ssing down come April so I won't mind trying again in the next quarter if it comes to it.

Last edited:
Associate
Was it you sat on the apex facing me when I was driving into the sun? I nearly **** myself as I didn't see you until I turned in at full chat. I was so glad there was plenty of run off then...scary moment!

Hope my time survives the test of errr... time.

How was the trackday? So what was the format and what did you drive etc?

Associate
Was it you sat on the apex facing me when I was driving into the sun? I nearly **** myself as I didn't see you until I turned in at full chat. I was so glad there was plenty of run off then...scary moment!
I believe that was me. I also **** myself, not knowing whether to try and move or stay still so you could go around me. Thanks for being on point.
I'll second what molloy22 has said, spend a few laps warming up the tyres. I over drove the car from lap 1 and (coupled with a complete lack of skill) didn't get a single clean lap in.

I've seen the Silverstone day has been removed from the main racing series page, I take it that is not happening anymore?

Associate
Hope my time survives the test of errr... time.

How was the trackday? So what was the format and what did you drive etc?

When we went it was the Caterham pursuit, Land rover off road course, BMW M4 and JPLM passenger ride, Caterham (Track), Ariel atom, Karts, JPLM and F3000 but they had a few groups on the day so maybe the driving order will be different as they rotate the groups to suit.

If you have a look on the website, it's all on there plus there's the Clio touring cars instead of, I think, the track caterhams this time.

Last edited:
Associate
so just to absolutely confirm the settings running on the OCUK rig:
10 lap solo race mode.
Fuel level??? Just default setup and default fuel? or 50L fuel?
ABS and SC are ON
TC OFF
Overcast conditions
19.00 time???
Donny GP.
Damage and tyre wear, just default for both?
Rolling start or normal?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen the Silverstone day has been removed from the main racing series page, I take it that is not happening anymore?
We still want to go to Silverstone either this round or next, we're just unsure as to when at this point :)

Fuel level??? Just default setup and default fuel? or 50L fuel? 19.00 time??? Rolling start or normal? Damage and tyre wear,
Yep, 50L and 19:00, rolling start, tyre wear and damage is off, car is the Renault Trophy V6 Megane

We all had a great day I think.
It was great to see everyone bonding on the day! I had loads of fun chatting to you all

So what was the format and what did you drive etc?
Line up is slightly different this time, we have Caterham Pursuit, Land rover defender, BMW M4 GTP, Renault Clio Cup (instead of the Caterham 7 Superlight), Ariel Atom, Palmer Jaguar JP-LM, Go-karting, Formula 3000 (top 3 fastest lapts from F3000 progress to the grand final). You also have a SuperRide experience where an instructor will take you round in an un-capped JP-LM!
Usually the day starts at 07:45 and ends at 17:30 (roughly).

Associate
After playing around with the telemetry app, I have managed to gain an extra half a second where I was going wrong.

With a bit of practise I think I would manage a 28.8 - 28.9.

Might have to do another booking to the VR showroom as I have regained some confidence! lol

Still don't know how you managed a 28.4 mathieu, must have been the ultimate lap!

Associate
One more thing for Amy, Hal or another member of staff to confirm please.....

I have noticed on the online booking form you can book after the 1st of April, I am just wondering if the Bedford track day has been postponed to a different date or if the date is definitely the 1st of April?

Associate
With a bit of practise I think I would manage a 28.8 - 28.9
DO IT!

I have noticed on the online booking form you can book after the 1st of April, I am just wondering if the Bedford track day has been postponed to a different date or if the date is definitely the 1st of April?

I can confirm the track day is 100% booked for April 1st and it being April fools was completely unintentional haha. The reason you can still book for April 3rd onward is because Round 3 opens then :)

Associate
What's that about ?

It's our Racing series competition! Usually we just have the sims at HQ but this round we have been taking them around the country to give more people a chance to enter, you can win a PalmerSport track day if you set one of the six fastest laps this round. So we are going to that location for the weekend to give people down south a chance.

More information about the Racing Series can be found here: www.overclockers.co.uk/ocukrs

Hope this helps :D

Associate
It's our Racing series competition! Usually we just have the sims at HQ but this round we have been taking them around the country to give more people a chance to enter, you can win a PalmerSport track day if you set one of the six fastest laps this round. So we are going to that location for the weekend to give people down south a chance.

More information about the Racing Series can be found here: www.overclockers.co.uk/ocukrs

Hope this helps :D

Oooh I see, thought it was another competition at Mercedes Benz world! Why you'd be promoting that I don't know, of course I was being an idiot lol.

Associate
also - I dropped in earlier in the week at the overclockers offices in stoke to have a go.
The ingame steering wheel rotation did not match the actual rotation of the wheel at all.
The in gamme wheel moved about 30 degrees left or right.
It's almost certainly because the wheel had not been calibrated - this is a simple procedure in the setup menu under controls - this will allow the game to match the incar rotation of the virtual wheel with the one you're holding.

Otherwise its jjust bizarre.
Please can this be fixed or at least be looked at? its like a 30 second job to fix. Having just watched the facebook video - it was correct in that, there is a bit where he quickly shows the screen and you can see the rotation is fine/matching his input - so its not like this will throw the fairness out or something....it just needs fixing to match the other rigs.....

i'd also like to confirm that as per the competition page, it says you get 30 mins - some time for warmup and then the actual timed event. Can you confirm whether the event actually is 30 mins or whether we are supposed to be given a warm up - or whether you just get your 10 lap race and that's it?

and lastly - the performance of the game really wasn't great - i have an i7 5820k + 970gtx + a vive - it easily runs pcars at 90fps with most things turned down and i don't get any stutter or ghosting at all - however when i had a go at overclockersUK it was performing poorly, even though the visual quality was obviously on fairly low...

Was this just a glitchy test or maybe the PC needed a reboot....?
or it could be the case that you're running both asynchronous timewarp and reprojection at the same time - under Steam VR settings. It should be one or the other, and if you can't get a decent system then its safer to run it on reprojection.

finally - you need to bind a button on the steering wheel to the 'recentre HMD' under control assignments - because unless the person sat in the seat is facing directly forward head on and with the head up in a normal position when the game starts, it won't be centred correctly. The only way to ensure this is to bind a button to the wheel so that once inside the game he/she/overclockers administrator can press it to ensure its centred.

Sorry i know it sounds like i'm just complaining but i was just surprised considering its overclockers and i'd have thought you'd 'be running a beefy system! I'm just checking because obviously the performance depends on how its been set up with the graphics and steam VR settings, and it makes a big difference to the gameplay - i would be very surprised if the other rigs have been set up in this way.

thanks again and of course its an amazing competition with a superb prize considering its free. just hope these small things can be fixed, especially the steering rotation issue.

Last edited:
Associate
The 30 minutes is the slot I think, but you just get 10 laps. I asked the guy sorting me out to recentre before I started which he was happy to do, I'm sure if you'd have pointed the rotation issue out at the time it could have been sorted.

No idea about the Vive setting issues, but I've since bought an OR headset and on my ageing system I find it's much clearer than the OCUK setup was with the Vive. It was very blurry (like racing without my glasses on) and it actually made me decide not to buy a VR headset at the time. I'm so glad I changed my mind though because the difference between HD monitors and VR is much less when properly setup.

Back
Top Bottom