**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
The in game steering wheel rotation did not match the actual rotation of the wheel at all.
Usually it would calibrated but you ever feel that anything is off if you inform oru staff they will be able to re-calibrate it for you.

i'd also like to confirm that as per the competition page, it says you get 30 mins
Currently the landing page states 'Everyone gets 20 minutes run, with a 10 minute break for resetting and swapping over' I will change this today to make it clear that it is 10 laps or 20 mins whichever comes first. It is just the 10 laps, generally most people find there later laps are the better ones because they have warmed up at this point.

even though the visual quality was obviously on fairly low.
It is set to 1080p. We use the same PCs and settings throughout the competition. But will look into the other settings you have mentioned.

finally - you need to bind a button on the steering wheel to the 'recentre HMD' under control assignments - because unless the person sat in the seat is facing directly forward head on and with the head up in a normal position when the game starts, it won't be centered correctly. The only way to ensure this is to bind a button to the wheel so that once inside the game he/she/overclockers administrator can press it to ensure its centred.
We bind the button to the keyboard so that we can recenter it before the driving starts but after the competitor is sat comfortably. So if you feel like its not properly centered please let someone know. When on tour I recenter it for every person.

i'd have thought you'd 'be running a beefy system!

Although we have plenty of beefy systems we wanted to use something that was in the middle price range of vr machines so that people who were wanting to get into vr could see an example of what they may want when starting out :)

Associate
Although we have plenty of beefy systems we wanted to use something that was in the middle price range of vr machines so that people who were wanting to get into vr could see an example of what they may want when starting out :)

Cool thank you, no worries on the other stuff. I should have just said something to the staff.
That's fine, I just think its a bad introduction to VR if there's bad motion blurring due to not running at the magic 90fps or ghosting happening. Infact that could be in the graphic settings, I think motion blur is on by default so maybe turning that off would fix it. A 970gtx is the minimum spec for the VIVE according to HTC and I get the full 90fps with it but I have a good processor .

The problem is if people are given a bad intro to VR their perception of it is ruined forever! Even though it's amazing when it's running properly.

Associate
Will people be allowed to have multiple goes at the tour events ??

Sorry I forgot to answer this question earlier! We advised one booking per person per day even for events. However if there is none else booked after and there are no walk ins waiting I do let competitors have another go, but this is just based and what's happening at the time so can never guarantee more than one go providing you've booked a lot, hope this helps :)

Associate
I understand the reason is to prevent block booking, but it's a shame you don't employ that policy at OCUK hq Amy. There was nobody booked in after me and I'd driven an hour from Telford to get there, another go would have been really cool :) If you don't have VR at home it takes a while to get used to the change in perspective.

Associate
it's a shame you don't employ that policy at OCUK hq
Unfortunately we cannot do this at Overclockers UK HQ as our focus is retail. Staff need to be available to serve customers and we are unable to predict hourly footfall for the shop. At the tour events our focus is the competition so our staff our focused mainly on this.

Associate
Unfortunately we cannot do this at Overclockers UK HQ as our focus is retail. Staff need to be available to serve customers and we are unable to predict hourly footfall for the shop. At the tour events our focus is the competition so our staff our focused mainly on this.

As well as the branded fleeces, are you gonna have any OCUK RS branded brollies and/or baseball caps made up for the track day?

You never know, it might be lashing it down on the day.

Car stickers would be another good idea.

I would've loved going to 'Merc world' for the day but it's just too far away for me.

I'll be hoping you get down to the south west area in the next Qualifier.

Associate
You never know, it might be lashing it down on the day.
I'll be looking into what branded freebies we want to have at this track day but can't guarantee what they would be at this point. However if it is raining as you saw on the previous track day and each track location they have a viewing suite so the only time you have to be outside is when getting into the car :)

Associate
Amy, could you let me know what the last date is for qualifying for the 1st of April please?

I am going to keep a close eye on the times set at MB world, I might try and match your time Rich at OC Headquarters :p

As for the car stickers or any other print media needed, I have 4x wide format digital printers which may come in handy if needed :D ( The one below is printing some labels right now lol )

Lightbar_VSi640_Right_Media_LFR.jpg

Associate
Amy, could you let me know what the last date is for qualifying for the 1st of April please?

I am going to keep a close eye on the times set at MB world, I might try and match your time Rich at OC Headquarters :p

Sat/sun 25/26th of March are the last days I think.
Go for it m8, you can say for sure if there's a calibration issue then haha. :D

I'm assuming people who make one track day can't enter for another right....?
You get as many attempts as you want, if you set a top 6 time you're in.

If you make the top 3 at the track day, then you go straight through to the final in July.

Associate
You get as many attempts as you want, if you set a top 6 time you're in.

If you make the top 3 at the track day, then you go straight through to the final in July.

i'm asking a different question. I'll clarify. Say someone sets a top 6 time and gets to do the 2nd track day.
If that same person sets a top 6 time in round 3, will he also get to do the 3rd track day too?
i'm assuming its got to be 6 differnt people each time?

Associate
i'm asking a different question. I'll clarify. Say someone sets a top 6 time and gets to do the 2nd track day.
If that same person sets a top 6 time in round 3, will he also get to do the 3rd track day too?
i'm assuming its got to be 6 differnt people each time?

I can confirm unless you do not reach the grand final, you can re enter each time. The top 3x fastest times on the F3000 cars secures you a place in the grand final in July.

I qualified in the top 6 on the first VR round but finished 4th on the F3000. ( Even though I got driver of the day ) lol :eek:

After seeing I missed out on a spot in the grand final by a few tenths, I was told on the day I would be able to give it another go for round 2.

Thanks for the info Rich, I will be very sceptical when I take the first corner if I get chance to pop down before end of March lol

Anyway its time to fire up PCars and have a practise. I was day dreaming at work trying to think about where I am losing time on Donnington lol :D

Associate
No, it seems you can enter every time. How fair that is is debatable...

But rules are rules and it's the same for everyone!

Yes get in there and get to Bedford. If Rich and molloy get through to every Palmersports day and qualify for the final in round 3 they will have the advantage of recent track time come the final in July. To be honest, the Palmersports day is an epic prize itself, I don't care if I come last in July, I'm already a winner as far as I'm concerned, thanks to OCUK. :)

Associate
Is there any update on which day the final round will be on?
Unfortunately not at this time as we will need to plan for the next round to be able to decide when the round 3 track day will take place, once that's decided on I can also book the final and will update on here as well as contact people who have been guaranteed a spot at that point!
I have move the last qualifying date forward to Thursday 23rd March as this we I can announce the winners on the Friday and contact them so at least gives them a weeks notice, plus if anyone drops out we then have time to contact alternatives :)
I'm assuming people who make one track day can't enter for another right....?
Wheat I have advised is if you win one of the track days and are in the top 3 for the F3000 race at the track day (therefore also going to the grand final) you cannot enter again but can try vr for fun. However, those that come in 4th, 5th or 6th place are more than welcome to enter again and if in the top 6 for vr for each round will be invited to another track day :)
To be honest, the Palmersports day is an epic prize itself, I don't care if I come last in July, I'm already a winner as far as I'm concerned, thanks to OCUK. :)
Glad you enjoyed it :D

Associate
Thanks for letting me know Amy.

I might pop down on Thursday / Friday this week if I get chance.

Any new fastest times this week?

I managed a 1.29.0 last night, I am going for the 28's tonight :D

Back
Top Bottom