**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
Righty-ho, is it too soon to ask what the next round's car / track combo will be? I've been too busy to make it up to have a go on the sim the last two rounds, but really want to make the last stint.

Associate
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the great weekend, and pretty chuffed with being able to drive myself, though I was by no means fast....

I'd like to announce the next track will be the Snetterton 200, with the same car and settings as before (the Megane V6)

Associate
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the great weekend, and pretty chuffed with being able to drive myself, though I was by no means fast....

I'd like to announce the next track will be the Snetterton 200, with the same car and settings as before (the Megane V6)

You did well in the F3000 iirc and certainly no slouch in the rest of the cars. :)

Oh god, Snetterton's a b*tch for me.

So it's ABS on, SC on, TC off, overcast at 1900hrs?

Associate
You did well in the F3000 iirc and certainly no slouch in the rest of the cars. :)

Oh god, Snetterton's a b*tch for me.

So it's ABS on, SC on, TC off, overcast at 1900hrs?

Thats right! We felt it was a good mix between some high speed with some trickier twisty bits to keep people on their toes! Get practising guys ;)

Associate
Hal whatever you decide for the final, please don't pick a Radical...got to have a go in one today and it was insane, spun off atCopse which is not a slow corner...I scared myself a little bit. A good few sessions in the slower but more fun to drive Ginetta G40 which was great.

Associate
Why is the time set for 1900hrs / overcast, instead of a lighter time of day? Is there a reason? It's a bit dark.

Associate
this might be a dumb question but how do i PM someone? i click on a profile name but can't see a message button anywhere?

EDIT: doesn't matter, some people its available, some it isn't. ignore.
i'd just like to get in touch with Sircles actually, to discuss vive performance issues on the rigs.
could you PM me an email or something Sircles?

didn't realise you were actually there on the day otherwise i'd have chatted to you!

Last edited:
Associate
sorry all, bit of a busy week so haven't kept an eye on this thread.

Hal whatever you decide for the final, please don't pick a Radical...got to have a go in one today and it was insane, spun off atCopse which is not a slow corner...I scared myself a little bit. A good few sessions in the slower but more fun to drive Ginetta G40 which was great.
The car will always remain the same :)

this might be a dumb question but how do i PM someone? i click on a profile name but can't see a message button anywhere?

EDIT: doesn't matter, some people its available, some it isn't. ignore.
i'd just like to get in touch with Sircles actually, to discuss vive performance issues on the rigs.
could you PM me an email or something Sircles?

didn't realise you were actually there on the day otherwise i'd have chatted to you!

I was the short round asian wearing a grey jumper :) for future reference, just click on the "trust" button in the bottom right of someones post. I cannot drop you a message as you do not have trust set up :(

Definitely going to come have a go at Snetterton VR, even though I can't go through to the third trackday.

I <3 snetterton!

More than welcome to come in and have a play!

Associate
Sorry Hal I meant no Radical for the grand final and irl as you hinted the final wouldn't be at Bedford. I was at Silverstone Wednesday doing a ginetta taster session, the radical boys were there and they said come along and have a go...would have been rude not to. Spinning at Copse is far more scary irl than it is even in VR in Project Cars...trouser check required :)

Associate
Well I just had a go on the new combo. Managed a 1:08.000. It'll probably end up needing close to a sub 1:07 to get through by the end of it. Margins will be small on this one!

Associate
Well I just had a go on the new combo. Managed a 1:08.000. It'll probably end up needing close to a sub 1:07 to get through by the end of it. Margins will be small on this one!

That's a good time surely? You ought to log a couple via time trial - the current leaderboard WR is a 9 flat.

Associate
That's a good time surely? You ought to log a couple via time trial - the current leaderboard WR is a 9 flat.

Nah it wasn't particularly good, I couldn't hook a whole good lap up. I hate time trialling with a passion. I don't think anyone's given that combo much TT attention if the WR is a 9 flat haha!

Associate
Nah it wasn't particularly good, I couldn't hook a whole good lap up. I hate time trialling with a passion. I don't think anyone's given that combo much TT attention if the WR is a 9 flat haha!

So no chance you could just log one or two so we can see your ghost? I'm struggling to get anywhere near an 8 flat. And it would mean you'd have the kudos of having a WR :)

Associate
So no chance you could just log one or two so we can see your ghost? I'm struggling to get anywhere near an 8 flat. And it would mean you'd have the kudos of having a WR :)

I think jims on a ps4.

I'd have to say a 1.09s a solid time and a 1.08 would probably just get you in to the top 6.
Are you Edward on the pc leaderboards btw?

Associate
lol yeah I am indeed on PS4.

If the last round is anything to go on, you'll need sub 1:08 to get in. It took me a long time to get to 1:28's on the last round at home!

Back
Top Bottom