**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Caporegime
Agreed, during our interview at round 1 I already said I felt like I'd won. To get to have a 2nd day at Palmersport is just awesome, I don't care if I come last!

Overclockers certainly know how to a) Run an epic competition, and b) treat their customers like VIPs, I still can't thank them enough.

OcUK Staff
what were the times on the day? for f3000

Yo, apologies for the delay. I have them, just been insanely busy at the moment. The LP will be updated this week with all of the times.

EDIT: Check OP, times are there w/rounds for reference.

There will be prizes.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow the round 2 guys were quick...

Will it be winner takes all, or like previous rounds you can only win one prize and the guy in second gets the other one etc.

Not that I hold out much hope, just trying to establish if I will be able to luck into something :)

OcUK Staff
You're a bloody tease you are... ;) I'm looking forward to a brilliant day whatever happens...hope it stays dry though.
So has the Atom gone onto the Caterham circuit, and the Clio onto the Atom circuit...

Yeah, the old Atom circuit (near where we have breakfast and lunch) is the Clio circuit, and the old Caterham circuit (not with the 4X4 bit) is the Atom circuit now.

And as for teasing, maybe... and only maybe... I'll take a photo the day before we are due to head down and post it on here that evening or the very morning of the finals. Who knows. One of the prizes however will not be making it to the track day. And no, it's not 8Pack nor his OrionX.

Associate
Yeah, the old Atom circuit (near where we have breakfast and lunch) is the Clio circuit, and the old Caterham circuit (not with the 4X4 bit) is the Atom circuit now.

And as for teasing, maybe... and only maybe... I'll take a photo the day before we are due to head down and post it on here that evening or the very morning of the finals. Who knows. One of the prizes however will not be making it to the track day. And no, it's not 8Pack nor his OrionX.

I'd rather not know to be honest but then I like surprises...if I win any prize it will just be a bonus...it's not like you need to attract any more interest we'll all be giving it our best.

Anybody else who is in the last 9 feel the same way?

Shame about 8pack and the OrionX I really could do with an upgrade :)

OcUK Staff
Haha I bet you all wish the grand prize was the OrionX - but exactly that. The other, and perhaps primary reason we're tight-lipped, is because if you all knew exactly what was up for grabs - it could become more dangerous and you guys would maybe push a little too hard, and we don't want that.

I'm not saying you'd all be aggressive and stupid putting yourself or others at risk - but it's more about the fun rather than the fireballs... or is it...?

No, I guess safety is better.

Associate
Wow the round 2 guys were quick...

:)

i wouldn't read too much into it - weather makes a surprisingly big difference.
temperature was really optimal during round 2. Not sure what it was in round 3 but if it was anything like the ambient temp's we've had recently the tyres overheat.

i want torrential rain to be honest, it'd be hilarious. i'm in this for the lolz.

btw does anyone here play assetto corsa online? (PC)

Associate
To be fair, in round 1 we had ice in the morning... and our first event was the Caterham Pursuit! Drifting in the ice/frost, fun!

The 4x4 course's ponds/lakes were frozen over too!

Nice and toasty inside the hospitality units...perfect balance...what an excellent day of petrolhedonism...

Associate
i wouldn't read too much into it - weather makes a surprisingly big difference.
temperature was really optimal during round 2. Not sure what it was in round 3 but if it was anything like the ambient temp's we've had recently the tyres overheat.

i want torrential rain to be honest, it'd be hilarious. i'm in this for the lolz.

btw does anyone here play assetto corsa online? (PC)

I'd be up for that until the point you get soggy rollocks in the karts/open cockpit cars...

I have AC but only really do time trials, same with Project Cars and I've just re-installed RF2 on top of a 12 month iRacing subscription. Lack of gaming time is going to be an issue if I'm honest...I must be mad.

Associate
I'd be up for that until the point you get soggy rollocks in the karts/open cockpit cars...

I have AC but only really do time trials, same with Project Cars and I've just re-installed RF2 on top of a 12 month iRacing subscription. Lack of gaming time is going to be an issue if I'm honest...I must be mad.

cool, i've re-installed RF2 as well few weeks back lol, to give the mclaren thing a go.
oh right - not sure what peripheral setup you've got but check out simracingsystem.com - its essentially iracing but for AC - and its brilliant. quality multiplayer racing every night (and free)

Associate
I've uninstalled RF2, it's just not as nice in the Rift as AC and Project CARS and such a faff to get working properly, I get so little gaming time I just need it to work. Will try again once the native support is up and running.

Back on topic...I've got butterflies already. Last time I didn't really know what to expect and got excited, this time I know what's coming and I'm even more excited lol. I don't care if I'm last, I'm going to have an awesome day, can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom