Another Example of Idiocy

Soldato
I had to read that twice.

Me too.

Any reasonable person would surely deem the manner in which said lady was jettisoned from the premises as perfectly acceptable. Those who disagree should consider how inconvenienced they would feel should their luncheon be interrupted.

:D

Permabanned
Oh, I don’t know, maybe that I wouldn’t hesitate to grab an assailant by the neck if he was attacking one of my family, but if you want to put a different interpretation on it, knock yourself out, (no pun intended.)
But what has that got to do with an now old joke about those in power being a race of lizard men? Ala the original joke that you seem to think says more about me? Says more about you tbh, that you've still missed it.
Which member of your family is repitilian?
Can't you interbreed with other lizards so you spawn a chameleon child that just blends in with the surroundings or something. Saves you having to grab any assailants by the neck, if anywhere. If you're lucky they may not inherit the same gene that leads to missing the joke that you've got.
Take a step back and rethink your angle of attack here, because it's on a totally misinterpreted tangent.

Man of Honour
Equality is giving women or ethnic minorities, varied physical abilities etc positions of employment, voices in society etc out with merit alone to better reflect all aspects of society, equal. It's not just as simple as treat everyone the same. Positive discrimination exists in the name and active pursuit of equality and to think as you seem to do is naive.
Man handling a woman as you would a man is far from equal, it's asserting power unequally.

You're rationalising the irrational prejudice and discrimination you favour. There's nothing new in that - people who like irrational prejudice and discrimination have always done that. It's an essential part of irrational prejudice and discrimination, obviously. For example, you can't just say "sexism is a good thing" because that would apply both ways. You have to say "sexism is a good thing when the victims are the wrong sex and a bad thing when the victims are the right sex". When advocating irrational prejudice and discrimination, it's always necessary to "explain" why it's only a good thing when directed against your desired target group(s). You must "explain" why they deserve it.

What's different with contempory fashionable irrational prejudice and discrimination is that it's described as equality. That's a masterstroke politically, something straight out of Orwell's dystopias. It "justifies" whatever irrational prejudice and discrimination you like. It creates a false impression of wider support by subverting support for actual equality. It destroys the very concept of equality and removes the words used to describe and communicate it and thus greatly restricts even thinking about it. Doubleplusgood blackwhite Newspeak, Citizen! Minutru is proud of you!

All irrational prejudice and discrimination is positive to people who support it. Anti-black racists view anti-black racism as positive. Anti-white racists view anti-white racism as positive. Etc, etc.

The relationship between your views and equality is that of a virus to a host it has infected - taking over a cell and turning it into a factory to produce more of the virus while using the shell of it to hide from the immune system.

I think the core concept of actual equality was most eloquently expressed by Martin Luther King when he spoke of people being judged not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character. Exactly the opposite of what you advocate.

Advocating equality might be naive. But advocating racism, sexism, etc, is unethical and calling it equality is dishonest. I'd rather be naive than unethical and dishonest.

Man of Honour
But what has that got to do with an now old joke about those in power being a race of lizard men? Ala the original joke that you seem to think says more about me? Says more about you tbh, that you've still missed it.
Which member of your family is repitilian?
Can't you interbreed with other lizards so you spawn a chameleon child that just blends in with the surroundings or something. Saves you having to grab any assailants by the neck, if anywhere. If you're lucky they may not inherit the same gene that leads to missing the joke that you've got.
Take a step back and rethink your angle of attack here, because it's on a totally misinterpreted tangent.

I don’t know what it has to do some old joke about those in power being a race of lizard men, I’m not into off the wall science fiction, so I’m not familiar with the alleged joke of which you speak.
When this “joke” appeared, I was probably doing something that interested me, e.g. drinking good coffee, reading The Telegraph, mixing a batch of margaritas, or mulling over where to go on my next holiday, South Padre Island TX or Punta Gorda FL, I certainly wouldn’t have been assed with lizard men, but of course, according to you, that says more about me.
Gimme a break, with your gobbledygook about lizards and chameleons, go play with kids that are interested.

I had to read that twice.

Okay, I’ll type it again, Aside from thinking, “Her ejection didn’t look really bad to me.”
Does that make it any clearer?

Permabanned
I don’t know what it has to do some old joke about those in power being a race of lizard men, I’m not into off the wall science fiction, so I’m not familiar with the alleged joke of which you speak.

I was probably doing something that interested me, e.g. drinking good coffee, reading The Telegraph, mixing a batch of margaritas, or mulling over where to go on my next holiday, South Padre Island TX or Punta Gorda FL

It's nothing to do with science fiction. Haha :D:rolleyes:

Here..

Aren't we all impressed that you read the Telegraph, You just shot up in my estimation at meteoric speed. As if that wasn't enough you then blew my mind with the revelation that you drink 'good' coffee....wow, who'd have thought people actually exist that drink coffee, not just coffee but, coffee that is 'good' and then holy bloody cow you can go on holiday!!!! Is there no end to your talents?
Wait, it seems your talents are not at an end, you made a batch of margaritas when you were young, well shut the front door! Who'd have thought it?

icke.jpg

David is impressed with your mentioning of South Padre Island TX and Punta Gorda FL, he thinks these are natural habitats for lizard men that like coffee (good coffee) and margaritas, in batches.

Man of Honour
It's nothing to do with science fiction. Haha :D:rolleyes:

Here..

Aren't we all impressed that you read the Telegraph, You just shot up in my estimation at meteoric speed. As if that wasn't enough you then blew my mind with the revelation that you drink 'good' coffee....wow, who'd have thought people actually exist that drink coffee, not just coffee but, coffee that is 'good' and then holy bloody cow you can go on holiday!!!! Is there no end to your talents?
Wait, it seems your talents are not at an end, you made a batch of margaritas when you were young, well shut the front door! Who'd have thought it?

icke.jpg

David is impressed with your mentioning of South Padre Island TX and Punta Gorda FL, he thinks these are natural habitats for lizard men that like coffee (good coffee) and margaritas, in batches.

You’re becoming a tad tiresome now, with your lizard men and chameleons, I have zero interest in discussing it, I mentioned that I was probably doing stuff that interested me whenever the “lizard men conspiracy” theory hit the internet, and I just plucked stuff from thin air, that I might well have been doing, because those things were of more interest to me than that guff.
I’ve since Googled ‘lizard men conspiracy’ and saw that it was more ramblings of that whacko David Icke, surely people don’t give him any credence, do they?
I’d definitely be more interested in drinking coffee, or mixing margaritas, than wasting my time thinking about that nutter and his musings.
I can see where I went wrong, and poked the bear by mentioning reading The Telegraph, and contemplating visiting Texas again or Florida, it was probably interpreted as my saying, “Look at me, I’m lower middle class, urbane, and like travelling to warm holiday destinations”, whereas I’m actually a retired Black Cab driver, who’s just as likely to read The Metro, or London Evening Standard, but I do like sitting in the sun around a pool, reading a good book, rarely in Europe.
So okay, you’ve had your fun, everyone now knows that I was unaware of the lizard man conspiracy theory, and by that token, probably not worthy of joining in any lofty discussions.
Can I now get back to my coffee, while you think of something else original and incisive to impart?

Permabanned
You’re becoming a tad tiresome now, with your lizard men and chameleons, I have zero interest in discussing it, I mentioned that I was probably doing stuff that interested me whenever the “lizard men conspiracy” theory hit the internet, and I just plucked stuff from thin air, that I might well have been doing, because those things were of more interest to me than that guff.
I’ve since Googled ‘lizard men conspiracy’ and saw that it was more ramblings of that whacko David Icke, surely people don’t give him any credence, do they?
I’d definitely be more interested in drinking coffee, or mixing margaritas, than wasting my time thinking about that nutter and his musings.
I can see where I went wrong, and poked the bear by mentioning reading The Telegraph, and contemplating visiting Texas again or Florida, it was probably interpreted as my saying, “Look at me, I’m lower middle class, urbane, and like travelling to warm holiday destinations”, whereas I’m actually a retired Black Cab driver, who’s just as likely to read The Metro, or London Evening Standard, but I do like sitting in the sun around a pool, reading a good book, rarely in Europe.
So okay, you’ve had your fun, everyone now knows that I was unaware of the lizard man conspiracy theory, and by that token, probably not worthy of joining in any lofty discussions.
Can I now get back to my coffee, while you think of something else original and incisive to impart?
Tldr

I assume something, something, think I'm great as I read the telegraph, blah blah.

Associate
You don't restrain people by grabbing their neck.

Maybe you wouldn't, but to a pro me it looks like Field executed a textbook kavinski grip.
He was the last line of defence, if that peace-nik had gotten past him who knows what would've happened. Mark couldn't take that chance so had to act on instinct.

Caporegime
Maybe you wouldn't, but to a pro me it looks like Field executed a textbook kavinski grip.
He was the last line of defence, if that peace-nik had gotten past him who knows what would've happened. Mark couldn't take that chance so had to act on instinct.

Careful lads, Aiden from Dartford is a pro.

Back
Top Bottom