Antec Core HS / Ayaneo Slide Handheld PC Console (Questions & Support thread)

Soldato
Reserved will be adding information here for this device and help and support how to use and do things on it that are not so obvious and the basic and advanced setup checks.

Will be updating this threw the days and adding all information required to get it up and going without issues and making sure all settings are set to use the full device fully.

Keep an eye on this thread and please ask anything here regarding this device, so not to mess up the legion go and asus ally threads.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION !

QUICK NOTE FOR PEOPLE BUYING A NEW ANTEC CORE HS, THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE THE BIOS OR ANY FIRMWARE OUT OF THE BOX AS IT IS RUNNING THE LATEST VERSIONS. INFORMATION BELOW TO WHERE TO GET THESE BIOS/FIRMWARE UPDATES IS ONLY THERE IF AND WHEN THEY UPDATE ANYTHING. SO STEP WITH CARE AS SOME USERS ARE CAUSING ISSUES DOING SUCH THINGS.

After doing the Windows updates, where do you get all the driver updates? Does AyaSpace cover all that?

Windows update will grab most of everything that needs updating then after all the windows updates will be many, go into AyaSpace and click look for updates (Hold down the AyaSpace button to get to the full AyaSpace menu not the side menu only with one click) and it will do the rest anything that maybe missing can be found at also here :-

Drivers and BIOS and firmware updates here from Antec :- https://www.antec.com/product/download-system.php

Or you can go to Ayaneo and get the drivers and AyaSpace updates there too.

Select the windows consoles then Ayaneo Slide (Antec Core HS is a Ayaneo Slide rebranded) option and will show all updates available :-

https://ayaneo.com/support/download

MAKE SURE to read the README files on how to install them inside the folders if needed, so far didn't need anything as all was most recent for BIOS, Firmware and Drivers.

For AyaSpace updates click AyaSpace option. Or you can update Ayaspace inside AyaSpace and it will also find other updates needed.

Latest AMD drivers for the Ryzen 7 7840U can be found here too :-

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/laptop/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-7-7840u.html

Or you can go into AMD drivers and click update inside the Adrenalin application and it will update to latest version.

Just make sure first thing you do after doing the windows setup stuff when switching on to go to windows update and do all the updates and check after each restart for more updates until fully updated and no more updates available, then update AyaSpace inside it and go from there really should be fine after that if windows update picked up the latest drivers and AyaSpace updated to version 2.5.

How to get into the BIOS?

1- Make sure the unit is shut down in windows / powered completely off.

2- Slide open the screen to access the keyboard, then hold function FN key and F2 at same time and click the power button to start the device up while holding FN key and clicking F2.

3- You will see a box with boot options and BIOS settings option, move down with arrow keys on keyboard and click enter for BIOS settings option.

4- You are now in the BIOS.

How to change the RAM speed to 7500Mhz from the standard 6400Mhz in the BIOS ?

1- Go to - Advanced > AMD CBS > umc common options > LPDDR timing configuration.

2. UMC COMMON OPTION > LPDDR OPTION > LPDDR TIMING CONFIGURATION, (Scroll down and Accept the warning), then ACTIVE Memory Timing (Needs to be set to ENABLED) then Maximum Memory Data Clock speed change to 7500MHz.

How to change VRAM size in BIOS ?

1. Go to - Advanced > AMD CBS > NBIO Common Options > GFX Configuration > UMA Frame Buffer Size

2. Change the VRAM size you need (default is 6GB), I set mine to 8GB so leaves 24GB for system RAM. (Can set to max VRAM of 16GB via the BIOS)

How to change VRAM size with AyaSpace ?

1- Open AyaSpace holding down the AyaSpace button to access the full AyaSpace not the side bar.

2- Go to Device in the left hand window options and inside that area you can set the VRAM size you need and will need to restart windows to take. (Can set to max VRAM of 14GB via the AyaSpace in 1GB steps)

Any changes in the BIOS need to be saved and the device restarted to take.

Still being worked on !!!!

Last edited:
Hi there!

Antec rep here to help out! I love my CORE HS, it's great fun.

Some more info:
SteamFork OS in early BETA stage for the CORE HS: This is a fork of the steam OS to work with the Antec model.
The software still has the odd bug, and the developer fewt is still working on ironing out the random bugs on a regular basis.
The discord channel for this is: https://discord.gg/WQV4z4uSA6
Direct link to the latest verison is here: https://www.steamfork.org/images/installer/

I have personally been testing it and it is great - the developer is working on a few bugs currently, one being sleep mode issues at times, and another is a random kernel issue which causes the occasional reboot. All being well fewt will resolve these very soon. Fun to be part of the development stage though as a bug tester personally.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Antec rep here to help out! I love my CORE HS, it's great fun.

Some more info:
SteamFork OS in early BETA stage for the CORE HS: This is a fork of the steam OS to work with the Antec model.
The software still has the odd bug, and the developer fewt is still working on ironing out the random bugs on a regular basis.
The discord channel for this is: https://discord.gg/WQV4z4uSA6
Direct link to the latest verison is here: https://www.steamfork.org/images/installer/

I have personally been testing it and it is great - the developer is working on a few bugs currently, one being sleep mode issues at times, and another is a random kernel issue which causes the occasional reboot. All being well fewt will resolve these very soon. Fun to be part of the development stage though as a bug tester personally.

Thank you , this is the sort of information we will all need as users of this device and any support available. Keep us posted please on anything that can help users of the device, seems many here and other forums have grabbed one or own the Slide original version.

Really happy with it and only got mine Saturday and playing with it and learning what needs to be done and how as a new device to me with a 7840U chip. The Launch promotion bundle is a great package and well worth it and hoping Antec in the future will do more of these with different devices.

You are right, our sales have gone crazy, we are continually air-flying stock into fulfil the demand in Europe and UK - for now we have to wait on manufacturing for more stock though as we have the last inbound stock landing for Europe this week and much of it is already pre-sold.

Antec really didn't expect such sales volume on this, it's a nice problem to have :)

Feel free to join the Antec discord also, we have a large number of CORE HS users joining and the community is growing there also: https://discord.gg/RhEHbN2Fxr

I'm "Antec - Lee" on discord btw :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting mine - being delivered this afternoon.
A whole evening of Windows updates awaits! :D

Remember not to try flashing the BIOS or any firmware on it as it is all up to date on the latest out of the box, some people are making the mistake of going to Ayaneos site and flashing the BIOS with their BIOS and causing themselves issues and having to show them how to get back the original ANTEC BIOS.

Just install the windows updates, update the AMD drivers inside the drivers provided by searching updates and same for AyaSpace inside the full AyaSpace hold AyaSpace button down to get to that and check for updates in there too. Nothing else needs doing and enjoy the device. If you have any issues, you know where to shout ;).

If you use discord join the ANTEC discord here that Antec Lee above provided and look for the Handheld section :- https://discord.gg/RhEHbN2Fxr .

Last edited:
Like a kid in a candy store :-)

We are all big kids on here :cry: , Lee when I have time threw the week I will DM here or the Antec Discord channel regarding some things that could be added to the Antec support page for the Core HS that will make your companies life easier to support the device.

This page :- https://www.antec.com/product/download-system.php

I will just add a few things now:-

1. Explaining how to recover to factory settings via a sequence of button pressing (one-click restore as Ayaneo call it) and not to try doing it in windows or reinstalling windows as doing it in windows will not work and reinstalling windows for the novice causes them problems and deletes the factory recovery partition.

After performing a one-click restore, all files in the computer will be cleared. Users are advised to back up their files and data before performing this operation;

Before performing this operation, please charge the battery to more than 50% to avoid restore failure due to battery problems during the restore;

During the restoration process, do not click any keys except the necessary key clicks in the article below to prevent the restoration from failing;

1. Turn off the machine, observe that the fan has stopped completely and the thumbsticks light does not light up;
  2. Press [Volume + button ] + [RC button ], then click [Power button] and press them simultaneously and keep them still;
3.When the fan and thumbsticks lights are on, release the [Power button] but do not release the [Volume + button] + [RC button];

4.After entering the restoration interface, release [Volume + button] + [RC button]

As this video also shows how to do that :-

2. Adding a recovery ISO download to the support page in case SSDS fail or people replace them and didn't clone the working drive first or try dual booting a Linux distro/SteamOS and messing up their SSD. So gives customers an option to recover the full factory settings and the factory recovery partition (which re-enables the one-click restore). This also makes your lives easier for support just this option.

You may have noticed on the Antec Discord I helped a user there restore their Core HS after him flashing a Ayaneo BIOS on his device and then reinstalled windows from USB and destroyed his factory recovery partition in the process and had to work him threw re-setting it up.

Just things that will help customers and would be great if Antec could add spare parts and batteries for replacement too for easy purchase on the support area too.

OHH one more I noticed the Antec support page does not have AyaSpace download option, so unless Antec customers know it is a Ayaneo Slide rebranded they will not know where to get AyaSpace from, so adding a download will help too with people sending support tickets for that ..

Will add more but these are ones that come to mind so far. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom