Antec Core HS / Ayaneo Slide Handheld PC Console (Questions & Support thread)

Still not had a chance to do any gaming on mine yet.
I've got it all connected in the dock to my new monitor and have everything updated and game clients installed. No games yet though - maybe this weekend!

Its a good machine though - others in this thread that are interested in it should pick one up if you can! Really good value for money :cool:

If I can't get one of these bundles I'll wait for the next-gen models next year.

Sngn7Xq.gif

^... this will be everyone next week when they get an in stock notification running for their phones and laptops to place an order. I noticed they didn't even turn on the pre-order option this time too for them as last time a good chunk was pre-ordered before they put the remaining stock online. So hopefully will be easier to get one this time.

WeuDpW4.gif

Last edited:
Managed to try a few games.
StarCraft was great docked on mouse and keyboard, but I'm strugglng with other games.
I've connected an xbox controler, that doesnt seem to do anything, and then neither do the built in controls on the device...seems the games are expecting screen touch as input?
Any noddy advice on setting up xbox controller for it or using the built in controls?

Managed to try a few games.
StarCraft was great docked on mouse and keyboard, but I'm strugglng with other games.
I've connected an xbox controler, that doesnt seem to do anything, and then neither do the built in controls on the device...seems the games are expecting screen touch as input?
Any noddy advice on setting up xbox controller for it or using the built in controls?

The reason your Xbox controller is not working is because it is connecting as controller 2 and will work for 2 player games fine but the menus and such will be searching for controller 1, there is an option in AyaSpace to turn off the built in controller which acts like xbox controller 1 so you can use your own controller paired up to the device as controller 1. Also you may need to go to some games options and enable the controller as this device has a keyboard so defaults to typical mouse and keyboard settings first on some games, it's the games being the issue not the device, so just setting up the controller in the game resolves it, some games are clever enough to use the controller first or have both enabled.

Also depends which service the game was on if on steam you may need to check what steam is doing with the controller as steam has its own controller stuff in the client too, so may need to check there too.

Did you update Ayaspace to version 2.5.0.12 ? The way to check the version is to hold down Ayaspace button get to the main Ayaspace page and click the top left hamburger button, which will show a left side menu with power off at bottom and just above that is the version number you have installed.

If you get double inputs with the external controller for any reason you can go to this option in Ayaspace and turn off this feature too as it is on by default:-

oXjQO86.jpeg

eGc96L7.jpeg

Either that or make sure "desktop layout" is disabled in steam settings to avoid double input.

Last edited:
The reason your Xbox controller is not working is because it is connecting as controller 2 and will work for 2 player games fine but the menus and such will be searching for controller 1, there is an option in AyaSpace to turn off the built in controller which acts like xbox controller 1 so you can use your own controller paired up to the device as controller 1. Also you may need to go to some games options and enable the controller as this device has a keyboard so defaults to typical mouse and keyboard settings first on some games, it's the games being the issue not the device, so just setting up the controller in the game resolves it, some games are clever enough to use the controller first or have both enabled.

Also depends which service the game was on if on steam you may need to check what steam is doing with the controller as steam has its own controller stuff in the client too, so may need to check there too.

Did you update Ayaspace to version 2.5.0.12 ? The way to check the version is to hold down Ayaspace button get to the main Ayaspace page and click the top left hamburger button, which will show a left side menu with power off at bottom and just above that is the version number you have installed.

If you get double inputs with the external controller for any reason you can go to this option in Ayaspace and turn off this feature too as it is on by default:-

oXjQO86.jpeg

eGc96L7.jpeg

Either that or make sure "desktop layout" is disabled in steam settings to avoid double input.
I do have the latest version.

Tried a few settings in a Ayaspace and steam, but didnt help. Maybe I'll try a different game. A bit annoying!
Is there no way to disable the build in joycon?

I do have the latest version.

Tried a few settings in a Ayaspace and steam, but didnt help. Maybe I'll try a different game. A bit annoying!
Is there no way to disable the build in joycon?

There is, you can turn off the built in one from the right side ayaspace options, one click ayaspace and at bottom of the controller shaped icon menu there is an option to turn the built in controller off or on.

If the option is not there on the right hand side ayaspace controller menu, then go down to quick assistant option under the controller and add the disable controller option to the controller section.

click ayaspace button→ quick assistant → add more → disable controller

Last edited:
Update for you all.

Email from the UK reseller, received just now. We did deliver to them yesterday.
So check their website tomorrow morning, should all be back live to buy.

Code:
Thanks Lee,

Goods have been received.

Will be getting booked in tomorrow morning. Products will be live before Lunch

Thanks,

Last edited:
Showing today on the UK seller's website...

So, what happened to the 80 units goddamit! :p

Guess I'll be waiting until the nex-gen handhelds come out then.
The 70 units are at the UK reseller, we have fulfilled that demand, and the stock will be booked in tomorrow with them and put back up for sale in the morning before noon.

They are instock now, but showing 17 in black and 20 in white.

I'm guessing a bunch were pre-ordered, that happened last two times before, so grab one now while you can before people realise they are back in stock with the free bundle as this is last chance now for the free bundle from what I understand, my work mates just grabbed some too when they came in stock.

I have not mentioned on the other forums yet and places they are back as last time I did that they vanished right away too, so going to give you guys a chance at one before letting other places know and have a few more work mates that may want one too and just not in the office yet.. :rolleyes: So time to message them before they vanish as they were the ones that wanted one for sure and were annoyed they were out of stock all the time.

Last edited:
Still trying to justify that I'll get enough use from it to warrant the expense, but figured with the bundle I won't lose too much if I come to sell it, so have ordered one and should be here tomorrow.

Was still showing 17 black left until I checked out so not selling through as quick as we may have feared!

Still trying to justify that I'll get enough use from it to warrant the expense, but figured with the bundle I won't lose too much if I come to sell it, so have ordered one and should be here tomorrow.

Was still showing 17 black left until I checked out so not selling through as quick as we may have feared!

15 left now black and 20 19 white.. Just wait till people get home and check or get email notifications stocks are back if they set that up. I give them 3-4 days max and all will be gone.

Last edited:
There you go all the bundle versions on the Antec store have gone and now listing the devices on their own now for £699 for the 32GB & 2TB SSD and the 16GB & 512GB SSD for £499, so once the UK retailer that has the 32GB & 2TB SSD bundles with £150 free accessories for £549.99 sells out of the bundles they will be £699 for the device only.

So be quick, I've still not hinted elsewhere they are available in stock again to give you guys a chance to get one if you want one. 19 white and 15 black left.. Over half of the 70 have gone already. Also one of the white ones has my name on it :cry:.

Last edited:
I got a feeling this deal has ruined Antecs chances of selling it at £699, the units won't sell so my prediction is the deal is back for xmas to sell through the remaining stock.

Also I gotta ask @Purgatory do you work for the other E-Retailer or do you get a cut of every sale lol :P

They should be giving me a cut as I spent a lot of time since I got the device supporting their customers (@Ace Modder wink wink :cry: goodie bag maybe ? :D ) and letting people know that wanted one they were back in stock a few times now, to the point last time I lost out on grabbing a white one after getting my black one, yesterday I grabbed a Legion Go too, as I'm planning on using that as my emulation device now and the two Antecs one will be a portable pc gaming device and other (the white one) I think so far I will use as my test Linux system for Steam OS like features and other Linux builds.

Just trying to get the Autumn/Winter hobbies ready over the cold period as we always get stuck at home then, so also trying to enjoy any of the nice weather for now till then, then the big dive into these devices.

Did you get one in the end too an Antec or the Legion Go ? I honestly still think the Antec Core HS/ AyaNeo Slide is one of the best true handhelds for its performance and features in the right handheld device size out of all the devices I have purchased, tested and returned or just had a play with that other people owned. The Legion Go is really a tablet to me with controllers bolted on and that's where it also has its appeal as it can be used for more than a gaming device due to the larger screen and more of a Microsoft Surface type device to me. It's nice and now own one and waiting for the 2TB SSD for it today and will get that in and have a real play with it, last time I tried one was threw a work mate that had one and he has now got one of the Antecs too after trying mine out when I took it into the office and a bunch of others in the office that use gaming handhelds agree it's a good device at a good price point with high end features and specs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom