Antec Core HS / Ayaneo Slide Handheld PC Console (Questions & Support thread)

Thanks for that, especially the vid - I'll have to test but the reason AFMF wasn't working might have been cos v-sync was enabled in those games.... but wasn't running at 30/60 so thought it was VRR! Will have a play later.
Just ordered a no-name C-C 3M cable wich claims to be ok for 100W PD :)

Probably won't F about for the portait thing and just wait for them to sort it out :P

Received mine this morning, just finished updating everything. I’ve taken an image of the nvme as backup, I take it I can fresh install windows on the device?

Received mine this morning, just finished updating everything. I’ve taken an image of the nvme as backup, I take it I can fresh install windows on the device?

Yes you can reinstall from fresh but I would advice not to as you will lose you factory restore partition if anything goes wrong, I see you cloned the device and hopefully it cloned the factory partition too. If you read the link here it explains about the factory restore partition and how to use it:-

Also the first post I created to start this thread states where to get drivers if you need them or to do a fresh install too or you lost your factory restore partition for any reason or using a new ssd that you didn't clone to first or SSD failure etc.

Hope you are enjoying it, do read what I have stated on this thread first as it answers most of the questions and any not answered shoot them my/our way to help you out with.

Yeah I did a full nvme image, so can write it back if needed ( I always tend to do this, I prefer to clean install windows) managed to get everything installed and all appears to be working great. Just a waiting game while games download!

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me.

Got the antec core hs a month ago and loved it. Everything worked great and was smooth.

However, I just recently upgrade the ayaneo software to AYA6108 6.0 inch on my antec core hs, but it seems like a downgrade so far?

Firstly, the color wheel for the rgb colors disappeared. It only gives 5 preset colors now, and the actual colors displayed by the led strips don't even match the colors on screen (purple looks more blueish), whereas I was able to select an actual purple color via the color wheel before the update, and there was the option to use the color hash code too before.

Secondly, it looks like they remapped the shoulder buttons when used not in game? Before the left and right triggers functioned as backwards and forward hot keys, but now they swapped those functions to the left and right bumpers? And the triggers act as mouse accelerate and deceleration? Why can't they just let us remap those buttons to whatver we like?

Thirdly, the scroll wheel is really jerkyand laggy now. Before using the right joystick to scroll was really smooth, but now there's a day before it starts scrolling when I use the joy stick, a d the scrolling motion is very jerk.

Not happy with these changes. Is it possible to downgrade the software because this update is hot garbage imo.

What’s everyone’s charge rate show when using the supplied cable/power plug? The OSD only says 13w charge rate in any of the usb ports/dock ports

Also, is there any gains from enabling re-size bar in the bios? It’s under advanced/pci subsystem settings

Last edited:
What’s everyone’s charge rate show when using the supplied cable/power plug? The OSD only says 13w charge rate in any of the usb ports/dock ports

Also, is there any gains from enabling re-size bar in the bios? It’s under advanced/pci subsystem settings

Explained here regarding the charge rate :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...estions-support-thread.18991990/post-37372399

Not enabled rebar yet, but see no issues enabling it as some games will make use of it and some won't same as on a desktop. Was something I was going to test and add to the main post how to enable too, just need time as a lot on at the moment to add all the things I want to add to the main thread.

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me.

Got the antec core hs a month ago and loved it. Everything worked great and was smooth.

However, I just recently upgrade the ayaneo software to AYA6108 6.0 inch on my antec core hs, but it seems like a downgrade so far?

Firstly, the color wheel for the rgb colors disappeared. It only gives 5 preset colors now, and the actual colors displayed by the led strips don't even match the colors on screen (purple looks more blueish), whereas I was able to select an actual purple color via the color wheel before the update, and there was the option to use the color hash code too before.

Secondly, it looks like they remapped the shoulder buttons when used not in game? Before the left and right triggers functioned as backwards and forward hot keys, but now they swapped those functions to the left and right bumpers? And the triggers act as mouse accelerate and deceleration? Why can't they just let us remap those buttons to whatver we like?

Thirdly, the scroll wheel is really jerkyand laggy now. Before using the right joystick to scroll was really smooth, but now there's a day before it starts scrolling when I use the joy stick, a d the scrolling motion is very jerk.

Not happy with these changes. Is it possible to downgrade the software because this update is hot garbage imo.

Not sure where you are getting that AyaSpace version, but guessing you are not doing it the right way.

The right way is here and the latest version stable is 2.5.0.12:-

Did you update Ayaspace to version 2.5.0.12 ? The way to check the version is to hold down Ayaspace button get to the main Ayaspace page and click the top left hamburger button, which will show a left side menu with power off at bottom and just above that is the version number you have installed.

Also in AyaSpace you can pick to update to stable version or the Beta version.

Also the Antec Core HS and The AyaNeo slide has never had the option you mention regarding the RGB wheel option just a choice of the colours it lists, so not sure if you were watching videos of other Ayaneo devices that allow that or installed some other tool that allows that, but AyaSpace on the Antec Core HS and AyaNeo Slide never had that option that I have seen on the devices or videos related to the devices. The Beta and older versions may have this option so maybe worth trying the current Beta Version (AYASpace 2.0 Beta Version v2.2.0.58 from here https://www.ayaneo.com/support/download then Click AyaSpace and you will see 2 versions a Beta and Stable, use the same install guide I give below for the Beta Version too) as that has more things but also not classed as stable so I don't recommend it, but up to you to test. Maybe why I have never seen a colour wheel option on my device with the two stable versions I had on my device, the one out of the box then the update to version 2.5.0.12. Also YouTube review videos may have also been using the latest stable version that doesn't show these options you mention.

Regarding your control issues I am not sure what you have done too as not seeing any of these issues you mention, I see you have also added this to the Antec Discord chat but will reply here and there I will point you to this comment too.

You can download AyaSpace from AyaNeo on their download page and click AyaSpace to re-download the stable or Beta version.

A word of advice is make sure after uninstalling it to delete these folders it leaves behind I mention below as these store the user/program presets you set before and may still give you the same issue after reinstalling.

1. Download AyaSpace from there https://www.ayaneo.com/support/download and click AyaSpace and use 2.5 version 2.5.0.12 download to your Windows desktop to make it easy to install again by clicking the screen as the mouse will be disabled when you uninstall AyaSpace.

2. Uninstall AyaSpace on your device, remember you will lose mouse function after that.

3. Now make sure to delete the AyaSpace folder(s) left behind after uninstall in :-

C:\windows\ program files (86)

and

C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME ON THE DEVICE\AppData\Roaming

4. Reinstall AyaSpace from your desktop.

5. Restart your device.

6. All done and should work correctly in the default state it comes in and any remapping/settings changes you want to make can be done as needed.

Last edited:
Not sure where you are getting that AyaSpace version, but guessing you are not doing it the right way.

The right way is here and the latest version stable is 2.5.0.12:-

Did you update Ayaspace to version 2.5.0.12 ? The way to check the version is to hold down Ayaspace button get to the main Ayaspace page and click the top left hamburger button, which will show a left side menu with power off at bottom and just above that is the version number you have installed.

Also in AyaSpace you can pick to update to stable version or the Beta version.

Also the Antec Core HS and The AyaNeo slide has never had the option you mention regarding the RGB wheel option just a choice of the colours it lists, so not sure if you were watching videos of other Ayaneo devices that allow that or installed some other tool that allows that, but AyaSpace on the Antec Core HS and AyaNeo Slide never had that option that I have seen on the devices or videos related to the devices. The Beta and older versions may have this option so maybe worth trying the current Beta Version (AYASpace 2.0 Beta Version v2.2.0.58 ) too as that has more things but also not classed as stable so I don't recommend it, but up to you to test. Maybe why I have never seen a colour wheel option on my device with the two versions I had on my device, the one out of the box then the update to version 2.5.0.12. Also YouTube review videos may have also been using the latest stable version that doesn't show these options you mention.

Regarding your control issues I am not sure what you have done too as not seeing any of these issues you mention, I see you have also added this to the Antec Discord chat but will reply here and there I will point you to this comment too.

You can download AyaSpace from AyaNeo on their download page and click AyaSpace to re-download the stable or Beta version.

A word of advice is make sure after uninstalling it to delete these folders it leaves behind I mention below as these store the user/program presets you set before and may still give you the same issue after reinstalling.

1. Download AyaSpace from there https://www.ayaneo.com/support/download and click AyaSpace and use 2.5 version 2.5.0.12 download to your Windows desktop to make it easy to install again by clicking the screen as the mouse will be disabled when you uninstall AyaSpace.

2. Uninstall AyaSpace on your device, remember you will lose mouse function after that.

3. Now make sure to delete the AyaSpace folder(s) left behind after uninstall in :-

C:\windows\ program files (86)

and

C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME ON THE DEVICE\AppData\Roaming

4. Reinstall AyaSpace from your desktop.

5. Restart your device.

6. All done and should work correctly in the default state it comes in and any remapping/settings changes you want to make can be done as needed.
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply!

I ended up factory resetting to get back to the original install after messing some things up, and turns out I had V2.0.1.5. I was looking in the wrong place for the version under settings > software version.

I thought I had updated Aya space when I first got it, but maybe I didn't? Not sure why my unit came from the factory with such an old version. Looking at the Ayaneo dowload site, I see v2.2.058 and v2.5.0.12 only available.

I got my antec core hs like two weeks ago, and got the update notification two days ago where I ran into the issues I mentioned after updating.

But comparing the features, it seems like the loss of the color options is a huge downgrsde in terms of customization. Not sure why they did that? Altho the keyboard rgb only allows the 5 preset options, unlike the customizable colors of the joysticks.

So V2.0.1.5 has the same exact features I remembered. Please see the screenshots below. You can see the custom option and the color bar (not wheel as I originally thought it had.)
And I picked a very custom purple

After factory resetting, my joystick scrolling is smooth again, and the trigger buttons are back to being backward and forward again.

Not sure why I'm seemingly the only one with this problem. I did take a vid that shows the problem with the lag and delay in scrolling after the update, but it was on a forum for game mods, and I unfortunately scrolled past mods that might be questionable so I prob can't share it here. I had originally taken it to show my friend the scrolling issue so I didn't think anything of it lol.

Thanks again for the response tho.

Last edited:
Explained here regarding the charge rate :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...estions-support-thread.18991990/post-37372399

Not enabled rebar yet, but see no issues enabling it as some games will make use of it and some won't same as on a desktop. Was something I was going to test and add to the main post how to enable too, just need time as a lot on at the moment to add all the things I want to add to the main thread.
I swear I read through the whole thread! Missed that charging post completely!

I’m not sure if resize bar will add any improvement from what I’ve been reading. As our devices are igpu graphics, resize bar only affects pcie communications. It may help if connecting an egpu. Can’t find anything definitive though

Also, not sure if to add it to tips or not, but I’ve found spamming escape gets me into the bios when booting up. I disabled quiet boot in the bios and the message says press esc or delete (fn-delete) on the screen when booting

Still not having any luck with getting RSR/AMFM working... not sure if it's just that the games I'm playing are too old to support them.

Mafia Definitive Edition I'm getting around 30fps at 1080p low (still looks pretty good though), tried 720 but it's very noticeable!)
GTA:IV runs pretty well at 1080p with most things on high (45 most places but up to 70-80 in enclosed environments), gonna try GTAV next I think.

Does anyone else’s console make a ticking noise with the fan at lower rpm? It’s not a constant tick, more like a reving tick?

Did you fiddle with the fan curve in AyaSpace and maybe set it too low for the fan to spin right ? Not noticed any ticking noises here on both my devices. But again I have not fiddled with the fan curve, I just have left it to the auto. Stick a video up showing the problem on YouTube and what fan setting curve you have it on.

The fan is actually easy to clean on this device too, the back cover unclips and you get right to the fan for cleaning if anything maybe in there or dirt build up over time and no need to unscrew the rest apart.

Just don't rip off the triggers tops as he did in this video as not needed and better to follow the second video from AyaNeo :-

Also another one here from AyaNeo and a better one to watch I think :-

Select the :- AYANEO SLIDE Disassembly & Assembly Tutorial

This is done at your own risk of course and make sure to have the right tools first, but easy enough to do if you are a little handy with opening up devices. There is another video AyaNeo did too on YouTube but it's all in Chinese and was really more about the Slide introduction and they showed a very rushed tear-down there that was not so great to watch.

Also removing the back cover only the clipped on one doesn't effect the warranty Antec said, but removing the screws and getting to the other parts does void the warranty. So be aware if you cause damage while doing that.

Last edited:
Also just some information added here regarding the joysticks used are the Nintendo Switch type and replacement sticks here for the Hall Effect Sensor type that come with the device :- https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/945307.html

AEYetJ7.jpeg

Or if you would like to try the none Hall Effect sticks (carbon film type) these are compatible :- https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/526505.html

ImHapiU.jpeg

If you want different joystick tops or lose the ones on your device the Nintendo Switch ones are the same and also these here will work and come in many colours too :- https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/1014520.html

esCXYtt.jpeg

PuzQjMT.jpeg

Just adding this here for now and will move to the main post when I get around to it, to remind me to add it :cool:, but here for any that want to bling up their device sticks or need parts for the sticks if they lose them.

Last edited:
Appears to be 6 left in stock in each colour, if anyone is still looking at one.
I have to say I was worried it would sell out quicker and kinda just fomo'd it, but so far I'm really enjoying it and it it will hopefully help me get through some of the backlog of games I've built up, as it's so 'pick up and play', even compared to sofa gaming with a pad

Edit: Update - finished Mafia Definitive Edition (first SP game I've actually finished in years!! :D )

Last edited:
Did you fiddle with the fan curve in AyaSpace and maybe set it too low for the fan to spin right ? Not noticed any ticking noises here on both my devices. But again I have not fiddled with the fan curve, I just have left it to the auto. Stick a video up showing the problem on YouTube and what fan setting curve you have it on.

The fan is actually easy to clean on this device too, the back cover unclips and you get right to the fan for cleaning if anything maybe in there or dirt build up over time and no need to unscrew the rest apart.

Just don't rip off the triggers tops as he did in this video as not needed and better to follow the second video from AyaNeo :-

Also another one here from AyaNeo and a better one to watch I think :-

Select the :- AYANEO SLIDE Disassembly & Assembly Tutorial

This is done at your own risk of course and make sure to have the right tools first, but easy enough to do if you are a little handy with opening up devices. There is another video AyaNeo did too on YouTube but it's all in Chinese and was really more about the Slide introduction and they showed a very rushed tear-down there that was not so great to watch.

Also removing the back cover only the clipped on one doesn't effect the warranty Antec said, but removing the screws and getting to the other parts does void the warranty. So be aware if you cause damage while doing that.
I didn’t change any fan curve, but I have reset everything and it appears to have stopped, so seems to be something software related rather than anything caught in the fans.

I spotted your post on discord regarding the battery charging so just trying to run through those steps as I’ve had the core shutdown on 20% plus battery and wouldn’t start until plugged in. Interestingly, do these have a cmos battery? Because when I’ve had the core shutoff due to no power, the bios has reset. I even ran the battery depletion last night, and then fully charged throughout the night while off, when I turned on the core this morning it took a bit of time for the screen to react, got into bios and the ram settings have reset again.

I didn’t change any fan curve, but I have reset everything and it appears to have stopped, so seems to be something software related rather than anything caught in the fans.

I spotted your post on discord regarding the battery charging so just trying to run through those steps as I’ve had the core shutdown on 20% plus battery and wouldn’t start until plugged in. Interestingly, do these have a cmos battery? Because when I’ve had the core shutoff due to no power, the bios has reset. I even ran the battery depletion last night, and then fully charged throughout the night while off, when I turned on the core this morning it took a bit of time for the screen to react, got into bios and the ram settings have reset again.
No CMOS battery, just the rechargeable battery acts as the CMOS battery too, so when it dies completely the BIOS will go back to defaults if it ends up that low.

The battery needs recalibrating it seems, just follow this regarding laptops :- https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Battery_Calibration

Appears to be 6 left in stock in each colour, if anyone is still looking at one.
I have to say I was worried it would sell out quicker and kinda just fomo'd it, but so far I'm really enjoying it and it it will hopefully help me get through some of the backlog of games I've built up, as it's so 'pick up and play', even compared to sofa gaming with a pad

Yes I'm also enjoying it more than sat on the sofa using the console and can now at least watch something on TV while having a little game at same time, without the TV being hogged for gaming a lot of the time.

They are selling quickly still, everyday they are out of stock somewhere in the world and people complaining on Reddit,Discord etc.. I still haven't mentioned it elsewhere they are in stock yet (last time I did that they went out of stock right away grr and missed out getting a white one too) just the Antec Discord channel last few days that people are following and here of course as hoping everyone here gets one first. Will let the other forums know next week if still in stock and everyone here has got one if they wanted one now.

4 Black and 4 White only left now as the Launch Promotion Bundle and special price ....

Kora3vc.gif

Last edited:
Yes I'm also enjoying it more than sat on the sofa using the console and can now at least watch something on TV while having a little game at same time, without the TV being hogged for gaming a lot of the time.

Yeah was watching a YT vid earlier in the background while I finished off Mafia, where usually I'd have to change the default monitor and sound and give it my full attention, which just doesn't happen!

I wanted to ask you actually, as you have both colours - What colur dock did you get (with each)?
I got the 'almond grey' one with a black unit, which I would have thought would go better with white, I assume they only came in one colour but saw an unboxing yesterday where he had a dark grey/black one (won't bother me too much as I'll only use it occasionally, if ever lol)

Yeah was watching a YT vid earlier in the background while I finished off Mafia, where usually I'd have to change the default monitor and sound and give it my full attention, which just doesn't happen!

I wanted to ask you actually, as you have both colours - What colur dock did you get (with each)?
I got the 'almond grey' one with a black unit, which I would have thought would go better with white, I assume they only came in one colour but saw an unboxing yesterday where he had a dark grey/black one (won't bother me too much as I'll only use it occasionally, if ever lol)

I got the Black dock with my Black one (second drop) and the Grey one as they class it with the White one on this last drop, I did see they have run out of the docks everywhere apart from what they managed to get together in these last 70 bundles that were put together for us by Antec Lee ( @Ace Modder ) and noticed the black versions this time came with the grey docks too.

You can see they are out of stock everywhere even Antec and AyaNeo that makes them in Black and a few left in Grey with AyaNeo.

If you really want a Black one there is one used one (EXDISPLAY) here on Ebay £70 or £56 with the coupon code ( SEPTSAVE20 ) available at the moment .. Only Black one anywhere ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom