Antec Kuhler 920 quick review.

Associate
really impressed

I got mine yesterday from overclockers, WOW, really impressed, the only thing I changed was the fans, and I put two Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM, the liquid temps never get above the high 30’s with a Intel Core i7 980X overclocked @ 4210 per core, well impressed, I really like the way the coolers tubing is very bendy and supple, and the software monitoring the temps and adjusting the RGB LED light is very useful and easy to use, and you can turn the LED light off using the software.

Recommended;););)

Caporegime
OP
I got mine yesterday from overclockers, WOW, really impressed, the only thing I changed was the fans, and I put two Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM, the liquid temps never get above the high 30’s with a Intel Core i7 980X overclocked @ 4210 per core, well impressed, I really like the way the coolers tubing is very bendy and supple, and the software monitoring the temps and adjusting the RGB LED light is very useful and easy to use, and you can turn the LED light off using the software.

Recommended;););)

Pics?:)

Associate
I'm looking at this or the 620 version.

I've got a 2500k build going together, I'm not planning on trying for an extreme overclock out of it but I would like to get up near 4.5ghz.

Is this going to offer me any benefit over the 620? With a 620 I'd probably have the budget to change the fan and add another but with this I'd have to leave it with what's in the box as the budget is tight.

Lastly, its a mATX build, I'm not sure if there's any difference in radiator size?

Associate
I'm looking at this or the 620 version.

I've got a 2500k build going together, I'm not planning on trying for an extreme overclock out of it but I would like to get up near 4.5ghz.

Is this going to offer me any benefit over the 620? With a 620 I'd probably have the budget to change the fan and add another but with this I'd have to leave it with what's in the box as the budget is tight.

Lastly, its a mATX build, I'm not sure if there's any difference in radiator size?

Here’s a good link with pics, that should answer all your questions:)

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/antec_kuehler_hamp8322o_920_cpu_cooler_review,1.html

Caporegime
OP
Don't remove it, the stock paste is better than Arctic Silver 5.

Not really what I found, the stock paste is good, the Silver5 is 2C cooler when run Prime95 for 30min at the 4.5GHz setting

I also have IC Diamond (don't like how thick it is) , IC Periheilon and MX-2 here, so I could try doing other comparisons against the Silver5.

Last edited:
Associate
Cant believe i haven't seen this thread. Stulid, has anyone else had a problem when they try to load the cooler software it throws a message "Cannot connect to control chiller device. Check the USB Connection"

Ive checked the connection and when i go into device manager it just says the device is unkown?

I cant adjust anything?

Caporegime
OP
Cant believe i haven't seen this thread. Stulid, has anyone else had a problem when they try to load the cooler software it throws a message "Cannot connect to control chiller device. Check the USB Connection"

Ive checked the connection and when i go into device manager it just says the device is unkown?

I cant adjust anything?

Mine needed a restart before I could load the screen and start adjusting.

Theres also software here - http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzA0MzcwJjE3 - which I used to do an install on Monday and I just double clicked the "setup" icon in the download and not the "Antec CC" icon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Depends on the board and BIOS options avalible, My Asrock just has USB2.0 ON/OFF and USB3.0 ON/OFF and that maybe for all the ports.

My Gigabyte UD4 has front and rear control.

IS THE LITTLE USB CABLE IN CORRECTLY?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom