Anti Ginger = ok, racism = bad

Soldato
sendos said:
When have you ever known anyone to literally hate ginger people, when has there ever been a extremist political party with anti-gingerness as one of there main objectives and when have ginger haired people ever been lynched for being ginger.. never. But all of these are true for skin colour and religious ideology there is no comparison. end of.

I believe during the inquisition being ginger was a sin and you could very well be tortured and executed for it.

SiriusB

Soldato
CrowK said:
Ginger girls OTOH just plain haawt ;)

You ain't lyin'!! :eek:

One of the hottest women I ever went out with had fiery red hair. She could suck start a Harley, making your eyes turn up into the back of your skull in the process, and seemed to have a photographic memory copy of the Kama Sutra in her head, and would do the wild thang at the drop of a hat - ANY HAT!! And anywhere!!

But Good Lord, you get her mad at you and you'd wish you'd never been born!!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Mickey_D said:
You ain't lyin'!! :eek:

One of the hottest women I ever went out with had fiery red hair. She could suck start a Harley, making your eyes turn up into the back of your skull in the process, and seemed to have a photographic memory copy of the Kama Sutra in her head, and would do the wild thang at the drop of a hat - ANY HAT!! And anywhere!!

But Good Lord, you get her mad at you and you'd wish you'd never been born!!

LOL, are you talking about your wife? ;) :p

Edit: Nope your not, saw the start and you said youn "Went" out with her.
Still the way you described it was funny :p

Soldato
My wifes a ginger and she's stunning.

Thankfully both my children took my colouring, the tales of ginger bashing when she was young would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I suppose i would be classed as a ginger sympathiser for rutting with one though.

Permabanned
laissez-faire said:
Just a thought after just watching Catherine Tate on BBC. She has red hair, she made lots of jokes in one scene, I have red hair and I found it funny. Why are similar jokes not acceptable when concerning race?

There was an incident at school many years ago when I was school where a Muslim child randomly called me a 'stupid ginger'. I called him a 'stupid ****' as an immediate response to highlight how inappropiate his remark was and yet I was immediately thrust in front of several heads. I attempted to defend my case fairly unsuccesfully.

- 'Ginger' is usally derogatory yet it is still acceptable.
- Having red hair immediately puts one in a smaller minority than being from Pakistan in todays diverse population.
- I have been actually punched in the face before in Southampton by some yobs who said nothing more than 'ginger toff'. The police wouldn't accept my claims that is was tantamount to racial abuse.

I am more in favour of abolishing the taboo concerning race humour as I personally am not particuarly bothered by things like www.gingerkids.org - can you imagine the outrage if someone started www.pakikids.org ?

No-one has ever been enslaved because of the colour of their hair.

Associate
Mohinder said:
Actually...

Two of the prettiest children I've ever seen used to live down my street, their parents were a redheaded white woman and an asian man...

You could see from when these girls were about 8 that they were going to grow up to be corkers, my whole family agreed, and sure enough, the oldest one's about 19 now and she's a proper, proper stunner.

OMG! South park lied :eek:

Permabanned
Mohinder said:
Actually...

Two of the prettiest children I've ever seen used to live down my street, their parents were a redheaded white woman and an asian man...

You could see from when these girls were about 8 that they were going to grow up to be corkers, my whole family agreed, and sure enough, the oldest one's about 19 now and she's a proper, proper stunner.

Indeed. A couple of years ago Nicole Kidman wanted me to do the horizontal mambo with her, but I had to refuse. One of my aunties is ginger, and I simply couldnt take the risk that a ginger child could have ensued.

Sorry Nicole.

Soldato
It's simple really and is also the reason why irish, scottish and welsh jokes are tolerated.

We share a common history - we are, as societies go, friends. If a friend takes the wee out of another friend it's just a joke. If you do the same with a complete stranger you might get a thump for it.

Hence why gingers are a fair target for jokes and you get away with 'an irish guy a scottish guy...' etc. We know each other and the banter goes both ways.

Other, more remote cultures, are not nearly so familar to us - they are comparitively speaking complete strangers and so taking the wee is a little more risky - you can still get away with it in some situations but you need to be much more careful you don't cause offence - just as you would if you were in the pub making jokes with someone you barely knew.

Soldato
the_brainaic said:
Yeah, cause when I call someone a "****ing jew" I'm obviously referring to the holocaust? And when I call someone a "dirty ****" or a "******" then I'm insinuating that they're slaves? In my opinion, those citing slavery, etc when dealing with racism are making pretty tenuous links. Taking the mickey out of someone for being short, tall, ginger, blonde, etc. is, in my eyes, the same as racism. Which is why I really couldn't care less about todays political correctness and the need to mince your words to aviod offending people.

You are a god /bows

Bet your a ginger four-eyes eh? eh? :p

Caporegime
penski said:
GINGER! KILL IT!

Gingerism is caused by a recessive gene (MC1R if my old school lessons [Mocking Gingers levels one through five] were correct) which means that you're genetically inferior to real people and therefore should not be allowed to breed for the same reason that incest is illegal.

*n

how typical of a decent thread (for once in GD) to be ruined by the exact rubbish that the OP is talking about. You may think its funny, but in the context of this thread its abusive, your posts should be deleted or edited.

Soldato
Morba said:
how typical of a decent thread (for once in GD) to be ruined by the exact rubbish that the OP is talking about. You may think its funny, but in the context of this thread its abusive, your posts should be deleted or edited.

no, actually in the context of this thread, it can ONLY be a joke - as if it wasnt a joke it would have been removed.

Permabanned
Morba said:

If you feel that way then please feel free to report the said posts to a moderator. I'm sure you've been here long enough to know how to do that.

Congratulations on missing the point entirely though.

*n

Associate
The ginger thing is just leftovers from when the english slaughtered there neighbours hundreds of years ago.Its hurtfull and derogatory but hardly racist, calling someone with red hair a ***** ginga!

Soldato
Mr Nice said:
I can picture it now, the Ginger brotherhood congregate and will plan a jihad against the overbearing blonde/brunette infidels.....

With "suicide bombs" which cover the area in ginger hair dye..

Back
Top Bottom