Any fans of Louis Theroux here?

Soldato
I like his programs but he grates me a bit.

I think it's the way he asks extremely difficult questions in an unbelievably naive way.

It's probably the only reason he isn't dead yet, but the 'I'm genuinely stupid enough to ask you these questions because I don't know any better' act annoys me.

i love him. the "act" can sometimes be that he's trying to ask the questoins that the viewers are thinking, he's taking it from our point and how we might take it. watch his later ones and he asks the questoins like he used to but also explains why to the people.

This really! He's supposed to be asking in that manner, it what makes him a good watch!

Associate
My wife has experience of working in a secure mental hospital in this country. She was shocked by the apparent lack of support for the patient who was shown being released back into the community, he didn't look nearly ready enough to leave.

Soldato
i love louis

hes never afraid to just get straight in there , asks the questions you want answered and usually gets the results . Never afraid to embarass or put himself in a little danger either. IE the episode where he asks the professional wrestler if its ''real'' and gets an absolute beasting :p

Man of Honour
Yea it was strange, half prison half hospital... With so much medication it was bizarre.

As always though was an interesting watch.

It was more the medicine and teaching them what to say and do. I suppose a learned response they know the careers are looking for, rather than finding out what they are actually thinking and feeling.

Soldato
It was more the medicine and teaching them what to say and do. I suppose a learned response they know the careers are looking for, rather than finding out what they are actually thinking and feeling.

Yea that's the impression I got too, they could have probably got most people to behave to that acceptable level with such a cocktail of drugs and teachings.

Soldato
Not according to that guy in the programme they let out who went one to shoot two people dead no,after originally killing someone

I also think some of them fake mental illness so to escape jail

So the one case out of 100s should enforce the policy.

Speaking from personal experience there should be no way someone would choose a mental hospital over jail as there is no set time limit for release.

Soldato
Anyone else think that female doctor was a right weirdo? It was so awkward when she was just stood there pausing to think on her answer....

I think the hospital is obviously flawed. The mere fact that Louis asked that younger guywhther he loved his father or not....only to find out later that he seemingly has never discussed that with his therapists! Their rehabilitation programme seemed to have some gaping holes.

Associate
Deffo one of my fav people for docus, I have seen all of the older ones,and only one of the LA stories (the dog one).

I read on the BBC website a few days ago about the hospital episode, so im excited to watch this. Its on my to-do list this week! The article he wrote sounded interesting.

Associate
Deffo one of my fav people for docus, I have seen all of the older ones,and only one of the LA stories (the dog one).

I read on the BBC website a few days ago about the hospital episode, so im excited to watch this. Its on my to-do list this week! The article he wrote sounded interesting.

The dog one was easily his weakest doc of recent years in my opinion. The hospital one (I'm guessing we're talking about the same one - where people with terminal illnesses try whatever treatment they can?) is one of his best, and utterly heartwrenching. It's up there with the dementia episode as my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom