any news from macworld conference??

Caporegime
dirtydog said:
My point is that some people buy things for the sake of it, often leaving them with no savings or even in debt - I see it as an addiction no different to drink or drugs :)

Valid point, I'll be buying one as a replacement phone with lots of extra features and things built in. Therefore have a use for it.

But it's not just in technology that people buy things for the sake of it.

Mods to cars for example? Anyone?

Soldato
dirtydog said:
My point is that some people buy things for the sake of it, often leaving them with no savings or even in debt - I see it as an addiction no different to drink or drugs :)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. The way I see it is if you can afford it buy it, if you can't then don't.

You could say people don't need fast cars/expensive cars when a 1.2 corsa will do they job, or they don't need that Nokia 8800 when an 8210 will be fine.

Anyway, back on-topic :)

Permabanned
I can afford it easily but I would never buy such a thing :)

Anyway yes, on topic - I would like to hear more about Leopard if anyone knows why it was mysteriously left out of the keynote.

Caporegime
Ol!ver said:
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. The way I see it is if you can afford it buy it, if you can't then don't.

But what think Doggy is saying is that people will be paying for this with money they haven't got. I.E - Bank Loans, Credit Cards - Spending money they don't own basically, all to have iPhone.

Me personally, been there, done that, never again.

Everyone does it, and happens with a lot of new products can't be helped though.

Caporegime
dirtydog said:
Anyway yes, on topic - I would like to hear more about Leopard if anyone knows why it was mysteriously left out of the keynote.

My guess is that they are holding a lot of things back and will have another conference/keynote relatively soon about it which will be dedicated to Leopard.

If they spoke about both at this keynote a lot of it would have been rushed, and things cut out.

Last edited:
Associate
dirtydog said:
Quite, but I didn't realise a PDA was a leisure activity :p I realise some people will make good use of a PDA, but I doubt most people who will buy the iPhone fall into that category. It's a gimmick - much like the idea of sitting down and watching a movie on a 3.5" screen :rolleyes:

The PDA/smartphone side didnt seem that great. Kept saying best ever etc. everything. But didnt show how or why! Definately better than any Blackberry or Palm but so is everyone else lol.

But as a phone with a music player there is nothing better announced right now. The main feature really is the 8GB harddrive and Apple's superior music everything.

Caporegime
Phate said:
But what think Doggy is saying is that people will be paying for this with money they haven't got. I.E - Bank Loans, Credit Cards - Spending money they don't own basically, all to have iPhone.

Me personally, been there, done that, never again.

Everyone does it, and happens with a lot of new products can't be helped though.

Western society is too materialistic. Roll on the days of Star Trek I say - where obsession with greed and wealth and 'stuff' is non-existant and we all strive to become better people instead. :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom