• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
I thought this video was interesting for the 4:44 mark:

Seems AMD’s pricing team are totally delusional and seem to think they’ve got hot stuff on their hands and were shocked by the feedback that the 7900 XT was rubbish at $900.

Reasons to feel better about spending more money on these cards:
-This one goes to 7
-Save power equivalent to switching off a dim incandescent bulb
-something something AV1 encoding

Caporegime
I thought this video was interesting for the 4:44 mark:

Seems AMD’s pricing team are totally delusional and seem to think they’ve got hot stuff on their hands and were shocked by the feedback that the 7900 XT was rubbish at $900.

Reasons to feel better about spending more money on these cards:
-This one goes to 7
-Save power equivalent to switching off a dim incandescent bulb
-something something AV1 encoding

Any marketing teams job is to make as much money as possible for the company, they all need to justify their pay to their bosses.

AMD's marketing teams problem is they aren't working for Nvidia, Nvidia's marketing team can get away with slides that have Ada 3X faster than Ampere (obviously complete BS) and make that the reason as to why the new ##80 class card is worth $1200, 70% more than the one its replaced.

AMD get torn to shreds for trying to justify $900, of course they are confused when they see Nvidia getting away with that ^^^^

Last edited:
Soldato
Any marketing teams job is to make as much money as possible for the company, they all need to justify their pay to their bosses.

AMD's marketing teams problem is they aren't working for Nvidia, Nvidia's marketing team can get away with slides that have Ada 3X faster than Ampere and make that the reason as to why the new ##80 class card is worth $1200, 70% more than the one its replaced.

AMD get torn to shreds for trying to justify $900, of course they are confused when they see Nvidia getting away with that ^^^^

I'm pretty sure HUB tore the 4080 a new ass for all the reasons you've mentioned but as Steve has pointed out just recently AMD fangirls like whataboutisms and completely pretend like no one ***** on Nvidia

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure HUB tore the 4080 a new ass for all the reasons you've mentioned but as Steve has pointed out just recently AMD fangirls like whataboutisms and completely pretend like no one ***** on Nvidia

Sure, one time so they can say they did it, now they bang on about the 7900XT, AMD's leaks and about how all of that is going to be over priced, bad marketing and the now 2 year old 6500XT.
Its the same for every mainstream reviewer.
This forum has a thread titled "just what are Nvidia up to?" Its completely dominated by what bad things AMD are up to and what bad things they might do next, very little if anything in there about the Nvidia subject.
When was the last time anyone made a video dedicated to how bad and horrible Nvidia are? Its been a while, they are very few and yet there is a new one like that for AMD every 5 minutes....

AMD are an easy target, so cowards target them, the internet is full of cowards looking to get their view counts up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Right now some of might be thinking ok so how can i redress that balance? So how can i go on about Nvidia for 67 pages over 6 months, and you're coming up blank.
Doing that with AMD fals so much easier to hand because there is plenty of inspiration to draw on.

Soldato
Sure, one time so they can say they did it, now they bang on about the 7900XT, AMD's leaks and about how all of that is going to be over priced, bad marketing and the now 2 year old 6500XT.
Its the same for every mainstream reviewer.
This forum has a thread titled "just what are Nvidia up to?" Its completely dominated by what bad things AMD are up to and what bad things they might do next, very little if anything in there about the Nvidia subject.
When was the last time anyone made a video dedicated to how bad and horrible Nvidia are? Its been a while, they are very few and yet there is a new one like that for AMD every 5 minutes....

AMD are an easy target, so cowards target them, the internet is full of cowards looking to get their view counts up.

I must be watching something different they dished it out to every Nvidia 40 series card, look at the thumbnails If you don't to watch them

They even talked about how Nvidia wanted them to review the cards and why they didn't go along with it such as focus more on RT and dlss3

I've had as much AMD cards as I've had Nvidia I don't have loyalty to neither of them

Last edited:
Caporegime
I must be watching something different they dished it out to every Nvidia 40 series card, look at the thumbnails If you don't to watch them

I've had as much AMD cards as I've had Nvidia I don't have loyalty to neither of them

I know... Its not aimed at you.

Nvidia's marketing team can get away with slides that have Ada 3X faster than Ampere (obviously complete BS) and make that the reason as to why the new ##80 class card is worth $1200, 70% more than the one its replaced.

And all you get is this.... over and over again.

Its almost ####### funny, like a comedy sketch.

These are the faces of cowards, take a good look.

Last edited:
Associate
Only real benefit will be that it uses less power. That's exactly what Nvidia is doing as well. I'd guess that the 7800xt will end up using 100w less in games than the 6800xt, so yeah instead of more performance AMD just gives you lower power draw which is exactly what Nvidia is doing with everything under the 4070ti
It's too expensive but at least the 4070 is much faster than a 3070,and is about the same as the 3080.The 7800XT is a complete scam and will probably be £550+.People might as well buy a 6800 or XT and undervolt it

Soldato
I know... Its not aimed at you.

And all you get is this.... over and over again.

Its almost ####### funny, like a comedy sketch.

These are the faces of cowards, take a good look.

and they also dish it out to nvidia ? and I dont feel I should be praising AMD just because they lowered prices when they tried to see what they could get away with , just because nvidia cards are stupidly priced doesnt mean AMD cards are suddenly priced amazingly . neither company are offering me 4080/xtx type performance for £700-£800

LVVuxIj.png

T0gS6OQ.png

XE3j7Yx.png

fFvgc0y.png

o2eWtPA.png

PbB3kD4.png

T60zX1N.png

NcLu4w9.png

tCMKBER.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
and they also dish it out to nvidia ? and I dont feel I should be praising AMD just because they lowered prices when they tried to see what they could get away with , just because nvidia cards are stupidly priced doesnt mean AMD cards are suddenly priced amazingly . neither company are offering me 4080/xtx type performance for £700-£800

LVVuxIj.png

T0gS6OQ.png

XE3j7Yx.png

fFvgc0y.png

o2eWtPA.png

PbB3kD4.png

T60zX1N.png

NcLu4w9.png

tCMKBER.png

Most of those are about VRam, its pretty milk toast.

I'd like to see them talk about how Nvidia use marketing to all but lie to people about the performance and value of their cards.
About how DLSS is used to ramp up the pricing of their cards. again bad marketing.

PS: the 4080 sold at last a million units, clearly people do want them.

Last edited:
Associate
All I can say at this point is, AMD are incompetent and have no idea how to run a GPU business.

Also, RDNA 3 is the last time I even remotely get hyped for a GPU launch, and will now assume all AMD GPU launches will be far below expectations, overpriced at launch, buggy drivers and making **** poor price/performance gains, oh and a year late to the party.

As far as I am concerned AMD are dead to me, and I will just wait and continue to use this GTX 1060 6GB until Nvidia offer me better price/performance, without skimping on Vram or offering me a cut down rebadged DIE.

Nvidia screwed me over for ages, and AMD had PLENTY chances to take my money, but they rejected it at every opportunity, instead choosing to match Nvidia's dodgy tactics.

So since they are just as bad as Nvidia, I might as well wait and buy the better GPU.

Nvidia make me a better priced/performance GPU and I will buy it, unless Intel has something to surprise me with, price & performance and driver wise it better be amazing and I will give it a go!

But AMD?, you cried wolf too many times, go get ***ked, shut down you're GPU division, could'nt care less anymore....

Last edited:
Soldato
Most of those are about VRam, its pretty milk toast.

I'd like to see them talk about how Nvidia use marketing to all but lie to people about the performance and value of their cards.

He does talk about performance and how crap it is gen on gen
Steve chatted few times how Nvidia wanted him to review cards and what to focus more on, more RT so Nvidia cards be shown in better light and focus more on dlss3

And what about the scandal about Nvidia not sending review samples in the future because of it ?

I'm not seeing any bias for either company maybe it seems like that if you are in one camp ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Steve chatted few times how Nvidia wanted him to review cards and what to focus more on, more RT so Nvidia cards be shown in better light and focus more on dlss3

And what about the scandal about Nvidia not sending review samples in the future because of it ?

I'm not seeing any bias for either company maybe it seems like that if you are in one camp ?

Despite what disagreements Steve says he has with Nvidia about RT and DLSS he also talked about how DLSS makes the Nvidia cards more valuable. So not really in any disagreement with Nvidia there is he?

They are sending him samples now and HUB are quite happy to talk the price of Nvidia cards up.

Associate

AMD's marketing teams problem is they aren't working for Nvidia, Nvidia's marketing team can get away with slides that have Ada 3X faster than Ampere (obviously complete BS) and make that the reason as to why the new ##80 class card is worth $1200, 70% more than the one its replaced.

The only reason for them to be confused is if they’re totally delusional. Their market share is at an all time low and people are just buying Nvidia without any consideration of AMD. If they want to change that, they need to give people a deal that’s too good to say no to.

Soldato
Despite what disagreements Steve says he has with Nvidia about RT and DLSS he also talked about how DLSS makes the Nvidia cards more valuable. So not really in any disagreement with Nvidia there is he?

They are sending him samples now and HUB are quite happy to talk the price of Nvidia cards up.

I've been having to use dlss bit more now my card is aging, and I flicked obsessively between fsr and dlss and found dlss better, would I pay high premium extra for it no , but would I pay like £50 more yes

If AMD really want to change mind share they need to offer something really really good, not just good , the upscaling/ RT that's one reason they price lower but they need to be more aggressive unless they can also catch up with them features

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom