Anyone else not find things funny?

Associate
Not sure if there is something wrong with me and I'm just a miserable **** but I don't find 99% of the things other people laugh at funny. I've never been depressed and I'm a popular guy with lots of friends but people seem to laugh at anything.

For example someone at work was just saying the big bang theory makes him cry with laughter everytime he watches it. I have saw an episode before and didn't smirk once. Was at the cinema watching guardians of the galaxy years ago, and everyone was laughing out loud at the end credits when the little plant thing kept dancing and when Batista turned round he stopped...honestl h couldn't work out what was funny.

In the office I'm convinced people have a ''corporate' laugh as well. Don't get me wrong i laugh out loud at the classics like OFAH, The Office, Fawlty Towers, Tommy Cooper but I just think comedy now is awful and the **** people laugh at is just dumb humour.

Yes maybe I am a miserable so and so before I get called it ;)

Soldato
Guardians of the Galaxy isnt funny and neither is Big Bang Theory tbh. The most recent film that genuinely made me laugh was Teen Titans Go the movies tbh.

a lot of comedy nowadays is trash.

Soldato
The Big Bang is about as funny as a car crash.

I don't find much funny, Milton Jones is about the only comedian I sometimes find funny, it's brief, silly jokes but he has a way of making them funny.

Alex Jones can also be funny at times.

Associate
Not sure if there is something wrong with me and I'm just a miserable **** but I don't find 99% of the things other people laugh at funny. I've never been depressed and I'm a popular guy with lots of friends but people seem to laugh at anything.

For example someone at work was just saying the big bang theory makes him cry with laughter everytime he watches it. I have saw an episode before and didn't smirk once. Was at the cinema watching guardians of the galaxy years ago, and everyone was laughing out loud at the end credits when the little plant thing kept dancing and when Batista turned round he stopped...honestl h couldn't work out what was funny.

In the office I'm convinced people have a ''corporate' laugh as well. Don't get me wrong i laugh out loud at the classics like OFAH, The Office, Fawlty Towers, Tommy Cooper but I just think comedy now is awful and the **** people laugh at is just dumb humour.

Yes maybe I am a miserable so and so before I get called it ;)

Sounds like we're very similar!

Throughout my troubled teenage years I used to sit through countless hours of nonsense like Zoolander whilst my mates cried with laughter and I sat there nonplussed. Years on nothing much has changed.

Soldato
Guardians of the Galaxy isnt funny and neither is Big Bang Theory tbh. The most recent film that genuinely made me laugh was Teen Titans Go the movies tbh.

a lot of comedy nowadays is trash.

This ^^

I can’t stand those either. Give me Blackadder, Peep Show, Nighty Night etc etc anytime .

Soldato
the problem with GoG and The Big Bang is that they aren't exactly laugh out loud comedy shows/film unlike Only Fools and Horses et al. Comedy shows now tend to be trying to hard to be 'clever' rather than out right funny. the other issue is that comedy is subjective, some find Billy Connolly completely hilarious, others think he's just a foul mouthed Scot. Some find Mrs Browns Boys utterly guff while others fall about in fits laughing at it.

Don't expect to laugh at what others find funny. find what makes you laugh for yourself.

Soldato
there is a lot of crap around and most popular comedy shows are pretty weak imo - maybe its an age thing. A lot of comedy for me comes from something unexpected and original so the newer stuff might surprise younger people but for me its stale, predictable, and i've seen it before a hundred times.

big bang is like that - if you've seen a few episodes you've seen them all.
guardians i found humorous but i don't think i openly laughed at all.

you should go 'off piste' op and find some of the more fringe comedy's instead.

Soldato
I don't often finds thing funny tbh... and things that I do are generally trollish in nature / bit immature (Not toxic trolling just light hearted "Internet" humor).

But shows with canned laughs etc..... never really found them as funny as I should?

Soldato
there is a lot of crap around and most popular comedy shows are pretty weak imo - maybe its an age thing. A lot of comedy for me comes from something unexpected and original so the newer stuff might surprise younger people but for me its stale, predictable, and i've seen it before a hundred times.

big bang is like that - if you've seen a few episodes you've seen them all.
guardians i found humorous but i don't think i openly laughed at all.

you should go 'off piste' op and find some of the more fringe comedy's instead.
i'd agree quite a bit with that. i like the big bang as its fun, rather than funny - but a lot of what they do i've seen before - usually in Friends. So much of their material can be seen to be directly 'copied' almost from Friends.

Back
Top Bottom