Anyone for another.... (BOTW mk2)

Man of Honour
BOTW!
ive listened to your pitch and id love to invest in you, but it seems to me that B does'nt stand for burger, and for that reason, im out

Soldato
I'm in on this round if you'll have me chaps.

Can somebody explain a little more of the format etc for me please? Also, for those worried about missing the thread, subscribe to it! :)

Soldato
I'm in as missed the current/last one and watched it with interest! I'd like a different format though as countries have been done, Ahleckz has a not bad idea (how surprising!)

Soldato

Can somebody explain a little more of the format etc for me please? Also, for those worried about missing the thread, subscribe to it! :)

It's dead simple really. By 8pm every Saturday, you have to have emailed a picture of your beer (with an identifying feature - I always included my forum sig, or a hand written copy of my forum name on a bit of paper if I was in a pub) to an email address that you'll be given when you join. That's all. Dirty_Jester will collate the pictures, upload them and sort the scores out by 8pm(ish) each Saturday and post a thread with all the pictures & points in one post.

In terms of voting, after each result thread is posted (after 8pm Saturday) we voted on the next weeks beer. The voting tended to end around Monday evening so you had the rest of Monday then up until Saturday evening to get your beer and enter it.

Caporegime
OP
I'm out, not playing this time I'm on the wagon for the indefinite future.

Disappointed :( but hope everything is ok? Also what happens if you win this Saturday, there is beer lined up as prizes?

Good call on subscribing :) Format still has to be decided ie. countries, beer types combo of both maybe etc etc but Ahleckz has pretty much nailed everything else. If in any doubt ask in main thread pinned at top of forum, oh nad have a read through page 1 of same thread ;)

Tea Drinker
Don
Disappointed :( but hope everything is ok? Also what happens if you win this Saturday, there is beer lined up as prizes?

I'll find a home for any prize :p don't worry about that ;)

I've spent the last 17 years drinking and completed Dryathlon last month, lost 7kg and felt great, had a drink on Saturday night and felt terrible, just rethinking my drinking habits this year.

I'll happily help out in any way.

Caporegime
OP
I'll find a home for any prize :p don't worry about that ;)

I've spent the last 17 years drinking and completed Dryathlon last month, lost 7kg and felt great, had a drink on Saturday night and felt terrible, just rethinking my drinking habits this year.

I'll happily help out in any way.

Ok glad to hear everything is ok and prizes put back unopened... ;)

Cheers for the offer too, depending on numbers this time round I might take you up on it!

List updated (first page) and keep them coming :)

Soldato
Just been flicking through some of the old pics, quite excited.

There's a pub near where I work that sells a whole plethora of worldly beers that I'm sure I can take advantage of.

Can't type for toffee
Don
What about percentages?

Start with something at 3.5% and then work up to some strong muthas?

Sounds like a very expensive round unfortunatley
there some high 'teen % beers availabel but they aint the cheapest of bottles.

Think the highest % I did last round was about 10% ish and some of those were the best part of £4 a bottle

Caporegime
OP
Sounds like a very expensive round unfortunatley
there some high 'teen % beers availabel but they aint the cheapest of bottles.

Think the highest % I did last round was about 10% ish and some of those were the best part of £4 a bottle

Couldn't agree more mate, and in some cases (no pun) the price is just ridiculous. Now having said that I still like the idea of including a percentage round or two, though doesn't mean they have to be high :)

Back
Top Bottom