Anyone for another.... (BOTW mk2)

Soldato
Get rid of A = Ale. Too vague, though unsure what could go in its place. Just seems odd to have Ale & then IPA, Blonde, Export, Red and so on which are all Ales also.

And, L = Lambic would be more interesting I reckon.

Soldato
Get rid of A = Ale. Too vague, though unsure what could go in its place.

Just a thought - how about A = Alcohol?

Yes I know it's a beer competition but it's one of those rounds your could open up to pretty much anything (like a wild card) hopefully allowing for more points to be gained by the winner assuming the scrabble scoring system is implemented?

Caporegime
OP
Get rid of A = Ale. Too vague, though unsure what could go in its place. Just seems odd to have Ale & then IPA, Blonde, Export, Red and so on which are all Ales also.

And, L = Lambic would be more interesting I reckon.

Would you rather have A - Alcohol free :p

If it has an Ale ONLY in the beer name then I'd deem that to be fine?

Caporegime
OP

Yes I know it's a beer competition but it's one of those rounds your could open up to pretty much anything (like a wild card) hopefully allowing for more points to be gained by the winner assuming the scrabble scoring system is implemented?

Scrabble points was fun and will be included in this comp. but only for the UK round :)

I'll have a think about another item for A.

Soldato
Would you rather have A - Alcohol free :p

If it has an Ale ONLY in the beer name then I'd deem that to be fine?

I like this. Just the alcohol matters though. Doesn't matter on the brand.

And you didn't comment on L so I trust that's been rubber stamped? :D

Soldato
Lager is a brewing method, not a type of beer strictly speaking. You just don't know where you can get a lambic from. You're just scared, third place mcgee! :p

Caporegime
OP
Lager is a brewing method, not a type of beer strictly speaking. You just don't know where you can get a lambic from. You're just scared, third place mcgee! :p

If it says Lager on the bottle or can it's allowed.... as for third place I rolled over as I knew you would have fallen to pieces with macca winning...

:p :D

Soldato
If it says Lager on the bottle or can it's allowed.... as for third place I rolled over as I knew you would have fallen to pieces with macca winning...

:p :D

I just thought it'd be more interesting to go for a type of beer that the vast majority won't have tried before or even heard of. But hey ho.

Caporegime
OP
Ok people....

I've started the tidy up of the first page (main thread) so if everyone list there could please make sure that your 'Trust' function is enabled I will start sending out the competition email address... fo thos that have it ie. past players... don't feel left out if you don't receive anything, it won't be changing ;)

Could everybody taking part please also have a look at the choices list... make sure you understand them... any questions then please keep them to main thread. Nothing set in stone as yet! So please feel free to offer suggestions / ideas (all in main thread) :)

Oh and yes I'll be updating the rules section shortly.

Back
Top Bottom