Anyone get scared playing games?

Permabanned
Just seeing if we have any sensitive folk among us. :p

I get scared playing a lot of games and it makes it harder for me to complete them. It's linked to my anxiety problem. For example I'm playing Quake2 at the moment and I can't get past the 4th level . :d Even though it's far from a scary game compared to something like Fear.

Soldato
I do! But then most of my playtime is by myself when everyone else has gone to bed (and with headphones).

Ravenholm in HL2 scared me! But I made it through :)

Soldato
FEAR gavve me shivers, as I find the creepy girl thing, well creepy lol. Doom 3 that was a bit scary. Deliberately played it in a pitch black room by myself, was pretty atmospheric even though some people hated the torch thing, I think it worked well.

Soldato
FEAR2, played in 3D on my VT20, (best 3d game ever its jaw dropping) and the little girl came out the screen at me so unpredictable, my heart was pounding hard, took me a minute or two to regain focu that it was a game. :D

Permabanned
Sure, if I let myself, which I of course do to enjoy the game. System Shock 2, the Penumbra series, Amnesia, and parts of the Stalker games, are amongst the ones that stand out in that regard. Bits from other games, like Ravenholm in HL2, etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I get well spooked playing games. I've had moments where I've screamed (this hasn't happened for a while), flung my mouse across the room with a fear-spasm :)D) and heaven knows how many time I've stopped playing a game after only moments due to getting such a fright that I can't play any more!

Soldato
Once.....
Playing deadspace in the dark with headphones on, turned around and my wife was about to tap me on the shoulder to tell me she was going to bed.
God damn I jumped!

Soldato
Condemned criminal origins with headphones in a dark room... yeah boxer Browning stuff!

Just hearing the enemies scuttling about waiting for them to attack, or the department store section. Could only play in short bursts.

Associate
I wouldn't call it 'scared' but some immersive games give me that tingle down the spine....usually atmospheric games that make great use of light and sound. Amnesia, Thief, Condemned, CoC etc etc. I was hoping Dead Space 2 would be the same, but although its a good game it didn't give me the shivers...I think it was just trying too hard :/ plus its 3rd person, for whatever reason they dont grab hold of me like a 1st person game does.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I get shivers from some games like Painkiller (when witches flew overhead with zombies breaking out of coffins), FEAR (alma) etc. Dunno if I would call it 'scared', it's more a physical reaction than a mental one.

Caporegime
Bought Amnesia, played 40 minutes at about 2 in the morning by myself, haven't touched it in two months, too scared.
Deadspace can be jumpy at parts.
Ever since amnesia I've been bloody scared of HL2.

Caporegime
One level in hl2 with the guy with the shotgun. Only just playing that game now for the first time ever

Metro as well with head phones, its all about the music and atmosphere

One game was alien on the sega saturn lol, that would get me all the time

Back
Top Bottom