Anyone had an SSD die?

Associate
So far I've not had any SSD's die or issue's (fingers crossed keep up the trend). All Samsung's:
3x 830 Evo's I've forgot which sizes (built for my nephews and a friends PC's) they're still going strong since year 2011/2.
2x 840 Evo 250GB since October 2013.
1x 850 Evo 1TB since March 2017.

This December getting 2x 970 Evo 1TB, and maybe 3x 860 Evo 1TB.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been using an old OCZ Vertex sata 2 drive for many years, i remember reading about their controllers dying left right and center when i bought it but its still running great now so i guess i got lucky. I've never seen an SSD die yet from anyone i know so i guess they dont die often

Caporegime
I nearly had kittens moments ago when installing a new SSD. The SATA connectors felt really fragile and then booting into Windows, nothing showed up. Luckily, it was there in Disk Management but uninitialised. I'm used to drives being formatted ready to go!

Man of Honour
Not had an SSD die yet, mostly due to changing them most years since having them as the capacity and speeds increased and prices dropped. I think now though with a 240GB OS/Prog drive and a 1TB for games I will be keeping these two much longer.

Associate
Had a couple of the first generation OCZ ssds die, and this week my SanDisk 480GB is now locking up the PC completely intermittantly, at least I think its that as it happens mostly in games on that drive. Checked SanDisk software and indeed the drive is showing serious SMART errors :/

Back
Top Bottom