Anyone have a Hot Tub?

Soldato
Hot tub is up to temperature and ready for the weekend! It's like a special occasion because we were in there rain or shine in Q2 when we first got it, then after we got the electricity bill for that quarter we've scaled back the usage a bit :)

Soldato
You wouldn't use your car without an MOT, like you shouldn't use an extension lead that may not be up to the job and thus overload and burnout. An extension lead is the wrong item to use.
I would use a brand new car that suited my requirements without an mot same as I’d use an extension lead that was fit for purpose it’s not rocket science if the hot tub is safe plugged into a 13amp socket it is just as safe plugged into a 13 amp extension lead.

Soldato
Dropped ours to 37 on Friday night. Although in yesterdays heat, it refused to cool down (left the cover open) and maintained 41 until 8pm when it finally dropped to 39.
Just checked and its now 37.
Tempted to go and get in now whilst I can.

Man of Honour
Our hot tub seems to be heating up without the heater. Saves on energy bills.

We’ve just been contacted by the manufacturer to book in its first year of servicing. Worth it? Will I have to empty it? I think their going to do the first one cheaper than usual.

Man of Honour
As it is your first service you will receive £50 off the standard price, making it £299.

We recommend a full service once a year to keep your spa in a healthy condition. This annual service provides peace of mind in the knowledge that your spa has been professionally cleaned and every working aspect inspected and function checked for performance.

• Remove and treat filters with filter cleaner. Recommend new filters where necessary
  • Run chemical system flush (antibacterial and degreaser fluid used to clean internal pipework)
  • Remove tub sides (where accessible) and inspect pipework for leaks and obvious faults
  • Electrical check on control system
  • Clean and protect hot tub lid with vinyl protectant
  • Drain tub and clean tub shell with surface cleaner
  • Vacuum out residual water in the tub
  • Remove jets (where possible) clean and refit. Some jets may not be possible to remove without damaging them due to scale build up or other chemical damage. Customer will be advised if this is the case.
  • Tighten all pump unions, inspect and replace any small seals if required
  • Refill hot tub with fresh water, check operation of pumps, blower, lights and heater
  • Rinse and refit filters

Thoughts? I mean most of the cleaning steps I do myself. The drain point has come loose though, so it may be a good opportunity for them to look at it.

Caporegime
Seems very expensive for what they do above and beyond a normal water change.

I'd buy the flush chemicals (swirl away) and some 303 aerospace protectant yourself, taking the sides off and having a quick look is easy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Taking the sides of will be pointless imo, nothing to see but foam :D

As above, clean the lids, tub then 303 on all exterior surfaces. A interior cleaner is good as well.

Man of Honour
Thanks, that’s basically what I do anyway other than the 303. I don’t see what they’d do internally if everything is functioning correctly. I’ll save my money for when something actually goes wrong. 303 on the cover isn’t a bad shout.

Back
Top Bottom