• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Prices have stalled on their descent for a few weeks. That sucks.

There's already info out there about more shipping issues from China and to expect another 20% price hikes (not just on GPUs but in general on stock from China). It wouldn't really surprise me. Plus another buying season is coming, so it will likely only get worse.

Associate
Have now officially given up for the moment, as I've spent the money put aside for a card on a new Vbox data logger for my race car. I realised that I don't need a new card enough to warrant just putting up with whatever I was lucky enough to snag in the FE drops or OCUK deals.

Hopefully next year will bring more sensible supply and prices so I can pick and choose what AIB I want (as I've always done in the past), and I might couple the graphics upgrade with a processor one as well. In the meantime I'll just have to dial down the settings in Total War: Warhammer 3 when it comes out.

Soldato
Same sort of thing. I just spent my money on getting my kid the latest iPad air and pencil etc. Bought a new car. Bought paintball stuff.

If I want a card I can get it. I am just not gonna spend that money being scalped for a thousand dollars. My cars service last week was a thousand dollars lol.

Prices across the world are up for most things. Chips are just nuts

Associate
Card incoming for me, bit the bullet and overspent on budget by £40 for 3060Ti from OCUK so no takeaways this month. I've just been waiting too damn long, was going to upgrade June last year but decided to wait for 30 series !!

Associate
Card incoming for me, bit the bullet and overspent on budget by £40 for 3060Ti from OCUK so no takeaways this month. I've just been waiting too damn long, was going to upgrade June last year but decided to wait for 30 series !!

Congratulations, enjoy your card, it performs not far from a 2080ti which cost £1000+ so waiting for a 3000 series was very much worth it

Soldato
Well I had kinda given up but then today the partalert notification popped up when I was looking at my phone. So I’ve managed to get a 3080FE, should be delivered Monday or Tuesday :)

Caporegime
I have today conceded defeat and given up lol.

Why what card are you currently using? Res and refresh? What games do you play?

I've just seen stock on Amazon minutes after it going on twitter. It usually is sold out instantly I mean even if you click within 10 seconds it's gone.

So stock is now much better than it has ever been. I've also seen FE stock last longer than ever.

Why didn't you get the 3060ti deal on here for instance?

Soldato
Crikey, 1650 Super I ordered a while back that had no dispatch date will actually be shipping end of this month.

Actually forgot I had it on order as it was that far back, ordered a 1660 since then which is the card I really want to dispatch :D

Soldato
Why what card are you currently using? Res and refresh? What games do you play?

I've just seen stock on Amazon minutes after it going on twitter. It usually is sold out instantly I mean even if you click within 10 seconds it's gone.

So stock is now much better than it has ever been. I've also seen FE stock last longer than ever.

Why didn't you get the 3060ti deal on here for instance?
I'm currently using a 980TI on a AW3821 - 3840x1600@144 so it's really not cutting it. Currently playing SC, PUBG, ED, Hell let loose and looking at BF2042. It's going under water so I'm really loathe to spend masses extra on an AIB just to rip the cooler off. Cuda cores are also a major consideration as I use vray a lot.

I don't want to buy a 3060TI as i would think it of more as a stopgap solution rather than an upgrade that I can leave alone for a couple of years.

Caporegime
I'm currently using a 980TI on a AW3821 - 3840x1600@144 so it's really not cutting it. Currently playing SC, PUBG, ED, Hell let loose and looking at BF2042. It's going under water so I'm really loathe to spend masses extra on an AIB just to rip the cooler off. Cuda cores are also a major consideration as I use vray a lot.

I don't want to buy a 3060TI as i would think it of more as a stopgap solution rather than an upgrade that I can leave alone for a couple of years.

Well the gigabyte 3080 watercooled version (already has a block ready on it good to go) has been in and out of stock constantly over the last week or two.

It's £1100 though.

I don't really get watercooling if you are the type of person who cannot be bothered tweaking it or spending money. That's exactly the type of person who goes down the water cooling route.

So you are looking for a FE?

All you need is the right Twitter and discord alerts set up.

Associate
Satisfaction report that you didn't ask for after owning a 6900XT that I bought for £1500 about 4 months ago:

Moderately satisfied

I'll never spend this amount again, and I still wince occasionally when I remember paying through the teeth for this one. But it's allowed me to enjoy a bunch of games and gaming sessions with friends with everything on max detail at 1440p.

I think my advice is still wait, possibly for the next generation rather than this one, given the myriad problems with Nvidia and lack of supply for AMD. The cards are good but just not worth the money.

Soldato
Well the gigabyte 3080 watercooled version (already has a block ready on it good to go) has been in and out of stock constantly over the last week or two.

It's £1100 though.

I don't really get watercooling if you are the type of person who cannot be bothered tweaking it or spending money. That's exactly the type of person who goes down the water cooling route.

So you are looking for a FE?

All you need is the right Twitter and discord alerts set up.

Already have them set up but I've never been able to buy one when they've dropped. It sounds crazy but they've coincided with me giving presentations or in meetings on every one and I can't just pause them to buy a GPU lol.

With regards the pre-fitted block version, I've never once seen one in stock since release but was/is something I'd consider if I ever saw one.

Back
Top Bottom