• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Dunno - seen 3 bad reviews of the zotac cards re thermals and noise, so maybe thats why they are cheaper or not selling so fast. Also seen some zotac 3080s for just over a grand today retail

I once had a zotac a few years ago and it was like a plane taking off, I ended up getting rid of it

Maybe they aren't the best, but buyers have just had to snap up whatever was on offer in recent months. The fact that there is time to mull it over is encouraging.

Soldato
Gave up bought a Series X a year ago and it's been fantastic best decision gaming wise I've ever made

It's practically silent and just works and shock horror I've been playing games rather than faffing with overclocks :)

Associate
Dunno - seen 3 bad reviews of the zotac cards re thermals and noise, so maybe thats why they are cheaper or not selling so fast. Also seen some zotac 3080s for just over a grand today retail

I once had a zotac a few years ago and it was like a plane taking off, I ended up getting rid of it

I've seen mixed reviews, nothing negative about performance though, just noise.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Gave up bought a Series X a year ago and it's been fantastic best decision gaming wise I've ever made

It's practically silent and just works and shock horror I've been playing games rather than faffing with overclocks :)

That's a disgrace, and I hope you get promptly banned from this forum!!! :p ;)

Soldato

i might join you soon, but really want to wait for used games to price drop because the price of new ones is insanity

Associate
That's a disgrace, and I hope you get promptly banned from this forum!!! :p ;)

No need to be so harsh, it takes a great deal of patience, composure, poise, skill, determination and stoicism to be part of today's PC master race, some people just do not have these quality or unfortunately lose them over time :cry::cry:

Soldato
Lol I've wrung every inch out of my poor 3770k and 290 Tri-X just wasn't prepared to pay 600 plus just for a GPU - then upgrade my CPU, ram, mobo - to end up with an end result not too dissimilar to a Series X - ok yes better but three or fours times better when comparing price ?

Previously I've found playing on consoles a large compromise - 30fps, worse graphics, muted seemingly low colour palette graphics, the Series X just feels like playing on a relatively high end Gaming PC just near silent and I'm now playing on a 60 inch display with full surround Vs previously attached to a much smaller monitor

Then add in things like quick resume of games on current gen of consoles which is a huge plus

Gone are the days of three minute load times each time you have to restart a mission or level etc

Weekly MS store sales are very good value too

Caporegime
Lol I've wrung every inch out of my poor 3770k and 290 Tri-X just wasn't prepared to pay 600 plus just for a GPU - then upgrade my CPU, ram, mobo - to end up with an end result not too dissimilar to a Series X - ok yes better but three or fours times better when comparing price ?

Previously I've found playing on consoles a large compromise - 30fps, worse graphics, muted seemingly low colour palette graphics, the Series X just feels like playing on a relatively high end Gaming PC just near silent and I'm now playing on a 60 inch display with full surround Vs previously attached to a much smaller monitor

I did this but ended up selling my Series X as i realised that my favourite genre really is Strategy/Simulation (city/management etc). I thought i could live without those games and that i could still get my fix on some of the ones that come on consoles, but it just isnt the same.

Wish i didnt like that genre as it would be cheaper :p

Soldato
I did this but ended up selling my Series X as i realised that my favourite genre really is Strategy/Simulation (city/management etc). I thought i could live without those games and that i could still get my fix on some of the ones that come on consoles, but it just isnt the same.

Wish i didnt like that genre as it would be cheaper :p

Yeah that's fair enough - I wouldn't fancy playing those sort of games on a console over PC either

Associate

Then add in things like quick resume of games on current gen of consoles which is a huge plus

Gone are the days of three minute load times each time you have to restart a mission or level etc

I hear you, it makes more sense to get a console right now if you're only gaming. It cost me 1'160 for my new build without any peripherals, it's only probably 10-15% faster (minus raytracing).

On the flip side I use it for a lot more than gaming and I now have a base for my next GPU upgrade which by all accounts is going to be a big leap :cool:

Associate
Wow, finally nabbed a 3090 FE for retail price.... strangely still in stock 4 hours later too....

Gave up on the 3080ti FE, had way far too many issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom