• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Rewind back a year and prices were crazy, but I took the plunge, knowing full well it would only get worse, now that card has been sold for double what I paid for it. Next year will probably be even worse and if you think any new GPU's launches from NV or AMD or Intel for that matter are going to improve things you'e going to be sorely disapointed.

Sometimes hanging around and waiting is not the best policy. Sucks but there it is. Prices will never go back to sensible, precedents have been set, NV/AMD know they can ask for anything and people will pay.

Associate
Nvidia are apparently discontinuing the 3080 10gb. Watch the 12gb version mrsp be priced substantially higher. Most likely nvidia bitterly regret pricing the fe at £650.

I fully expect the 4080 fe to be 1k.

Soldato
Yeah I think even though RDNA3 is going to improve well on this gen, I reckon prices are going to be eyewatering for next year. Happy to stick with my current card as it handles the games well for the time being.

Yeah I'm set for 2 years now, I've done a nice GPU shuffle, will upgrade during last year of warranty.

Associate
Prices will never go back to sensible, precedents have been set, NV/AMD know they can ask for anything and people will pay.

This is the thing that worries me the most tbh. I've been eyeing up a 3080Ti/3090 as I just got a lovely Acer X27, but I'm in the "is it really worth the money?" state of mind for the first time since pre-30 series launch. I can't imagine NVidia will ever go back to the old prices because everyone's shown that they're more than willing to pay more.

Soldato
This is the thing that worries me the most tbh. I've been eyeing up a 3080Ti/3090 as I just got a lovely Acer X27, but I'm in the "is it really worth the money?" state of mind for the first time since pre-30 series launch. I can't imagine NVidia will ever go back to the old prices because everyone's shown that they're more than willing to pay more.

GPU's clearly aren't worth the money, in your case you've just shelled out for a very expensive monitor, not sure how much you've paid, so really if you don't push it's performance you've wasted money there as well. In your position I would have bought a F-Sync compatible monitor and a 6900XT and saved yourself a fortune. Happy gaming, you can get a top 6900XT on here for 1.5k. 3090 minimum 2.5-6 K. 3080ti? a 12GB VRAM for a card that's going to cost £1500 plus? - absolute trash.

Nvidia only really made sense if you're going to mine or in specific use cases.

Associate

Install Telegram and fe part alert. Then save login details to phone for nvidia UK distributor. Keep you credit card close to hand. It's definitely not impossible to get an mrsp fe card.

Associate
GPU's clearly aren't worth the money, in your case you've just shelled out for a very expensive monitor, not sure how much you've paid, so really if you don't push it's performance you've wasted money there as well.

I paid £600; so not too bad. I'm currently rocking a 2080Ti so it's sufficient, but I feel like there's more, you know? And also the itch to upgrade which never really leaves, lol. Going for a 3080Ti/3090/6900XT would make 4k gaming better, and the thing that puts me off a 6900XT is the lack of DLSS. I feel like it's a pretty solid feature for gaming at higher resolutions.

Install Telegram and fe part alert. Then save login details to phone for nvidia UK distributor. Keep you credit card close to hand. It's definitely not impossible to get an mrsp fe card.

Thank you for this!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I paid £600; so not too bad. I'm currently rocking a 2080Ti so it's sufficient, but I feel like there's more, you know? And also the itch to upgrade which never really leaves, lol. Going for a 3080Ti/3090/6900XT would make 4k gaming better, and the thing that puts me off a 6900XT is the lack of DLSS. I feel like it's a pretty solid feature for gaming at higher resolutions.

Going to have to mention most titles I have seen AMD's top card punching very well and with fine wine its only going to get stronger. Yes if your a RT nut its hard to turn people's heads but so many games dont use it or didnt implement it well enough for it to rule out the AMD option. I have seen them go recently for around £1100 on offer which is close to what some retailers have the regular 6800 card listed at!

So unless your getting an FE flagship, its probably my suggestion. I game at 4k but have great times on quality and no RT.

Associate
To be fair quite a few on here were lucky this time (inc me) - it is possible - it just has to drop exactly at a moment when you can go straight through with the deal (and as said it probs help to have an account set up and passwords etc to hand)

Soldato

Thank you for this!

DLSS/RT isn't worth the huge extra outlay IMO, but it may be for you. Part alert is good advice, you just have to be ready.

3080ti is really the worst option, if you're spending big get the flagship card either way, not some gimped 12GB ripoff.

Soldato
DLSS/RT isn't worth the huge extra outlay IMO, but it may be for you. Part alert is good advice, you just have to be ready.

3080ti is really the worst option, if you're spending big get the flagship card either way, not some gimped 12GB ripoff.

+2

3080 best value by a mile. If you were happy to pay more then waiting 6+ months for the Ti was odd as you could have got the 3090 ages ago.

Soldato
How can they realistically stop bots ?

Well think about it. If they block normal punters based on IP, address, Card, account unless you have like a zombie network botnet will all different bank accounts (which would post them to all separate addresses) so you can only buy one.. the bots cant buy in bulk in theory and should be easier to decline post sale surely?

Back
Top Bottom