• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
Eh? I see no stock on any site. Still 180 in a que on 1. Thats plentful?

Overclockers have most cards in stock right now (not every AIB, no), as do lots of other places.

Maybe "plentiful" was the wrong word, but it was more used in terms of a comparison of how it has been where even stock of anything was scarce.

Basically, thinks are staying in stock a lot longer. Prices will drop, so long as crypto prices keep dropping.

Soldato
What I don't get is scalpers still trying it on via ebay. They're still trying to sell 6500 XTs for £300+, but they're in stock in retailers for much less. Are people stupid enough to be buying from these scalpers?

Soldato
What I don't get is scalpers still trying it on via ebay. They're still trying to sell 6500 XTs for £300+, but they're in stock in retailers for much less. Are people stupid enough to be buying from these scalpers?

I've noticed this as a thing in general forever on Ebay. Whenever i go looking for prices on something Ebay is usually right up there with the most expensive... Although that's also usually BIN stuff but it wouldn't surprise me if people were outbidding themselves/their limits through wanting to win auctions.

I'm currently using a 1080 and it feels like i will be until the 50x0 series of cards are out. :D I remember shelling out 550 for it years ago thinking i'll never spend this much on a GPU again. :o:(

Associate
Nvidia arm deal seems to not happen so nvidia going to recoup the cost somehow, 1.25billion dollar btw somehow.
I expect them to raise prices to do that for gpus
The market just got worse again
Mining crash is needed

Soldato
Nvidia arm deal seems to not happen so nvidia going to recoup the cost somehow, 1.25billion dollar btw somehow.
I expect them to raise prices to do that for gpus
The market just got worse again
Mining crash is needed

Where have you been the last few weeks, the crash is happening, im making a whopping £1.30 profit after electricity for a 3090 at the moment, when we get these big price rises in april there will be nobody mining if it doesnt change (not in the uk anyway)

Associate
A 6500xt that sells for 225 on OC sold for 260 on ebay over the weekend.

Makes me wonder if sometimes there is no card and the buyer/seller are the same, and its a way to launder money.
I had wondered whether laundering was a reason before as fleabay isn't even the only place where crazy prices what nobody sane would pay are seen! That or, just too many people who aren't sane. At least with auction sites people can excuse themselves by saying they got caught up in the bidding.

Soldato
Where have you been the last few weeks, the crash is happening, im making a whopping £1.30 profit after electricity for a 3090 at the moment, when we get these big price rises in april there will be nobody mining if it doesnt change (not in the uk anyway)

Not to worry when the govt introduce the inevitable energy cost subsidies it'll all kick off again!

Associate

Is that for a 24 hour period?

The 3050 might only deliver 20% of the hashing performance

Caporegime
Your view of plentiful stock and prices falling seems very different to the current situation

Well, in comparison to before obviously.

Stock will increase and prices will keep increasing as mining profitability stays in the toilet.

Look at summer last year when crypto plummeted. Suddenly we had deals at or around RRP etc.

Associate
Still zero 1st world use case for crpyto, no value to business or consumer. Surely there will eventually be a 100 monkeys point when enough people realise its worthless, when enough people have been scammed in never ending FOMO pump and dumps. As long as there is no real value, the market will continue to be based on hot air. Ethereum is a woeful project now, only the self preservation of eth holders keeping it high, there are now multiple far better blockchaun projects. If crypto ever becomes anything other than hype, ethereum will really crash. Bitcoin is even worse, bunch of billionaires pretending it's a store of value, real gold can at least hold doors open and stuff.

Caporegime
Thanks for confirming, that should reduce the demand for 3050 type cards (at least a bit) they will be getting just a few pence a day if the hash limits are true.

If the rumoured hash rates are true, they won't be profitable to mine on for most (it will cost more in electricity)

Back
Top Bottom