• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves to waiting for a while? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.

No it's the new benchmarking.

Spend 24/7 checking websites for stock. Then when I get the GPU I'll only use it for benchmarking and overclocking then benchmark then realise I need a more powerful gpu to get a higher score in the benchmark. Then the cycle starts again.

I don't even own any games just pay for benchmarks.

Soldato
i planned for a 6800 but after seeing the prices, it was no way will i feed the scalpers, and will now wait it out till demand falls and crypo crashes again, if thats next gen so be it, or i wil return to console gaming after 20yrs of pc gaming

Associate
The 3090's seem tone-deaf considering the FE's that were dropped and available for hours yesterday.

Maybe it was on purpose not to overload their servers, hahaha!

i planned for a 6800 but after seeing the prices, it was no way will i feed the scalpers, and will now wait it out till demand falls and crypo crashes again, if thats next gen so be it, or i wil return to console gaming after 20yrs of pc gaming

Must admit, its quite the era to jump ship into consoles. This discord/stock disease got me trigger happy and I somehow how find myself not owning the 3080 or 6800XT I wanted, but sat with a 3070 and a Xbox series X. The 3070 has kept me ticking happily, haven't even opened the Xbox series X but am sure to get to it eventually.

Soldato
Maybe it was on purpose not to overload their servers, hahaha!

Must admit, its quite the era to jump ship into consoles. This discord/stock disease got me trigger happy and I somehow how find myself not owning the 3080 or 6800XT I wanted, but sat with a 3070 and a Xbox series X. The 3070 has kept me ticking happily, haven't even opened the Xbox series X but am sure to get to it eventually.
i was thinking 3070 but the 8gb put me off, its more a stop gap gpu, doesnt have much longevity

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yup given up now. Not interested in paying above msrp, so unless the situation changes then I'll not be getting anything.

I've also not played any PC games for near enough 2 months so have no desire to upgrade any more either.

Pretty much switched to console gaming now as well since getting a series X.

May even switch completely if more pc exclusives come to consoles. There are only a few strategy games keeping me tied to my PC really, that and the back catalogue of games, but they are older and don't really need anything powerful to run.

Soldato
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.

Yes gave up before xmas when it became clear there wasn't a chance I was going to lay my hands on a 6800XT or 3080 anytime this year or likely next year either. So just coughed up for a 3090. Got the money so why not I can't spend it any other way at the moment everythings shut and can't out anywhere and lord knows we all need something to cheer us up right now.

Caporegime
The crazy thing is alerts seem to be getting fewer as time goes on :p

A couple weeks back I was getting daily alerts, albeit waaaaay over RRP.

This week it's been almost silent.

It's almost like they're diverting all the stock elsewhere. Like a big mining farm or two :p

Soldato
Ive been using a 1070 for the last few years and been very happy but since Cyberpunk ive been chomping at the bit to upgrade. At these prices though they can suck a fat one, its insane!

Funnily enough im playing Cyberpunk on my 1070 at 1080p on high/medium/low settings and the experience has been pretty nice, im not crying put it that way :D

Yea. Even Watch Dogs Legion, before I put the 3080 in I tried it out on my 1080 and it managed very high settings at 1440p and still looked great.

Soldato
The crazy thing is alerts seem to be getting fewer as time goes on :p

A couple weeks back I was getting daily alerts, albeit waaaaay over RRP.

This week it's been almost silent.

It's almost like they're diverting all the stock elsewhere. Like a big mining farm or two :p
I've been wondering why the alerts have been so quiet too! Maybe this is it, all the 3080s there were ever going to be made have been delivered, everyone else will either have to buy a 3090 or wait until next generation :p

Seem to have been more 3070s around than either 3060Ti's or 3080's and I did manage to order myself a 3070 Gigabyte Eagle OC at the price listed on the Nvidia website (pretty sure that number has increased though!). Only downside is I'm not sure whether it will arrive next week as the order confirmation says, or February (I think when I ordered it the page said something about it being a pre order for February, no reference to that on my actual order though); if I manage to order something else I may cancel it if it hasn't dispatched.

I did consider just giving up for now, but I currently only have a slow laptop and really want to have something more powerful right now as opposed to in six months.

Soldato
Given up myself, I just find it laughable nvidia annouce new cards when they can't even make enough supply for the ones initially released.

I'm also not willing go pay over the odds, I think all retailers including clockers are scalping abit themselves tbh.

Permabanned
Me. I just went and spent the £1500 I had put aside for a card so that's that. I will try again in six months, but for now the frustration is too high!

Back
Top Bottom