• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
My new monitor the Asus PG35VQ ....
But my PC is also connected to my 65" OLED TV which is in the same room but on a different wall to my PC set up, But i very rarely use my OLED for gaming

Nice
My new monitor the Asus PG35VQ ....
But my PC is also connected to my 65" OLED TV which is in the same room but on a different wall to my PC set up, But i very rarely use my OLED for gaming

nice mate very nice.

Asus PG35VQ is that the £2.5k monitor? It has some amazing stats that monitor.

Associate
I currently have a 1080ti Founders Edition and was looking forward to the 3080. But the last 6 months have been such a disaster to everyone in the PC world. I mean even if you have enough £££ to buy expensive graphic cards that doesn't mean you want to. Everyone loves competition as it drives down the price for consumers. I want to hate on the miners but I can't, what should be implemented in the future is a mining card and a gaming card.

Associate
Wanted to upgrade to 1440P with a new graphics card and monitor, now decided to wait. In the interim I've tried to stop chasing fidelity graphics, turned down graphics options in modern games and really enjoying 1080p gaming at high(ish) frame rates with my existing 4-year old GTX1070.

Soldato
Wanted to upgrade to 1440P with a new graphics card and monitor, now decided to wait. In the interim I've tried to stop chasing fidelity graphics, turned down graphics options in modern games and really enjoying 1080p gaming at high(ish) frame rates with my existing 4-year old GTX1070.

Good man, for too many people the game in gaming has become chasing fidelity, FPS and benchmarks. Most of the chat on CP77 was about peformance not the game itself, which spoke volumes. Ultra settings are just a way to get you spend more money by tanking performance for no noticable graphical improvement, while making you think you're missing out on something when you dial them down a bit.

Soldato
Do they not produce the 20 series anymore either?

I am waiting to see what happens with the launch of the 3060, could be tempted to try get one of those but if it ends up being pre-order then waiting in these daft queues for 6month, seems pointless.

Associate
I've given up, I'm no longer interested in this generation. Too expensive, too hot and heavy, and too hard to find. I've otherwise got a beast of a system, so my 980Ti is going to be the bottleneck for a while longer. I'm ok with that.

Associate
I want to hate on the miners but I can't, what should be implemented in the future is a mining card and a gaming card.

The issue with this is there still only so much manufactuing capacity. And in what way do you gimp each card to make sure they do not perform at either task as well as the other, at that point your taking away options from the end user. its bad enough they limit math instructions let alone anything else. i feel your pain, just dont think theres an easier awnser.

Soldato
Covid and Brexit tag team = Hyperinflation! A GPU will soon cost the same as a new car.

I was only looking for a 1660 Super and there isn't even any of those, so no, I'm not bothered any more.

Associate
i planned for a 6800 but after seeing the prices, it was no way will i feed the scalpers, and will now wait it out till demand falls and crypo crashes again, if thats next gen so be it, or i wil return to console gaming after 20yrs of pc gaming

I think it was Scott Herkelman on Twitter that said the GPU’s will be in better supply when console manufacturing ramps down, with the good news that they’ll be continuing the reference cards. But I just don’t understand why you would launch 4 console versions and 3 GPU models at the same time, while telling people there will be plenty of supply. I still don’t think Frank coughed up that $10 bet either.

Associate
Just had a look at OCuk prices for the 3090. I did chuckle. Been waiting on news on the 3080ti but tempted to abandon the entire idea and stick with my 2080 for another year, I suspect when the console stock levels stabalise we will see more than a few jumping over from Pc to console.

Soldato
I think it was Scott Herkelman on Twitter that said the GPU’s will be in better supply when console manufacturing ramps down, with the good news that they’ll be continuing the reference cards. But I just don’t understand why you would launch 4 console versions and 3 GPU models at the same time, while telling people there will be plenty of supply. I still don’t think Frank coughed up that $10 bet either.
agreed, wasnt the smartest idea thats for sure

Caporegime
It's not even just PC stuff.

I'm looking on eBay and USED audio equipment is selling at higher than new prices.

People just spending money through boredom I expect. And not caring how much stuff costs.

Soldato
I was all set to buy a 3080, then thought I would wait for a 3080ti, now I have lost interest. It's very frustrating. Poor stock, silly prices. While the 3xxx series performance is a decent bump, I feel they are way too power hungry and run too hot. Feels like they have pushed the silicon very hard to make the numbers and cut corners in terms of vram.

Associate
today im in a very boring online meeting on zoom, so i was just browsing internet shops, guess what. no gpus in stock.
Found few 1050ti for 200£ nothing else in stock in uk. damn

Associate
I've been really patient holding on to my trusty 1070, My first born has a 3600 and a GTX 690 in hers and its fine for what she uses (school work and Roblox). The youngest is just starting to utilise a very poor laptop my dad gave here a couple of years ago. The extended home schooling pushed me to drop my old rig in a new case for her ( im missing a power supply that i'm imminently awaiting from OC but they keep pushing the delivery back :mad:

Anyway, i've got a shiny new Ryzen setup with 32 gig of 9pack ram but no new powerhouse gpu to go in it and its miffing me off. I'm leaning on paying over but Its not my thing, I hate scalping.

It really is sh!te all round

Back
Top Bottom