• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
maybe offer vouchers to those people who paid in September for a card?
Would definitely be nice after waiting the better part of a year. Would also be a bit unfair to those that weren't able to enter a queue, or especially those that were in the queue but opted to cancel for whatever reason.
Although really there's no perfect way at the rate things are currently at, unfortunately

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
maybe offer vouchers to those people who paid in September for a card?
We're working on it but realistically all we can offer are slower cards at similar prices.

Also, I'd recommend that you make your point in a single post rather than spamming since our moderators are under instructions to wipe the post counts of people who appear to be spamming to the post target.

There's no such thing as "Elite members" only people who contribute to our forum community over an extended period of time. We're not Ama***, we don't charge for a membership.

Associate
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves to waiting for a while? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.
I mean, who hasn't given up haha, scalpers are super frustrating but unfortunately I can't think of a single way to fix the market. Even Nvidia and AMD releasing a TON of cards will still probably result in scalpers buying them all anyway. It's unfixable!!

Associate
I mean, who hasn't given up haha, scalpers are super frustrating but unfortunately I can't think of a single way to fix the market. Even Nvidia and AMD releasing a TON of cards will still probably result in scalpers buying them all anyway. It's unfixable!!

There are only scalpers because people buy from them. Hopefully as less people start to buy from them as mining isn't as profitable the scalping will also start to ease

Associate
We're working on it but realistically all we can offer are slower cards at similar prices.

Also, I'd recommend that you make your point in a single post rather than spamming since our moderators are under instructions to wipe the post counts of people who appear to be spamming to the post target.

There's no such thing as "Elite members" only people who contribute to our forum community over an extended period of time. We're not Ama***, we don't charge for a membership.
I know members market is locked behind a 1000 posts. EVGA have a locked early access area there's is "elite" like MM but only 100 posts which is reasonable for consumers who dont have an opinion on every topic.

Associate
I dont even see the voucher code anywhere?
You have over 1,000 posts so you should be able to see it in the 'members market' ? But I think at the moment it's only for the 3070 and some 3060s. There may be another GPU Market section that's open to those with 50+ posts and it might be there.

Associate
Hmmm. It's hard to decide. I sold my spare 1050ti ready to upgrade... then got stuck in perpetual limbo not being able to find anything in stock. Now everything is in stock, it's double the prices either from 2020 release MSRP, or double previous years release (3060 being nearly £600 now, and me never paying more than £150 for a GPU new lol).

I was tempted to sell my 1060, and get a 3060 for around £400, but as prices have just risen, I just cannot justify it now. Only problem is, selling the 1060 would leave me with only a useless 1gb AMD thing to use in the mean time. So still no really a solution to "upgrade". I was hoping to get something with more ran than the 1060... but now seems near impossible. Anything reasonable in price is 4GB ram, or only a little more at 8GB and a bit better performance wise, but kinda pointless in gaming, as I don't really need more fps/resolution. I'd just like to be able to use more productive apps etc. So to me the RAM is more important, and that's the thing really getting the prices up on GPUs right now.

Once I get my CPU back, I'm hoping to just continue gaming on Retro/pre-2020 game that do fine on a 1060. Oh well.

Associate
Not given up, but in need for a 3090 and the chances of getting one at MSRP is looking slim. May have to get one from ebay for £2000, which is at least £500 cheaper than buying it from overclockers right now

Associate
You have over 1,000 posts so you should be able to see it in the 'members market' ? But I think at the moment it's only for the 3070 and some 3060s. There may be another GPU Market section that's open to those with 50+ posts and it might be there.

nope dont see anything in the MM regards vouchers,im after a 3070 ideally but 3060 would do i guess as i only have 1050 lol at the moment

Associate
My trusty 980Ti packed in a few months ago and I've been left running a sad desktop with no gpu, I haven't given in quite yet but it is soul destroying seeing scalpers prices

Associate
I've actually been tempted to at least change my 2070 super for a 2080ti, which are available for vaguely reasonable prices. But the improvement will be ... decent but not great, especially compared to the 3090 I actually need, so I'm holding off for now.

K3R

K3R

Associate
I'm still running a 970, the fact that stock won't be in any kind of good shape for a long time yet is killing me. I really like the idea of the voucher system, just wish I'd been active on the forums since joining.

Associate
I only just started looking! Haven't built a PC since 2007 since I've been using laptops. Decided to get back into it and here we are. The world has gone nuts. The construction industry has been hit particularly hard. It's not an exaggeration to say timber prices have gone up 50% in a year.

Might just have to stick it on the backburner for another 14 years :cry:

Back
Top Bottom