• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Permabanned
Regarding pricing and if the same performance improvement trends continue, then the next generation might offer a 4070 for £500 with close to 3080 Ti performance.

Don't forget that the mid range cards also get more powerful.

Based on performance / cost, the FE 3080 is a brilliant deal, if you can get one for £649.

Customers are going to get a bad deal...

Associate
£1200 for a GPU next year is too much, after everthing we have been through! I would not upgrade or get a console and play exclusives.
I know, despite the out of context quote you included, I was saying that I do not expect that kind of pricing (and that part was purely a number pulled out the air to illustrate an example)

Associate
Production speed is the same as last gen. So demand is the only explanation.

Not true. There is a global shortage of silicon production capacity, with every industry competing to fulfil their needs. This is limiting availability, driving up costs and resulting in ridiculous lead-times on many components. 26-52 week lead-times are not uncommon right now. Anyone involved in the manufacture of electronics will be aware of this - there have even been shortages of basic components, such as capacitors.

There is nothing normal about production across the majority of industries right now …

Associate
Nice to see a slight improvement on stock but it's all vastly overpriced still. Its 9 months since the 3080s launched, & still large waiting lists that i didnt join. Probably going to now wait for a 4070 as i'm not keen on these 300-350 watt cards. Ideally wanted 3080 but I'd have taken a 3070 at rrp upgrade from a 4yr old 1080ti even though 8gb feels a bit limited.

Just hope this mining crap sorts itself out away from our gaming cards by next gen.

Associate
I'll tell you one thing, I'm only buying FE from now on. Prices are unjustified.
I agree but the trouble is if retailers price there cards at lower prices then the scalpers will mop them up its hard on gamers but if overclockers can do more vouchers codes for its forum members/loyal customers then that keeps us happy and hopefully doesn't end up in scalpers hands ripping people off! I'm still after a card but i want a non fe card so im just holding out its hard because i have the money saved and have the itch to upgrade but i want a good deal when your paying £400-500 plus on a card.

Associate
I am curious since the crackdown in China has led to any impacts to resellers like OCUK regards to inbound stock to the channel, dunno if anyone from OCUK can chime in how that's looking like.
I take it demand is still high along with the prices, but are distributors able to ship to the retailers to sell at all now in better volume?

Associate
I think demand may be dropping for some cards, particularly at the high end. I've been noticing tha 3080ti cards have been been staying in stock at a few retailers - a few weeks ago a 3080ti at £1500 would disappear in a minute, but now they are sticking around for a while (one that I can see online just now has been available for well over an hour). Maybe an indication that people are fed up with these prices?

Associate
I think demand may be dropping for some cards, particularly at the high end. I've been noticing tha 3080ti cards have been been staying in stock at a few retailers - a few weeks ago a 3080ti at £1500 would disappear in a minute, but now they are sticking around for a while (one that I can see online just now has been available for well over an hour). Maybe an indication that people are fed up with these prices?
Something has to give eventually. The people willing to pay 1.5 or 2 times MSRP have to run out soon. I consider myself to be 'doing okay' financially, and am so very eager to get one of these cards, but even I wouldn't pay more than 20% over MSRP for a 3080 (or maybe 3060Ti), or 10% over MSRP for the others.

Is it conceivable that scalpers will just double down? Try to keep hoovering units to maintain their profits, even if those numbers start being a strain in terms of capital?

Soldato

Also these are LHR nerfed for ETH mining, and mining profits have dropped thats also playing a factor

Soldato
I broke and got a 6900XT as it was the cheapest I have seen in some time and from a retailer so has 2 year warranty (think its 2). I will never be happy about paying so much but at least its high end so should last. Going to put my 5700XT on Ebay to put a dent in it.

Soldato
OP
£1200 for a GPU next year is too much, after everthing we have been through! I would not upgrade but would get a console and play exclusives.

I got the 5600XT for a friend but ended up buyin git off him to replace my Vega. I'm going through my Steam older games now and have no desire to pay inflated prices for a card to play inflated priced games, that aren't great but mostly just eye candy dependent for the wow factor.....a guff game basically.

Lots of older games are so so good on mid range cards. I have Half Life 2 installed again and about to start it this weekend. Can't wait as I remember it was so good firs time around and I only played it through once...it'll be "new" to me again. Max settings on it are a given for 150+ FPS too.

Back
Top Bottom