• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
For the price of a PS5 + games I can buy a decent video card. The 6500XT is meant to be a cheap band aid until 2023, when prices are supposed to go back to normal levels.

I would not hold your breath on that. Nobody knows what will happen over the next year. You should also be able to band aid it though with a cheaper card and maybe sell it back or keep as a back up should prices return to normality.

Associate
I would not hold your breath on that. Nobody knows what will happen over the next year. You should also be able to band aid it though with a cheaper card and maybe sell it back or keep as a back up should prices return to normality.

Still, a PS5 + games won't be less than 600€, for that price I can get a RX6600 at today's price while the GPU shortage is expected to ease in 2023 (as more fabs will be online).

Associate
No worries. All you need do is install the Telegram app on your phone, then on your phone, browse here:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xT81U1A6tLjrQ

Hit that link and that'll join you to the FE Partalert channel on Telegram. Give Telegram a different alert tone to the rest you have set up and turn it up. Create an account on and be logged into the site where you can get them, can't mention what that is here, but Google is your friend, ensure your payment method is set up on the other site and have your billing address also be your address in your account with their site, you can change delivery address before checking out. If all your addresses are the same, billing, account, delivery, far less chance of anything going amiss when they check whether you've bought one previously.

Because you're only allowed one per payment card, billing address, etc...
Thanks for the help, I'm all set up.
So far all I see is regular 3070's popping up for £799 which disappear very quickly.

There's zero chance I'm paying 799 for a 3070! Before I do that I'll take a sideways move to one of the new AMD cards for 199, and pocket 300 quid, then wait 18 months.

Soldato
Thanks for the help, I'm all set up.
So far all I see is regular 3070's popping up for £799 which disappear very quickly.

There's zero chance I'm paying 799 for a 3070! Before I do that I'll take a sideways move to one of the new AMD cards for 199, and pocket 300 quid, then wait 18 months.

It's the Fe cards you want, getting them will just take patience. They are quite rare, you can now or less ignore other alerts unless you come across a banging deal on another.

Soldato
The price of these things has just become insane, it's like - ridiculous.

I've just been helping my mum pick a new cooker for her kitchen and we went with this awesome Rangemaster for just over £2k, to replace the one she had for 20 years. Then I realised it's cheaper than a frigging 3090 to play games on, which last about 2-3 years max before it's slow and worth £200..

It's just gotten out of control,

Associate

I've just been helping my mum pick a new cooker for her kitchen and we went with this awesome Rangemaster for just over £2k, to replace the one she had for 20 years. Then I realised it's cheaper than a frigging 3090 to play games on, which last about 2-3 years max before it's slow and worth £200..

Hahaha yep it's pretty stupid at this point!

Associate
I suspect this is going to be quite a jump from a 7870. I might even get around to upgrading my board and i5 2500k at some point now there's a point and I actually have a decent card

Associate
No worries. All you need do is install the Telegram app on your phone, then on your phone, browse here:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xT81U1A6tLjrQ

Hit that link and that'll join you to the FE Partalert channel on Telegram. Give Telegram a different alert tone to the rest you have set up and turn it up. Create an account on and be logged into the site where you can get them, can't mention what that is here, but Google is your friend, ensure your payment method is set up on the other site and have your billing address also be your address in your account with their site, you can change delivery address before checking out. If all your addresses are the same, billing, account, delivery, far less chance of anything going amiss when they check whether you've bought one previously.

Because you're only allowed one per payment card, billing address, etc...

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this so clearly.

I just got a 3080FE within 24 hours of setting it up, and can now sell my VEGA56 for almost the same price :cry:

Associate
I suspect this is going to be quite a jump from a 7870. I might even get around to upgrading my board and i5 2500k at some point now there's a point and I actually have a decent card

Yeah I run a 3070 and a 2500k.
Does the the job for me for the time being.
Cyberpunk 40fps with high settings

Associate

Good luck finding an RTX 3090 for £200 in September 2022-2023.

Back
Top Bottom