• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

OcUK Staff
And so it begins, just seen 3 rx6500xt up forsale on the bay, one auction sitting at 155, and two others on "buy it now" at ........399!

Predictable I know , but still.

Silly people, I did say our regular price be around £225, just seems very greedy and also crazy they will try to scalp for £20-30 and who in their right mind would buy them when you can buy brand new for less.
Got huge amounts in stock at £225 and they are selling quite well which bodes well as the low-end stuff always tends to take its time to build up sales, whereas the faster stuff everyone goes mental on day one, hour one, first minute.

Associate
So if you bought at £175 and they can be got at £225... With ebay fees and the potential for being stuffed by someone in true ebay style it really doesn't seem worth the effort for what almost certainly is a minor loss.

OcUK Staff
how many have been returned or cancelled?

I won't be privy to such data until the return has been processed this end.

The fact they are continuing to sell at the normal prices suggest the product will continue selling.

Simple facts are it now gives system builders and the low-end DIY market an actual option now, previously the only options were 1050Ti and GTX 1650 which are very hard to source, particular in large volumes.
At present volume on 6500 XT is strong, well for OcUK it is as now I have around 1300 units in stock and is why I have started to lift limitations and allowing bulk buying, shipping overseas and trade customers, the low-end DIY and SI market needs a good boost and this card will certainly help for sure.

Soldato
I'll be interested to see some "benchmarks" or comparison of overall gaming performance Vs say a Series S which is what 20 quid or so more ?

Uncompressed they even manage what 2.4gb/s bandwidth to/from the SSD - 4.8gb/s if compressed - same ballpark (compressed anyway) - half if uncompressed when compared to bandwidth to PCI 3.0x4 ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be interested to see some "benchmarks" or comparison of overall gaming performance Vs say a Series S which is what 20 quid or so more ?

Uncompressed they even manage what 2.4gb/s bandwidth to/from the SSD - 4.8gb/s if compressed - same ballpark (compressed anyway) - half if uncompressed when compared to bandwidth to PCI 3.0x4 ?

One these cards pitched up this morning and I'll be giving it a whirl with a gen 3 mobo, and then in a gen 4 mobo and see the difference for myself. Also, iirc, some of the reviewers benched these cards at high/ultra settings which is well above their recommended in game setting

Associate
And so it begins, just seen 3 rx6500xt up forsale on the bay, one auction sitting at 155, and two others on "buy it now" at ........399!

Predictable I know , but still.
There's no chance these will sell for £399, they can list them at whatever price they want but it doesn't mean anything. It's such a terrible performing card, in a normal market it would be around £100-£125, the MSRP is already pre-scalped by AMD.

Associate
Pre-scalped is the motto now. Guess it started with the 3070 Ti and similar which goes to show that when there's extra money to be made, AMD are late movers!

Pre-scalped is good for company fans though: this way AMD or Nvidia make the money not scalpers, retailers or distributors :(

Back
Top Bottom