• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Noticed a second hand 3070ti on rainforest this morning for £200. Thought it would be one of those pricing issues that would be quickly pulled and bought it hoping the order would be fulfilled.
Got a dispatch email and started to get hopes up, tried tracking parcel.. doesnt exist. Looked up seller and its a new seller with typos everywhere. Ah well.. long battle to get my money back :(

Never thought there would be scam sellers on rainforest!

Amazon is the worst for it as bad as ebay, I have a lot of issues from any third party seller that has not been there a long time or a real store, gave up on them and all they do send you in the end is their used rubbish and pretending it is new and they are a store. I only buy now from amazon direct or stores that are well known on there. That is the one huge reason I hate amazon they really need to weed out the scammers on there.

Caporegime
Noticed a second hand 3070ti on rainforest this morning for £200. Thought it would be one of those pricing issues that would be quickly pulled and bought it hoping the order would be fulfilled.
Got a dispatch email and started to get hopes up, tried tracking parcel.. doesnt exist. Looked up seller and its a new seller with typos everywhere. Ah well.. long battle to get my money back :(

Never thought there would be scam sellers on rainforest!

Seen a lot of those on Amazon. Clearly scams. Noticed one seller a week ago listing loads of GPU's at silly low prices.

Caporegime
What is the scam anyway? Do they just not send anything? Send a brick in a box? Then what? Do they just do a runner and Amazon has to chase them for the money?

Associate
Seen a lot of those on Amazon. Clearly scams. Noticed one seller a week ago listing loads of GPU's at silly low prices.
I saw one on Ebay, he had dozens of GPU's on a dozen or so listings with the latest GPU's 2 or £300 below everyone else. Each listing had 3 available.

It was only because he had zero feed back that I wasn't suckered in, they usually have hacked accounts with good feedback so he was obviously a newbie at scamming.

A few days later all the listings were gone, I was wanting to see if anyone had bought any and feedback for them.

Back
Top Bottom