Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Associate
DLM should have ignored your power outage.

I had mine installed last Wednesday but didn't check my line stats until the Friday morning at which point I had over 400 ES/35 SES. Not long after I had 2 quick re-syncs and found Interleaving had been applied. Maybe it was something else, but until Interleaving is taken off I can't check anything.

I had a long power out while they were fitting the new inverter. Then the power came on and off a lot during the day and the following days due to fitting new plug sockets etc. I guess it was my own fault for not unplugging the router but i have learnt a lesson!

I was just interested that the current CRC errors are the same as i would expect on the Asus if not more. I am going to plug the line back into the Asus tomorrow and see what happens!

Associate
I had a long power out while they were fitting the new inverter. Then the power came on and off a lot during the day and the following days due to fitting new plug sockets etc. I guess it was my own fault for not unplugging the router but i have learnt a lesson!

I was just interested that the current CRC errors are the same as i would expect on the Asus if not more. I am going to plug the line back into the Asus tomorrow and see what happens!

More than 3 re-syncs in one day will most likely make DLM kick in.

Associate
Here's a good one I've not seen before ...

Another inconsistency in the stats display by the look of things.
Note there has been no resets and been on fastpath for 29 days 17 hours and I am still very pleased with the performance as you can see by the speedtest output

9TiW0sFaYVa9yyZc322m_DcZav2TlEvr3foAbZAKy4Y

qNtNmXkph2OSxjqH82Un7nqRFD6X0F1PiWmiyR4zLHk

Now look at the info_adsl.txt file held on the router and notice the adsl up time ...

Code:
outDiscards=83640
inDiscards=825
outBytes=988675869
inBytes=2631236698
outPkts=27207335
inPkts=56514381
fwVer= FwVer:5.5.1.128_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.2

lineState=up
Opmode=ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
SNRMarginDown=9.3 dB
AttenDown=3.7 dB
SNRMarginUp=22.6 dB
AttenUp=7.7 dB
DataRateDown=79999 kbps
DataRateUp=19999 kbps
WanListMode=1
FECDown=0
FECUp=5581
CRCDown=3082
CRCUp=722
HECDown=0
HECUp=0
ADSLUpTime=-19 days, -23:-50, -1 secs
ADSLActiveTime=0 min, 17 secs
PowerDown=12.1 dbm
PowerUp=-8.6 dbm
ATURID=26005443434e0000
ATUCID=b5004244434da485
AttainUp=38122
AttainDown=106280
ShowtimeStart=17
TotalStart=100
ATURANSIRev=0
ATUCANSIRev=0
ATURANSIStd=0
ATUCANSIStd=0
InterleaveDepth=1
AdslStandard=VDSL2
AdslType=ANNEX_B
mtenStandard=G.dmt.bisplus (Annex L)
admin@DSL-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#
admin@DSL-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/adsl/info_adsl.txt
outDiscards=85708
inDiscards=825
outBytes=1275677691
inBytes=530339602
outPkts=28017840
inPkts=58085731
fwVer= FwVer:5.5.1.128_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.2

lineState=up
Opmode=ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
SNRMarginDown=9.4 dB
AttenDown=3.7 dB
SNRMarginUp=22.9 dB
AttenUp=7.7 dB
DataRateDown=79999 kbps
DataRateUp=19999 kbps
WanListMode=1
FECDown=0
FECUp=15216
CRCDown=3083
CRCUp=722
HECDown=0
HECUp=0
ADSLUpTime=-19 days, -21:-22, -19 secs
ADSLActiveTime=0 min, 17 secs
PowerDown=12.1 dbm
PowerUp=-8.6 dbm
ATURID=26005443434e0000
ATUCID=b5004244434da485
AttainUp=38718
AttainDown=98560
ShowtimeStart=17
TotalStart=100
ATURANSIRev=0
ATUCANSIRev=0
ATURANSIStd=0
ATUCANSIStd=0
InterleaveDepth=1
AdslStandard=VDSL2
AdslType=ANNEX_B
mtenStandard=G.dmt.bisplus (Annex L)
admin@DSL-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

Associate
I've had this router for the last two months on my Sky Fibre connection, like everyone else I've had serious issues with the CRC count going crazy, and DLM dropping my speed to near laughable levels, it even got to the stage where Sky classed my line as a having a critical fault and got Openreach out to look at it, turns out there was no issue but I managed to get a DLM reset putting me back to my full 80/20 connection with interleaved depth 1.

I ran the Sky Hub for 10 days to let my line settle, and have decided to give the Asus another go.

I've now got 408 CRC's down, 0 up over the last 23 hours, does this sound like a respectable number? Or should I be concerned DLM is going to hammer me again?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Associate
ok so i got some update he said "after confirming with chip vendor, currently your downstream is interleave mode and upstream is fast path mode.
Yes, we should separate our DSL log into two fields, thank you for your help!"

another step forward!

Associate
ok so i got some update he said "after confirming with chip vendor, currently your downstream is interleave mode and upstream is fast path mode.
Yes, we should separate our DSL log into two fields, thank you for your help!"

another step forward!

At least they have admitted to it finally. However considering I told them back in December this was the case it's taken 6 months to make that step.

Associate
I hope with the change they will make will also allow the device to communicate with dlm and tell it my line is interleaved and when ready to make possitive change. As it is now it must be telling it im fastpath.

I also think some feature changes to gui to include some more detaild stats woudnt go a miss, what would you like to see? i know id like to see interleave depth beside path mode for both up and down.

I think there are still bugs to be found and fixed in this device and also the dsl n66u.

I think if we use this thread also to discuss possible bugs as a group then we can get asus to make the changes.

Associate
I've had this router for the last two months on my Sky Fibre connection, like everyone else I've had serious issues with the CRC count going crazy, and DLM dropping my speed to near laughable levels, it even got to the stage where Sky classed my line as a having a critical fault and got Openreach out to look at it, turns out there was no issue but I managed to get a DLM reset putting me back to my full 80/20 connection with interleaved depth 1.

I ran the Sky Hub for 10 days to let my line settle, and have decided to give the Asus another go.

I've now got 408 CRC's down, 0 up over the last 23 hours, does this sound like a respectable number? Or should I be concerned DLM is going to hammer me again?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds good I am currently using a BT open reach router and I'm having about 750crc errors a day.

Associate
They can only fix it, if they are aware it needs fixing. They need us to give them the logs when things are not working to see what they can do, if we dont provide that then nothing can be done. Granted it does take a short while for them to point the finger at themselves.

I have a ps4 thats proberly already had more firmware updates than this device, firmware updates show progress and understanding more in what is demanded from it.

Soldato
It is all down to them taking responsibility. It appears as though they are reluctant to do that until they are proven wrong. How long has the DSL-N66U been out and how many issues remained prior to them bringing this out?

You can't really compare a PS4 to a router really. They are constantly adding features/patches/functions and of course fixing OS bugs.

I see your point in submitting reports but that is going to prove even harder to get the point across as more and more people move away from it.

Associate
They can only fix it, if they are aware it needs fixing. They need us to give them the logs when things are not working to see what they can do, if we dont provide that then nothing can be done. Granted it does take a short while for them to point the finger at themselves.

I have a ps4 thats proberly already had more firmware updates than this device, firmware updates show progress and understanding more in what is demanded from it.

They know it's problematic, they have repeatedly tried to fix it. The regulars on here including me have submitted countless error reports, logs. You only have to read previous posts on what is now a huge thread of rants, confusion and general despair.

Back
Top Bottom