Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
At least with the D7000 you will be matching chipsets. Broadcom modems are well known for their stability. I'll get one and give a review on the thread I created. No harm in getting one from a place that gives you a months return. That way you can give it a proper test!!

Associate
the modem seems fine for me on sky fibre, max speeds and on fastpath. no disconnections yet.

Hi Elim,
I am on Sky Fibre too I have just started to use this modem. It seems fine for me as well, I would just like to ask please can you tell me what DSL setting you are using, I have attached/insert mine to this post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6ca892tudr28r5/DSL-AC68U%20Settings.png?dl=0

Many Thanks
Mike
DSL-AC68U%20Settings.png

Associate
I used in exactly that way for a while and it ran fine. From memory the setting is tucked away in "Dual WAN" menu or similar. Drawback is you lose one of the 4 LAN ports (no dedicated EWAN port) leaving you only three. It did emphasise how good the routing side of this device is though and in my case solved the stability issue instantly.

Associate
I used in exactly that way for a while and it ran fine. From memory the setting is tucked away in "Dual WAN" menu or similar. Drawback is you lose one of the 4 LAN ports (no dedicated EWAN port) leaving you only three. It did emphasise how good the routing side of this device is though and in my case solved the stability issue instantly.

Thanks for info.

Will check out the DUAL WAN settings later on

I had been thinking that the 'bridge' option (in the WAN settings) is what I was looking to set (?)

Associate
Thanks for info.

Will check out the DUAL WAN settings later on

I had been thinking that the 'bridge' option (in the WAN settings) is what I was looking to set (?)

Turning a LAN port into a WAN port is the opposite of bridging, in fact you are technically un-bridging it :p

But yeah If I remember rightly is is definitely in the dual wan section.

Associate
There was an ASUS representative involved up until Jan/Feb but last I heard he'd disappeared and hasn't been back since so good luck.

I have been back, but not in an official capacity, for the reason mentioned below.

yeah i heard he had a new job. i think as long as we can prove its their device they will fix it if they can.

I'd hope so. TBF when I pointed out that there was an issue, they were very willing to get it fixed - no-one wants to have a product out there that's failing to meet basic expectations. It's a question of comms at the end of the day, making sure that the right people know what's happening.

Soldato
Well it has now been over 2 months since they released a firmware that broke more than it fixed for me. There sure isn't any willingness from Asus to fix anything from what I see...

Soldato
ive tried trolling through what your issues were cant find them, what were they again?

The most recent f/w pans the connected drive and it can't see all the stored folder/files correctly. Quite important if you are a photographer, didn't get to try it as a single box solution as I had to get the connected drive back up asap...

Back
Top Bottom