Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Associate
Just pulled the faceplate off the mater socket, connected to the test socket. 38 megs... happy with that

Just for info, i have no crc errors - the modem is working well

you better keep it this way

even with a draytek (at an other forum) mentioned similar behaviour

Can you tell from the network map page> click the top round icon that have the ip address and then right where say DSL tab ... what exchange are you with?
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
So, am I right in believing if you're lucky enough to be on a Huawei DSLAM (Broadcom chipset) this defer dmt olr test firmware will work much better than previous firmware versions, and those on another chipset such as Lantiq (ECI DSLAM) are once again unfortunate?

Gosh, news for those suckers (such as me) on ECI DSLAM's just gets worse lol. No sign of G.INP, and now that.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
4hrs in and I've just got a spike of CRC errors on the downstream. Only a few hundred. One positive I have seen is my rate is slightly increasing. Now sitting just below 73Mb.

Currently getting 125 times the amount of CRC errors in 4hrs than I did in 8 days on other devices. I'll check the rest if the stats tomorrow as I don't want to enable telnet and make it reboot again.

I think the hg612 will be fitted again tomorrow and left until I get another device.
I don't know how so many of you have put up with this for a year constantly waiting for a positive outcome. Ive had it a month or two and already regretting buying it from my mate!

Associate
I have instead of monitoring the CRC's and comparing with a different device that i had hooked up before, I look for how long my connection has been up in conjuction if i know DLM needs to make changes. That is why i havent given up.

at the moment since installing last firmware and then resetting and the day after i get a beta firmware (that splits up pathmode in two for down and upstream) then the day after i had pulled the trip switch on electric then realised it was the wrong one and turned my unit off. my DLM profile has dropped and also applied interleave. now im in the process of waiting for possitive changes.

Soldato
OK let's put it another way. Using the kitz traffic light error monitoring, this device sticks me in amber which is warning. Others do not hence why having to compare it to other devices. I should have made that point a while back.

I'm glad it works well for you though. You must have a better line than most. I've tried all settings you have suggested but to no benefit unfortunately.

Associate
What would you guys suggest as an alternative? I want stable but also to be able to tweak the settings... SNR Margin, TX Power control etc... as much as possible really.

I'm torn between 3 really:
Netgear D7000
Billion 8800AXL
FRITZ!Box 7490

or other?

Associate
I don't believe any of those allow you to control much more than the SNR Margin sadly. I can confirm this is the case for the Fritz!Box 7490, and the adjustment for SNRM is based on offset and is pretty limited too.

Back
Top Bottom