Anyone using Wegovy?

I am 9 weeks in and I have lost 9kg (Down from 99.6kg to 90.5kg).

I did 2.5mg x 4 weeks, 5mg x4 weeks and I am on week 2 at 7.5mg.

It is bizzaire - The feeling of "feeling full" is so alien to me, so imagine eating half a chicken breast and not being physically able to eat any more. Very strange, but it is working! I am hoping by the time I am done that my stomach will be used to just eating smaller meals (the right portion size rather than huge meals I would eat before).

At 2.5 and 5.0 I had no side effects, but a couple of days after the 7.5mg I had nausia, runny tummy for two days, extreme lethargy to the point I had to nap for 2 hours (3 days after) - I dont yet know if this was caused by something else as I am yet to have my second jab at 7.5, so I will find out in the next couple of days......

I have almost been worried I am not eating enough - Some of my gym sessions have been a bit light headed, but generally it is the day or two after having it. By day 4-5 I feel I am eating good quality and quantities of food.

Also I am now a one pint wonder. It has the same impact on drinking and my beer intake has become almost nothing as I just don't feel like I can actually drink it. Again, I want to keep things this way. I don't want to give up beer, but certainly keeping it to a couple of pints a week will be my long term intention.
Wow that’s amazing. Congrats. I’m 158kg! :-( (First step is admission right?!).

Sounds like a change in mind set already and exactly what I want to get to , I’m hoping I look at more quality good then quantity so like a small piece of something enjoyable rather than the rubbish I eat now.

Just doing my research while I wait on electrolytes and protein foods.

Last edited:
Just dont restrict yourself to salad. It won't work.

I had a donut the other day which the missus bought me. I've had plenty of nice burgers (well, more like half of them!) and still getting a homemade curry in once every other week. The minute you start restrciting yourself, IMO is the minute you set yourself up for a fall. Just be sesnisble with portions, how often you have a "bad" food etc and just watch the calorie deficit.

I was already on high protein with having started the weight training, but now spreading that protein to more sources rather than just chicken so that I get a variety of flavours and textures, as that is part of what would drive my cravings - I like variety.

Back
Top Bottom